Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rosita & Eugene

Discussion in 'Episode 707 - Sing Me a Song' started by Deadpool, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Deadpool

Deadpool Member

Do you feel like she was unnecessarily harsh to him, or was she right?

2. Spartangal22

Spartangal22 Member

I thought she was really hard on him, but I could also see that she was tearing up as she was yelling at him. They both had tears in their eyes. It was kind of a painful scene to watch, more emotional, for me, at least, than any other one in the episode. They were both hurting deeply from Abraham's loss and reacting in different ways - she's lashing out at anyone and not really thinking logically about what happens after she gets that one bullet. Eugene was trying to think logically, but was clearly hurting being in that building again knowing that he'd last been there with Abraham. And he doesn't want to lose Rosita, the only one of his group he has left, while Rosita doesn't care what happens to her, and he knows that. So, yes, she was way hard on him, and she knew it, but I think it was her own grief being directed at him for trying to make her see logic rather than her real feelings at this point.

Eugene is still hilarious, even when he's sad. "I reject that." He's been my favorite character since he came on this show and I wish he had more scenes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

It was harsh, but it's what lights a fire under Eugene's ass. If she puts him down and ridicules him, he will work herder to prove her wrong I think.

4. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

It was harsh but the only way she could get Eugene to do what she wanted him to.

5. Ubiq

Ubiq Active Member

Tough Love.

6. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I get that she's pissed at the world right now but i thought she unnecessarily crossed the line with Eugene. I'm curious though to see how this one bullet is going to come into play that she wanted so badly...

7. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Eugene's argument was sound, but Rosita couldn't take it to heart because of their history. My opinion is that Rosita was right about who Eugene used to be, but not about who he is now.

I liked Eugene's dignity in telling Rosita that he didn't believe or accept her apology, and I loved the honesty of, "I'd like to go back to quiet awkwardness now." No reason for him to talk to someone who holds him in contempt and belittles him.

8. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I was expecting Eugene to get attacked by walkers and Rosita having to use her bullet to save him.

9. BlackLightning

Rosita crossed the line.

She says that she is willing to pay the price and she thinks she knows what the price is...but she doesn't.

My prediction for the season finale: that damn bullet is going to backfire on Rosita and get someone killed...

That would have been a delicious demonstration of situational irony...

She would've saved him and then made him make another bullet again.

10. LolaDemented

LolaDemented Active Member

I think Rosita is so consumed with hurt and anger that she can't see straight right now. She wants Negan dead and doesn't care who she hurts in the process as long as she gets what she wants. I worry if she doesn't smarten up soon there could be great consequences.

11. Zombie_Penguin

Nothing good is going to come from that 1 bullet. Negan is already back when they arrive back. It wouldn't surprise me if Negan just takes that gun and the bullet in it. Worse, still, Rosita tries to shoot Negan and accidentally shoots someone else, or gets shot because of her actions, or maybe Spencer does? Her actions are going to get someone killed, I think these scenes with Eugene forshadow that. Maybe someone else has to die to light a fire under Eugenes butt to make him make more.

12. jackson04

jackson04 Active Member

I could see Rosita shooting Negan, but not being a fatal shot. Then Ro-ZEE-ta will be toast.

13. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

Harsh? When? None of her comments were untrue.

14. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

She used all of his known weaknesses against him to manipulate him into getting what she wanted (a bullet). Then she said "sorry." afterward which sounded so half-hearted it wasn't even funny. I think Eugene has made a lot of progress and didn't deserve that whatsoever. He was definitely the bigger person in this situation.

• Like Like x 1
  15. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

He helped kill a few walkers in S5, he bit Dwight's ***** which gave Rosita and Daryl the opportunity to engage.....but Abraham was out there waiting for his moment. Not really. He's more than eager pay he's taxes like Spencer.

16. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

He also took the RV by himself so they could attempt to get Maggie to the hilltop, even though he knew that meant confronting the Saviors' roadblocks by himself. That was pretty ballsy. Even Rick is willing to pay his taxes right now - most of them are scared shitless to lose anyone else. Eugene is fully aware of his weaknesses and cowardice, and has made great strides to improve it, while also trying to contribute in the ways that draw on his strengths. While i appreciate the fight Rosita has in her, i think she's being reckless by trying to do it solo and also by verbally bashing one of the 2 people she survived the apocalypse with. They both lost Abe, not just her.

17. progmanjum

progmanjum New Member

Rosita all riled up was very sexy.

18. EvieE

EvieE Member

She went way over the line. I get that they have history and Eugene has a history of cowardice, but when it was time to step up to the plate Eugene always came through in a big way, he helped decimate that herd, he fought back against Dwight, he was willing to die by driving the RV so that Maggie could get to safety. The thing is, Rosita will never have any respect for Eugene because he'll always be that guy she and Abraham had to get to DC, she may still hold some resentment toward him about that or the fact that he witnessed Abe having sex with her and of Abe dumping her. Eugene has just always been there and she resents him for that and it was probably a little of that coming out when she went off on him. She still took it too far though. Eugene is suffering too.

19. WalkerHill

WalkerHill Active Member

From a viewer point of view, Eugene is easily seen as the funny weird guy, but if you look at him from Rosita's, he is a guy that lied to them so they'd risk their lives to protect him. He's getting better, but I can definitely see where she would still be pissed at him, and annoyed at dealing with a guy like him at all in the middle of the apocalypse. She asked for a bullet, he said yes, then tried to backpedal. She's angry, yeah, and probably not thinking that clearly, but he should make her her damn bullet lol.

20. CorpseKiller

CorpseKiller Member

I think he should have made at least two bullets so they could test fire one just to be sure.