Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Salazar's Flashback

Discussion in 'Episode 206 - Sicut Cervus' started by Camilleyun, May 16, 2016.

1. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

Was this Salazar remembering something he did in his past to a child, or something that happened to him as a child?

2. Poppy

Poppy Member

That's a good question. As that was happening, I was wondering... is he recalling something that he had done to a child in the past, OR was he seeing THIS zombie as he was before he turned? I couldn't determine for sure if it was the same actor, with and without make-up or not.
    There were definitely similarities.

3. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

I wasn't sure what to make of that scene either. Initially I assumed that he was remembering something that he'd done to another child in the past, but I'm not so sure now. It could have been something that happened to him in the past, but that seems unlikely to me. It seems fairly plausible that he was just envisioning this kid as the kid that he was before turning.

4. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I was certain that in his role he had to kill a lot of kids or torture them for information, and putting down kids as walkers reminds him of that so it's bringing up his past and haunting him because he feels guilty for what he did to innocent kids .

5. Guitarman23

Guitarman23 Member

All will be explained about the flashback in the next episode (per The Talking Dead).

6. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

The flashback was a little too vague to have much meaning or impact. I think they have too many people going crazy at once.

7. Poppy

Poppy Member

Nah... torturing kids would make him too unlikable a character. He may have orphaned some, but not tortured them.

Killing the zombie little girl affected Nick. He had time to SEE her, and decide... damn I have to put her down. Salazar with the alter boy, also had time to SEE him as an innocent little kid. He could hold him off, and decide. His daughter Ofelia on the other hand, saw her dad in danger, didn't have time to THINK... but only to REACT! As a result, she may not have issues. I hope not.

8. Camilleyun

I didn't catch TTD that night. I do remember the story Salazar told about government forces that came to his town as a boy and took some people away. The soldier told Salazar's father that they would return and he said they did - he found them all together floating in the river while fishing. I was leaning towards Salazar being the child in the flashback - did TTD give any hints?

9. _Luna

_Luna New Member

THIS (Bold added by me for emphasis). But, totally this. I was going to start a separate thread on it, in fact. Between Chris, Nick (believing, now, that the zombies are spiritual or anything besides needing to be killed), and Daniel, then toss in Celia for good measure, there are just too many people going crazy at this point. I mean, in a sense that's actually believable in that if the apocalypse were actually among us, we'd likely have people losing their sanity who otherwise wouldn't ...but it's a fictional show and this just isn't helping the plot. One token crazy person? Okay. Two? Well, I'll deal with it. Three, four? WHY?

10. Camilleyun

What's hard for me is not the fact that people are grappling with their sanity, it's that we've never seen them completely leveled by anything that's happened. We've never seen them "break" in a way that makes it believable. If I remember correctly, Madison came close after bashing Art's head in while talking to Travis on the phone, but otherwise we seem relegated to somber stares and sullen expressions.

11. Guitarman23

Guitarman23 Member

No. The actress who plays Ophelia just said the flashback would be explained in the next episode.