Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

S3E1 Rate it

Discussion in 'Episode 301 - Eye of the Beholder' started by Sharpie61, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Will move over, when opened

2. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

301-10
    302-8
    So together I will give it a 9.5. I enjoyed it very much. A lot action as well as story building. I'm excited to see where this is going to go and which of these new characters will stay or die. I'm excited to see how Ofilia is brought in. and the "webisodes" tie in. I hope we get more of Strand and see if he meets back up with the Clarks soon... I assume he will but assuming doesn't work well in these type of shows....:rolleyes:;)

3. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

i'm glad you liked it, jag!

it was background noise for me. seriously, what a lot of noise. i felt the noise was to cover up how much i didn't care what happened. the quiet conversation between strand and ilene might have been my favorite scene. when strand got that stuck slider to open, it felt like fresh cool air was washing over me, too.

i appreciate that they tried so hard to give us an exciting episode, but i still am not bonded with the characters, so i still have the response of "sound and fury, signifying nothing."

i'm glad cliff died, only because i hope to care about future characters.

i'm so conflicted, i can't rate it.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the hell out of both episodes. I loved the pacing, the intensity, the WTF moments.

I am with @Jag I think the first episode was damn near flawless (well he thought it was flawless, gave it a 10). I damn near thought it was flawless giving the first episode a 9.5 easy peasy lemon squeezy. I give the second episode an 8. The bits with Strand just interrupted the momentum of the rest of the story line for me.

Taking them both into account my rating averages out to 8.75

I am glad that they decided to show both episodes last night. Travis' death would not have the impact it did had it been delayed another week.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I liked them. Intense at some moments, creepy on others.
    I really liked the walker in the wall kill.
    Strands story was a bit boring, but I understand. They needed him out of the hotel.

I give both 9s.

6. Elly F.

Elly F. Member

Ive been saying that in order for me to further invest here they would have to come out swinging and really step it up and i feel like they really did that. I give 301 a 9 and 302 a 9.5 and i seriously hope they can keep up this pace and story. I like where they're taking these characters. Except for Nick. Hes still a whiny entitled douche and im sooooo over it.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

7. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I gave 301 a 9 on imdb, so I'll do the same here. Haven't seen 302 yet though

8. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I give the first eppy a 9.5. I too thought it was damn near flawless.

Second eppy I will drop down to a 9 for two reasons. Nick didn't seem to care much about where Travis was and also didn't seem to care much to find out he was gone (sorry might be nit picky but he was his father figure)....and the blind trust in handing over guns TWICE was a bit much for me. First creepy boy to Travis, who turned the gun on him....and then Travis to the dad. Come on Nick, didn't you just say don't trust these people? So I take off HALF A POINT! Cuz it wasn't THAT big a deal. :p

On a positive note, so glad they gave Maddie more than just her stoic reaction to Travis' death at the gate. The tree scene was good. I liked her line to the dad when he walks up...."Watch where you step, I'm not well".

Awwww </3

9. Gordian Knot

Gordian Knot Member

I think Nick turning over the gun that second time was reasonable. The old man comes across as someone that can be trusted. Calculated risk, sure, but with a reasonable chance it would work.

Besides it was epic the way Nick got that gun the second time. Did anyone believe he was asking for the gun to kill the girl? As soon as he had it and pointed it at the little snot I was like 'You go Nick'. lol.

It was also good to see that just because they are finally reunited, Nick and Maddie's confrontational relationship doesn't disappear. After a half hour they are sniping at each other just like old times. Very believable.