Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Sasha

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead TV Characters' started by Austannibal, Mar 1, 2013.

1. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

I'm really enjoying the Abe-Sasha relationship... she's a cool chick who didn't need a man to be strong, and he is a strong-willed man. Pretty much melted at his lines thus far with Sasha. Can't help it. :)

#401 HonestAbe, Apr 9, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  2. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

I'm honestly a fan of the pairing as well.

I really, really like Abraham. I sure hope he wasn't the one who got the bat because I'd love to see more of a storyline play out with him, and with him and Sasha.

3. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

same here... I really hope it wasn't Abraham.

4. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

I like the pairing too. I know a lot of people complained that it came out of nowhere but that's so not true. They have so much in common and both were so broken and helped each other heal. It was very organic to me and I think they do good things for each other. And who wouldn't want to have babies with Sasha?

5. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

I think they definitely spent enough time together where it wasn't out of the blue. I was a little surprised the first time he kind of came on to her but I thought it was great. Was more shocked by Rick and Michonne to be honest. They just seemed like badass buddies rather than lovers but I can't say I don't like that too. Where I love my gore I also like some romance.

6. Austannibal

Austannibal Member

Poor Sasha can't catch a break. :(
    It was heartbreaking to watch.

She's stronger now after losing Bob and Tyreese, so I have confidence that she'll be able to cope better this time. Plus, she won't be walking the road alone this time, she'll have Maggie with her. This was the saddest episode in a while, but I am looking forward to seeing those two ladies bond and help build each other back up.

RIP Sashaham & Glaggie!

7. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

Sasha was so amazing in episode 705. And it turns out she was sick during some of the shooting. Doing work.

8. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

It was nice to see Sasha after her 701 appearance.

And, although I'm not a fan of Maggie, I love their friendship. But, I don't want to see Sasha beholden to her, which is seems to be where that situation is headed.

9. Johnnie Walker

Johnnie Walker Well-Known Member

Star Trek: Discovery*casts*Walking Dead*actress as star — EXCLUSIVE

Sonequa Martin-Green to lead 'Discovery' cast on CBS All Access

BY*JAMES HIBBERD*•*@JAMESHIBBERD

[​IMG]

(Amanda Edwards/WireImage)

Posted December 14 2016 — 5:59 PM EST

Huge news,*Star Trek*fans: The first new*Trek*series in a decade has found its star.*

Sonequa Martin-Green, well known to genre fans from her role on AMC’s mega-hit*The Walking Dead, has been cast as the lead of*Star Trek: Discovery, sources tell EW.*

The casting ends meticulous search to find the ideal actress to anchor the eagerly anticipated new CBS All Access drama. Martin-Green will play a lieutenant commander on the Discovery. (CBS Television Studios had no comment).*

Martin-Green is will continue to serve as a series regular on AMC’s zombie drama, where she has played the tough pragmatic survivor Sasha Williams since season 3.

The casting brings the 31-year-old Martin-Green back to the CBS family. She previously played Courtney Wells on*The Good Wife(which is getting a spin-off series, titled*The Good Fight, on All Access that debuts in February). She also played Tamara on ABC’s*Once Upon a Time.*Martin-Green’s husband, Kenric Green, is also an actor on*TWD.*

Martin-Green represents the first African-American woman to lead the cast of a*Trek*ensemble, fulfilling a years-long goal by the project’s original showrunner Bryan Fuller. The series will also have the TV franchise’s first openly gay character, a lieutenant played by Anthony Rapp.*

“Star Trek*started with a wonderful expression of diversity in its cast … we’re continuing that tradition,” Fuller noted to reporters in August. “We wanted to paint a picture of Starlet that’s indicative of encountering people who are much more different than we are.” While Fuller stepped down from his duties to focus on his upcoming series on Starz,*American Gods, Discovery’s new showrunners Gretchen J. Berg and Aaron Harberts are moving forward with his original vision.*

Another evolution from*Trek*tradition: Unlike the previous series in the franchise, the main protagonist of Discovery won’t be a captain (at least, not initially). Fuller described Martin-Green’s character as a “lieutenant commander with caveats.” “We’ve seen six series from the captain’s point of view,” he explained. “To see a character from a [new] perspective on the starship — one who has different dynamic relationships with a captain, with subordinates, it gave us richer context.”

The casting of Martin-Green fills the most crucial role in the series, which CBS will premiere in May on its All Access streaming service.Discovery*has made a flurry of other castings in recent few weeks too. Michelle Yeoh will play Captain Georgiou, the Starfleet Captain aboard the Starship Shenzhou; Doug Jones (Hellboy,*Falling Skies) will play Lt. Saru, a Starfleet Science Officer and a new alien species in the*Star Trek*universe; and Rapp (Rent,*Road Trip) was cast as Lt. Stamets, an “astromycologist,” fungus expert, and Starfleet Science Officer aboard the Starship Discovery.*

The show also cast three actors as Klingons: Chris Obi (Roots) as T’Kuvma, a leader seeking to unite the Klingon houses; Shazad Latif (Penny Dreadful) who will play Kol, a Klingon Commanding Officer, and protege of T’Kuvma; and the newcomer Mary Chieffo as L’Rell, the Battle Deck Commander of a Klingon ship.*

Trek*is executive produced by Fuller, Berg and Harberts along with Alex Kurtzman, Heather Kadin, Akiva Goldsman, Rod Roddenberry and Trevor Roth.*

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/12/14/star-trek-discovery-walking-dead-sonequa-martin-green

Enviado desde mi Lenovo TB2-X30F mediante Tapatalk

#409 Johnnie Walker, Dec 14, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  10. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

Martin-Green is will continue to serve as a series regular on AMC’s zombie drama

Okay, I can live with that

11. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

That's what they always say :p

My dear Sasha, I feel your days are numbered with this announcement.

12. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Wow good for her - this is a big role. I may even tune in even though I'm not a Trekky ;)

13. kivo1889

kivo1889 Member

Yes; I feel she may have an appointment with a heroic death in the battle for liberation from the Saviours...

14. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I've been thinking for a while that she may take a certain comic death that would work well for her situation. The Star Trek role (even though it's officially stated that she'll be doing both shows - which I'm skeptical about) adds a lot of weight to the idea.

Either way, I'm happy for her. Sonequa's a good actress and I can see her being a really good fit for Star Trek.

15. Tigger

Tigger Active Member

I read that Sasha had her baby today. So happy for her.