Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Sasha so mad at Michonne. Why?

Discussion in 'Episode 515 - Try' started by hansonhowell, Mar 24, 2015.

1. hansonhowell

hansonhowell Member

Somebody please explain to me: why is Sasha so mad at Michonne? Seriously, Michonne never did anything to hurt her. All M was trying to do was to help her. And they also have a lot of things in common: both lost their family, both are strong fighter... The only difference was Michonne wanting to stay in ASZ while Sasha thinks it's not real. But that's just a difference of opinions, doesn't really make sense for them to fight with each other. Or is Sasha just mad at everyone these days? She yelled at that woman at the party, and then at Dianna.

2. Firewallcano

Firewallcano Member

Dont question Sasha, who knows why she does anything.

3. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I don't think Sasha's actually mad at Michonne. She's just lost a lot lately (Bob, Tyreese) and both of those losses were so close together. She's not coping well, and Michonne just happens to be on the receiving end of her frustration.

It's nothing personal.

4. sam12six

sam12six Member

I agree that she's generally mad at the world right now, but I think it is personal. As unhealthy and reckless as her coping methods are, Michonne is the one who keeps jumping in and interfering. She's in a place where she wants nothing but to kill zombies. Anyone who repeatedly appears to be trying to prevent that is sure to get an extra dose of anger.

5. Walkers_TWD

Walkers_TWD Well-Known Member

You must have missed the part where she lost her boyfriend and her brother not to long ago :zombies_lol: She isn't over them. She hasn't come to peace with what happened, like Michonne has. Which I think is why she said It all worked out for you! You can't help me. And Michonne can see that she is down the road she once was on.
    Their are some similar parallels between these two when it comes to their Anger and grief. After Andrea died Michonne went out every day hunting for the Governor, much like Sasha is doing now hunting walkers which are what killed Bob and Tyresse. And after the prison Michonne chose not to follow Rick n Carl's footprints deciding to separate from them,and after arriving to ASZ Sasha is basically living in the Belltower ,separating herself from the group. The difference is Michonne has over come this grief, and Sasha is still living it

6. JPG119

JPG119 Member

Yeah, she's basically just still pissed about everything.

7. rustybag

rustybag Member

I also see Sasha as being angry as hell and blowing off steam, and anyone who gets in her way or interrupts her will be on the receiving end of her wrath. Unfortunately, it seems like she's feeling omnipotent and not recognizing when there is a real danger & time to pull back.

8. Screaminleeman

Well Michone is right, and Sasha HATES IT!

Michone tells her brother Tyreese after losing Karen: Anger makes you stupid, and stupid gets you killed!

I told you so only adds fuel to the fire in Sahsa's case however.

Tyreese wanted to beat the tar out of the world with his bare hands after his loss. Yes, stupid and dangerous, but mainly to himself at the time.

Sasha, not so much. Her taking out her anger is endangering EVERYONE!

9. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

Sasha is mad at the world. Michonne trying to help her just allowed Sasha to unleash some of her anger. It's not personal for Sasha against Michonne. I love Sasha and totally understand her. She doesn't react appropriately which makes her seem like one of the most real characters to me.

10. hansonhowell

hansonhowell Member

Yeah but Rosita was there too trying to stop her. I don't see Sasha yelling at Rosita. I feel like the writers are just trying to create artificial conflicts between Sasha and Michonne so that one of them would get killed.

11. rustybag

rustybag Member

True, they do have a tendency to create these quickie dynamics between people to either create conflict or kill someone off. I thought she was verbally pushing away both Rosita and Michonne, but then Michonne crossed the line by killing that walker that was on top of Sasha & that's when she lashed out at her. They did have that scene by the bridge as well a few episodes back, so true, why are they creating conflict between Sasha and Michonne...

12. KAY EL

KAY EL Member

Why bother with this made-up thing between Sasha and Michonne when I think there could be a potential romance between Sasha and Spencer. The moment they met I could see something going on.

13. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

She's probably the reason for the sudden increase in walkers showing up at the gates of Alexandria.

14. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

I think Michonne actually sees herself in Sasha, or at least the way she used to be. Michonne was probably just as angry and irrational after losing her boyfriend and her son. So if anything, Michonne is trying to help Sasha through her pain because Michonne had no one but herself at that time. She doesn't want Sasha to become like she did, if that makes any sense at all.

15. hansonhowell

hansonhowell Member

It makes a lot of sense to me. What doesn't make sense is how Sasha can't understand that Michonne is just trying to help her. The girl doesn't look dumb to me.

I'm sick of all the fake romance and fake tension on this show. Carl and Enid running around the wood and having a teenage-erectile moment while walkers roamed outside the tree? Pleaeese! A kid like Carl should know better by now than to fool around in the presence of walkers. Someone who had to kill his Mom to stop her from becoming a zombie, someone who lured a walker from the wood getting Dale killed as a result, someone who almost got raped by a bunch of guys and who saw his Dad rip their throat out bloody- this kid would not run around playing hide and seek with a girl he just met while walkers surrounded them.

And don't get me started on Rick/Jessie. Risking a safe haven for his son and baby daughter - in exchange for some blond booty? These writers seriously need to get fired.

#15 hansonhowell, Mar 24, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  16. creolecafe73

creolecafe73 New Member

Keep in mind Sasha knows nothing of Michonne's losses. The only person that know of the deaths of her son and husband is Carl. And after Sasha pushed Michonne hand away it played out to me that she was angry at herself for having told Noah he wouldn't make it and then having him die.

17. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

Sasha was never Mary Poppins to begin with. She has always been very pragmatic. Now, after losing her boyfriend and brother, plus the other ungodly things she has endured with the group- she's suffering. Sasha is not the type that asks for help. She is PTSD at its finest, as far as I'm concerned.

Sasha knows Michonne has her number- she called her out on her crap earlier. Deep down inside, I believe she knows Michonne is right. A person with Sasha's hard- as -nails facade isn't going to acknowledge help...especially from someone who can read her like an open book.

18. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

Good point! I think you're right about Noah. I'm sure she has many regrets. She's the type of person who obviously internalizes struggle, so as not to appear weak. Facing all of these things, means that she will actually have to deal with the problems.

19. Ames25

Ames25 Member

I think Sasha is living in a world of regrets. She couldn't apologise to Noah or see him grow and develop in the ASZ before he died. She didn't get to see him being strong. She didn't get to talk with Tyreese before he died because she was still angry about Bob and still in mourning for him. She couldn't save Bob.

I think she feels that every time she's put her grief above someone else, they die and she is left with the guilt. By her alienating herself in the watch tower, she's trying to get over it and make their deaths mean something- shown by her pedantic hunting of the walkers, she wants to make a difference so they didn't die for nothing.

When she said to Michonne that she had it easy, she doesn't know about Michonne's past. I think she thinks Michonne came into this with nothing and gained a family (I can't remember if Sasha knew how close Andrea and Michonne were? I think she missed seeing Michonne at Woodbury, but I would need someone to clarify?), whereas Sasha came into this with everything and has lost every one she's close to- I think she feels that Michonne knows nothing about loss and has just become stronger, while Sasha fights with emotional weakness every single day.

Then there is the anger she felt at Michonne saving her. I think this is because when she is fighting hand to hand with these things, she feels strong. She knows she has the upper hand and it justifies to herself that she has what it takes. The idea of someone saving her makes her feel weak, like she said Noah was. She doesn't want to be like them, because she has to face the reality that she might die. Taking out every walker she sees is her way of minimising the risk of her being killed by one.

20. hansonhowell

hansonhowell Member

Wow that's actually a very insightful post. I think you understand Sasha's emotional struggles even better than Sasha herself.

But we're all assuming that Sasha knows nothing about Michonne's past. Like, really? They spent months on the road together; something is bound to have slipped out. Don't you think they would have shared their pasts? Just because it doesn't happen on-screen doesn't mean it didn't happen.

But I get it now. Having told someone they wouldn't make it, only to have your prediction come true - that's a big blow. Not to mention the love of her life and her brother both died back to back. If I were Sasha, I wouldn't be able to handle all that.