Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

ROSITA omits pertinent infomation

Discussion in 'Episode 615 - East' started by br0k3n, Mar 28, 2016.

1. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

I seem to recall that AFTER arriving at the scene of Denise's death, Rosita pipes up and tells Glenn and Michonne which direction Dwight and his crew exfilled.

WHY did this pertinent info just come out then? WHY was this not in a detailed incident report given immediately upon their return?

2. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

I have a feeling that people in the ASZ don't have 'incident reports' to fill out. "They ran off into the woods after we defeated them" is likely where the 'report' ended. I think it's pretty reasonably to ask her what direction they headed. She was the only one of the three who was there.

3. AAG331

AAG331 Member

It wouldn't have even mattered, because Dwight's group could of been ANYWHERE by that point.

4. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

Yet another gap to close in terms of establishing any sort of real security, getting a reliable flow of detailed information, and ensuring the future survival of the group.

5. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

I still don't really see the problem here. Even if Rosita had previously told them "they went east" or whatever, I think it would still be natural to ask about the direction from the only person who was actually there when it happened. "East" can encompass a pretty broad range of potential directions in any practical sense of the word.

6. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

It TOTALLY matters which way they went. Otherwise, Glenn and Michonne would have thrown up their hands and said "how is that important? They could be anywhere" But NO, they listened to Rosita's absurdly tardy information, and followed it, and "SURPRISE" run right into nutless wonder Dwight and the hobo commandos.

The information matters. It should have been delivered to leadership upon her return to base. Instead she sat on critical intel, until she was outside with two more of her companions (with no radios).

Where a unit retreats to speaks to (a) possible location of transportation, (b) location of a secure facility/safe house/fortified retreat, (c) reinforcements.

#6 br0k3n, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  7. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

So if someone told you "they ran off to the east of the tracks" would you just assume that you should head due east from the tracks? This is a silly complaint. Rosita was there. Glenn and Michonne were not there. It makes complete sense to follow the person who actually saw them leave, regardless of any information you may have had previously.

8. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

I'm afraid I'm not sure what you're communicating here. Rosita SHOULD HAVE given a complete report - along with Daryl - to leadership upon their return with the body of Denise.

as in:

1. We started our journey in ____ blank direction on _____ road, based on info from Denise about an apothecary and possible medication stash.
    2. ______ miles/kilometers into our journey the road was obstructed by a fallen tree. We got out, killed a walker, and recovered a backpack full of liquor.
    3. Daryl & Denise insisted on following the road, I took a shortcut on the railroad tracks, which diverge towards the _____.
    4. We met up at ____________ road, and located the apothecary. We successfully recovered a wealth of medications. Another walker was located inside.
    5. On the return route, we all took the railroad.
    6. ______ miles/kilometers along the railroad, Denise stopped for a cooler. She engaged a walker. We stopped on the tracks to discuss, and there she was killed by Dwight.
    7. _______ number of men were with him with fully automatic carbines. He had Eugene captive.
    8. (Description of how they got out of the predicament, how many enemy combatants were killed, what weapons were policed up afterwards, etc).
    9. Dwight and his surviving gang left that juncture headed ___________ (direction).
    10. (description of the return to base with body of Denise)

This is not rocket science, people. Information matters. I was surprised and ticked that she apparently NEVER gave out that intel after returning.

9. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

Okay TO BE CLEAR. Glenn and Michonne's decision to leave the base in a panic and run after Daryl is another topic. AS IS their decision to follow Rosita's intel on the last sighting of Dwight.

THIS IS ABOUT: Rosita NOT reporting this important info upon her return to Alexandria. Leadership should already have had this info! Rosita jumps in the vehicle and just says "I know where he went" WTH? WHEN were you going to share that, Rosita? SMH

10. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

i agree. If the Saviors were skilled enough to trap 4 of our guys, wouldn't they be smart enough to disguise their getaway route?

11. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Why are the Saviors still lurking around in that same patch of woods? Is that where they live?

12. AAG331

AAG331 Member

What do you expect Rosita to do? Give them a detailed map?! She had to tend to Eugene's injuries before she could even begin to track those Saviors. At most, all she could of told them that more Saviors were out there.

And that area is most likely their ambush point, and Rosita and the rest of Rick's Group probably assumed that the Saviors were not ever going to use that area for an ambush.

13. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

This has nothing to do with disguising getaways.

14. AAG331

AAG331 Member

Is that even supposed to be the same area? I can't tell because it's a f*cking forest for Christ's sake.

15. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

HELL YES. A hand drawn rendering would be a nice accompaniment to her full report upon arrival. Daryl also. DID YOU MISS the part about fully automatic rifles? Everyone almost dying?

No one in leadership could assume anything, since she NEVER GAVE THEM the info.

Rosita had time to stand at the gate and glare at Sasha. She had time to give an oral report on the incident.

16. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

I think it has everything to do with it. They may be rough but they're not stupid. They're not dumb enough to flee into the direction of their hole up. Rosita could've lead them, but who knows if they're still in the area?

Rosita *wanted* to be on this mission, thus she kept the info until she was on the way

17. AAG331

AAG331 Member

Are you saying that Rosita told NONE of Rick's Group about the incident? With Denise DEAD and Eugene INJURED, she's basically forced to tell them what went down. You act like she, Daryl, Eugene, and Abraham just kept their lips zipped tight.

At most all Rosita could have said was that their were more Saviors out there. She has no idea where they went, nor where they are hold up. Unless she has access to the Season 7 script, i'd say your asking too much from her.

18. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I think they'd run right for their hole-up. They just lost more than half their group, and if there are more of them at their base, they could have gotten them to fight back Daryl's group. If they were worried about being pursued, and they should have been, going back for help would be the way a panicked bunch would think.

19. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

Have you SEEN Dwight hold a gun? The man is not a tactician.
    I doubt that very much, considering they were under heavy fire. They were booking it straight to where they believed they'd be safe.
    NOT ROSITA'S CALL to make. It was her duty to fill leadership in on all the info, so that a rational plan could be formulated as to what to do next. She could very likely have been selected by leadership to lead a recon team to scout the area. But it would have been methodical. Not the emotional mess we're watching unfold now.

20. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

I really think this is just a silly complaint. You're making it sound like Rosita had some kind of ulterior motive here in deliberately not telling them what direction to go.

This is incredibly simple. She. Was. There. She saw them leave. She visually watched them walk away. No amount of verbal or written description is going to give either Glenn or Michonne a better idea of where to go than what Rosita would have. It is absolutely natural to follow the person who SAW IT HAPPEN. As I said previously, she could have said "they went northeast" and it would still make far more sense to ask her "what direction did they go" when reaching the point from which they headed northeast. She might remember that "they went past this group of trees". How is she going to describe that group of trees? "It's the group of short trees with the tall tree in the middle" or something like that? Would Glenn and Michonne remember her description and think "oh, there's a group of short trees with a tall tree, that surely must be the exact group of trees out of this entire forest that Rosita was referring to. Let's not ask Rosita what direction to go in and just assume that we have 100% understanding of her report. We'll lead the way instead of letting the person who SAW IT HAPPEN lead the way."

Yeah, this complaint is useless.