Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rotten Tomatoes & End of Season

Discussion in 'Episode 516 - End of the Line' started by Dnae, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

We are now finished with season 5 (thank god) and now it is time for the Rotten Tomatoes round up

I believe that a certain number of critics must post a review before an episode (and season) are given either the fresh or rotten tag.

For example, episode 15 has only garnered 9 posted reviews therefore an "official" RT consensus has not been given. BUT since all 9 critics gave a green splat we can just go ahead and call that one a rotten 0%

What I did find interesting this morning is that season 5 as a whole was hanging on to a 60is% overall rating which still kept it in the red tomato zone. This was due to those critics posting their views early on in the season. But this morning one more review was posted for the season as a whole and it is now sitting at 58% rotten. I do wonder if now that the season is over if more critiques will be posted on the season as a whole and how that will change the so called tomato-meter.
    [​IMG]

EDIT: As of 2:30 p.m. 9/30 the stats have changed in an interesting way:

Above you notice that there are 14 critic ratings give the meter a 58% rating. 13 of these 14 ratings were posted after the first episode of the season.

Now that the season has ended there are now only 9 ratings giving the meter a 59% rating. The assumption being that 5 earlier reviews that were more than likely positive have been deleted since last night episode (though I know that Erik Kaines has also been deleted and his review of the season was not favorable even after only watching one episode LOL)

#1 Dnae, Sep 30, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

*Will update when reviews have been posted for the season finale

Rotten Maters update (rating is in either red/fresh or green/rotten). Writers of each episode also listed.

501 - Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum 94% (of which I disagree with so much. It was nowhere near the quality of episodes we got from season 9 of TWD)

502 - Alex Delyle 62%

503 - Ashley Cardiff 83%

504 - Samir Mehta 75%

505 - Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum 64%
    506 - Mallory Westfall 42%

507 - Richard Naing 36%

508 - Michael Alaimo 54%

509 - David Johnson 64%

510 - Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum 50%

511 - Mallary Westfall and Alex Delyle 46%

512 - Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum 36%

513 - Ashley Cardiff and Nick Bernardone* 93%????!!!!!! Who the f*ck is reviewing this shit????

514 - David Johnson - 50%

515 - Michael Slaimo and Samir Mehta - 17%

516 - Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum - 23% (as of 13 critics reviews Monday 9/30 @ 2:20 pm CST)

#2 Dnae, Sep 30, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  3. KiernansFaerie

KiernansFaerie Active Member

That audience score of 28% is way more on target. I just can't take their critic's scores seriously. Did they even watch the shows?

4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Clearly this guy was not watching the same show the rest of us were LOL. Intense? Really? Maybe some of the commercials were intense

Intense Season 5 finisher. Who knows what Season 6 will hold.
    Sep 30, 2019 | Full Review…
    [​IMG]

C.H. Newell
    Father Son Holy Gore

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. KiernansFaerie

KiernansFaerie Active Member

Paid off or tripping on something.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

13 of the 14 reviews for the season as whole were submitted within the first 1-3 episodes of season 5. All the reviews posted with the exception of one review were posted on June 18 2019. We had yet to reach the summit of suckage at that point LOL.

The audience ratings for the season as a whole have been submitted and calculated with each passing episode (notice that 105 ratings from users have been submitted since 06/18/19 through present day)

Interesting development: This morning, as you can see in the screen shot I posted, there were 14 critic reviews for the season with a rating of 58%. Now their page on RT only shows 8 critic reviews and the rating is now at 59%. So the assumption can be that some of those critics who had posted positive reviews early on in season 5 have now deleted those same reviews since the season is now over.

Tuesday (Oct 1) edit: Season overall rating stands at 55% from 9 critics.

#6 Dnae, Sep 30, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I am currently watching TWD Season 9, I thought it was pretty bad watching the first few on a stream last year. But now? It makes FTWD look like even more of a losers show. What is the difference in budget?

8. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

This is old, from 2016. I will try to find a current story.

It's been widely publicized that original Walking Dead showrunner Frank Darabont was canned over budget concerns. The first season cost roughly $3.4 million per episode, leading AMC to slash the budget to around $2.75 million for the second season. The show has hovered around that amount ever since. By comparison, each episode of Game of Thrones cost anywhere between $6 million and $10 million.

Production costs for Fear The Walking Dead have not yet been made public, but it's safe to assume the network is keeping the budget smaller than its big brother. While the quality of the show has dipped recently, it's still bringing in enough viewers to be considered a quality return on investment.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brando...g-dead-vs-fear-the-walking-dead/#4e1d970c2a5f

9. Lindigo

He's gu
    Coleman was guessing around $4 million an episode for FTWD in 2018, but I'll keep looking.

10. Lindigo

Sorry, I couldn't stumble over an answer, but I don't think the budget is related to the quality issue.

11. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Thanks for all your research Lindigo! COnsidering the amount of actors they got and some not bad names at all! I imagine it is simply incompetence from the writers which makes FTWD lose so much momentum! A pity since the show got a lot of potential if used right :(

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2