Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rotten Tomatoes and Reviews

Discussion in 'Episode 1001 - Lines We Cross' started by Dnae, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

As of posting this thread 20 RT reviews are in for episode 1001

19 Fresh and 1 Rotten putting the tomatometer at 95%

Who was that one rotten rating? Why Jim Vorel of Paste Magazine

I took a snapshot of his review blip because frankly it made me laugh.....
    [​IMG]
    Notice that he is trying his hand at sarcasm and how unnecessary and over-complicated the drills on the beach are....that it seems too much for fighting the undead!!!

Dumb-ass.

The drills are for fighting the whisperers - you know those people who walk among the dead. I mean they can't exactly practice on the living now can they?

And then he goes on to write how suddenly they have to fight with these types of weapons because guns have disappeared though they were readily available during the savior war.

Dude....define suddenly. It has been at least 8 years - possibly 10 - since the savior war.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I've noticed that when you have a solid TWD episode, and you read the reviews of the one or two people who gave it a rotten review, they often completely misunderstand what was going on in the episode lol

3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

It's so true LOL!!! And it is not as though TWD is rocket science 101

Did you read the article posted in the thread link below? That one was a doozy!
    https://battleroyaleforums.com/forum/threads/seriously-wtf.696002/

It was about the whisperers and their nuclear weapon :rolleyes:

4. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I also thought the battle formations were silly though. Fighting using that method can be effective under very limited conditions, but if your foe isn't coming straight at you (in their own battle formation, or if they're being funneled to the front), it can be effective. But if you're fighting gorilla fighters or when they're coming from all points of the compass, battle formations don't work. So why spend their limited training time learning to fight in a formation that has only limited benefit?

Even later in the episode when they were fighting the fire and the walkers, you could see how that formation fighting would be useless.

I think it was just one of those 'hey, this'll look cool!' things they did that doesn't really work. Sort of like Carol using walker blood to put out a fire - looks cool, but soooooooo inexplicable if you think about it at all.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I am under the impression that their training is being used to familiarize everyone with a new way to fight against a new enemy. Not knowing who is and who is not a walker is not a fight you can have with people blindly rushing into a horde. You have to be aware of each and every being you are up against.

The training is probably an exercise in learning and becoming familiar with listening to commands/directives of a squads leader. Learning how to fight in a more organized manner. They are more than fully aware that in a "real" fight all will not go to plan but with their re-training they will be better equipped to fight the whisperers walking among a horde of walkers.

• Like Like x 2