Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

S5 Early Reviews

Discussion in 'Fear The Walking Dead Television Series' started by Dnae, May 21, 2019.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

AMC has released the first four episodes of season 5 to various critics

I have read a couple of the reviews. While no one person is exactly jumping up and down with excitement and anticipation they are also not prone on the floor pounding their fists in frustration. Seems that the consensus is "shmeh". Some things are good. Some things are boring. Overall a good enough series to watch while waiting for October.

Of course that is just my critique of the critic's critiques ;)

Read em and weep.

Or

Read em and rejoice.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

First up from Paul Tassi (Forbes). Lets face it, he rarely gives high praise to the franchise as a whole so read with a grain of salt.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...-first-four-unreleased-episodes/#5bbb582056ca

3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

The other side to the Forbes coin is the Undead Walking

Forbes, on average, is critical and pessimistic. Undead Walking tends to drive the hype train and has optimism in spades.

[​IMG]

https://undeadwalking.com/2019/05/20/fear-walking-dead-season-5-review-mission/

#3 Dnae, May 21, 2019
    Last edited: May 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Third review is from Kirsten Acuna who for the most part seems to be that reviewer who actually has the ability to praise when praise is earned and to respectfully address her dislikes about an episode.

And seems that she does a bit of both in regard to her review of the first four episodes of season 5

https://www.insider.com/fear-the-walking-dead-season-5-review-2019-5

• Like Like x 1
  5. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Not bad. Considering the way season 4 ended so terribly, these reviews are pretty positive.

6. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I felt like the reviews had a very "whatever" feel to them. Like the first 4 aren't great but they aren't terrible.

I'm going into this season with extremely low expectations. At first I wasn't even going to watch, just record them and binge them later. But I'll probably watch but I'm going to have the mindset of "first dumb thing, I'm switching it off."

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

I can't even remember now if I watched out the final episodes of S4. (What does that say?)

I've decided to give S5 a go. Last nights epi was okay. I am quite sick of this all-life-is-precious-we-gotta-help-errbody-Morgan that we've been subjected to off and on throughout his character's existence though.

8. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I watched a little bit here and there getting ready for work this morning, the plane crashing was a little confusing. Maybe I should pay more attention. LOL

9. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

I'm confused as to where they got a plane....? Did I forget that from the end of S4??

10. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Nope, out of thin air so to speak.

Well, I haven't really watched the whole episode yet so out of thin air as far as I know. :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1