Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Sasha

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead TV Characters' started by Austannibal, Mar 1, 2013.

1. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

Yes i think Laurie Holden and Sonequa Martin Green are better actresses than Cohan. Laurie was given some absolutely awful scripts in S3 of TWD and there's only so much an actor can do with a script. However she gave an impressive performance in S1 and i still think she's one of the best actresses they have cast. Unfortunately they wasted her talents after S1. Melissa McBride IS the best actress on the show and maybe the best actor overall if not for Lennie James. Sonequa has given a solid performance since day one and she was great in S4-S5. I have no idea how you think her and Laurie only have one facial expression.

As for Cohan, she is incredibly overrated, her line delivery is absolutely awful, i can't say her body language is bad, that seems to be one of the few things she gets right these days and her way of showing emotions these days is just getting worse and worse. She has potential to be great but really does nothing to make use of that potential. Beth's death scene was just poor.

I also see that you disliked my post when i was praising both Sonequa and Laurie and never actually insulted Cohan and yet you've said far worse in your post right here. Tell me, did you come into the Sasha thread to say rude comments about the actress playing her?

#361 TGO, May 5, 2015
    Last edited: May 5, 2015
  2. MaggieBadass

MaggieBadass Member

The expression easy , I only meant to Senequa or you're going to say it's a lie what I say ?
    As for Laurie , I feel good actress , but nothing great nor one of the best cast only for having performed well in the first season .
    If by this argument , Lauren Cohan had a great performance in the third season and look, I'm not saying it's the best actress in the cast, and only said that she is superior to Laurie and Senequa .

Season 3
    [​IMG]

Season 4
    [​IMG]

SEASON 5
    [​IMG]
    You see?, The same face always.

As for Lauren Cohan , she was awarded the prize for the best satellite TV deal in , with Norman and Andrew ..... thanks to its very good performance in the third season.
    Sasha been nominated for something with its " Master " interpretation in season ?, note the irony .

3. DietWater

DietWater Well-Known Member

You're so right! Sonequa is garbage. I hope they kill her off within the first 5 minutes of S6.

4. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Thank you - I needed a good laugh today.

5. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

[MENTION=6371]Austannibal[/MENTION] i see you're catching up on the thread, are you as excited as I am to see Sasha in S6? Here's hoping for more Comic storylines to keep her alive! (I mean that in a good way, i don't want Sasha killed off any-time soon.)

6. TheDead729

TheDead729 New Member

First time posting here. I love Sasha and can't wait to see where they are taking her this season. Whatever it is I hope she lives to see season 7.

7. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums! And yes, i agree; any-time in the next two seasons is too early for her to be killed off. Let's hope she's a long-term character.

8. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I'm seeing Sasha as more and more of a long term character, for sure. Between adopting a mixture of comic Andrea and comic Michonne's storylines and traits, and the amount of focus and development she's had since 4B, the idea of Sasha dying anytime soon just doesn't feel right.

9. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

Yeah, they have done a great job fleshing her character out. She is getting long term development and long term storylines. She is in this show in the long run and I would be stunned if she wasn't.

10. Austannibal

Austannibal Member

Haha yeah I lurk around here a lot during the summer without posting much, just liking comments. :zombies_lol:

And yeah, I'm super excited about what direction they're gonna take Sasha this season!! I definitely wanna see more scenes with her and Maggie. It'll be interesting to see if she's more content with the deaths of Bob and Tyreese, the last scene we saw her in made me think that she has a new-found hope. So I hope she's coming out of her angry phase!

I don't think Sasha will die anytime soon! I feel like there's still so much they can do with her. And I have a feeling her development in season 5 was preparing her to become one of the core members of the group. I mean, it's about time. She's been with us since season 3!

11. TheDead729

TheDead729 New Member

12. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

It's interesting. I think at the beginning of season 4, Sasha was obviously a core part of the group to the other characters. By which I mean, she appeared to be in a position of some authority or leadership, or was at the very least respected.

It's been a while since I've seen it, but from what I recall it appeared that Sasha lead the run to the Big Spot department store in the season 4 premiere. She gave the okay for Bob to come along, and gave instructions to everyone on what to do inside. It seemed like she'd become a pretty central asset to the prison crew. Unfortunately, the remainder of her appearances in 4A were her being sick, so we didn't really get to follow up on that. It would have been nice if we had. We could have seen her sniping from the guard tower in the assault, like Andrea in the comics.

At the same time, I feel like she's only becoming a part of the core group to us as an audience more recently. 4B/5 was where she's gained a lot of focus and development. I just think it's interesting that from what little we saw of Sasha in 4A, she appeared to be pretty important at the prison, yet to the audience she was still just "Tyreese's sister" and probably high on a lot of people's "likely to die" lists.

13. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Sasha is one of my favorite characters. And quite honestly in regard to the female characters on the show I often find myself flip flopping between her and Michonne as to which is my favorite female.

I liked her character as early as season 3 - the scene where she is with Tyreese atop the bus at Woodbury taking target practice on walkers. Her future worth to the group was evident this early on.
    [​IMG]

And as stated above, that worth was solidified during season 4 and the run to the department store (let us not forget her badass pool stick walker kill!).

[​IMG]

And now she is Rick's go to person for the quick and efficient kill - and he only needs to say her name, no further directive needed
    [​IMG]

IMO, Sasha will be around for the long haul.

14. TheDead729

TheDead729 New Member

I hope so. I love Sasha so much. As I said before how I felt she was a core member of the prison group at the start of season 4, I fell like to the group she was looked at as a leader but to viewers at the time was still like a red shirt. I think we looked at her like this because in season 3 her and her group got chased away by Rick and at the end was accepted in to the prison. Season 4 started on a 7 month time skip. So to the group, she has earned her place with them but to us she was sort of freshly added to the show.

15. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Okay fellow Sasha fans, our girl is ready for her first San Diegi Comic Con

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

GAH, she is stunning

16. TheDead729

TheDead729 New Member

I'm so happy she finally get's to go to SDCC, now if only she can finally get on the opening credits it would be a great start to a new season.

17. TheLastGreene

TheLastGreene New Member

18. TheLastGreene

TheLastGreene New Member

Maggie and Sasha = POWER
    [video=youtube;2GBGVzdJS34]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GBGVzdJS34&index=21[/video]

19. GrizzlyBear

GrizzlyBear Member

Since Sasha is becoming Andrea that mean her and Rick gonna hook up?

20. HJUjbsdkji

HJUjbsdkji New Member

I think sasha is very good, very good for nothing !
    she's just stupid, so melancholic, and f*cking selfish bastard