Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Sasha's Death

Discussion in 'Episode 510 - Them' started by Phantasm, Feb 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DietWater

DietWater Well-Known Member

Imagine Sasha becomes like Shane. Then after, when she dies, she cracks like a cocoon, and from her body comes Shane, reincarnated in all his butterfly glory.

It could happen.

2. Craven

Craven Member

Sasha is one of my favorite characters on the show. Sasha has been out of it lately, but that's because Bob and Tyreese died. She really doesn't have anyone to lean on anymore. I'm sure that she's going to apologize to Abraham soon for telling him that he's not her friend. I think that Sasha feels alone right now. Give the girl a break man her brother just died.

3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Sadly, this is a statement that could be made with a fair amount of accuracy. And certainly not a phenomenon isolated to this show.

For me, have been a fan of Sasha's since her first scene and remain so - and I cannot wait to see her character's next big change that is (IMO) on the horizon

4. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

She behaved like Tyreese did after Karen died, and Michonne had to set him straight too.

5. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

THAT is why she looked a bit bigger! She is just preparing for her transformation.

[​IMG]

6. Phantasm

Phantasm Member

That Sentence has to be the funniest I have read all month long. ROFLMAO. Yeah, a better shot than an Army RANGER......lol

7. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I can't think of any good examples, either. Carol's actions were premeditated, so even though a lot of viewers disagreed with her, I don't remember reading so many "irrational female" comments.

Tyreese couldn't win for losing. I guess some people didn't like how he was aggressive toward Rick, but many didn't like his pacifist side in season 5, either. I think it was generally understood, though, that if a guy lashes out in anger and frustration after finding out his girlfriend has been murdered, that's an acceptable, understandable reaction.

I actually started to type out a mini rant that may have been thread-worthy, but then my wonky internet went out again and I lost it. And then I figured it was a good thing, because I didn't feel like defending my rant for the next few days. :zombies_lol: I was annoyed by the Sasha bashing -- generally speaking, not just this thread -- and may have been reading more into it than I should. However, I do think there's something in it.

I think it's more socially acceptable for men to lash out in anger/frustration/stress/fear than it is for women. We understand that when a guy does that, he's just getting something off his chest and then he'll likely get over it. But when a woman does it, she's a cray-cray biatch.

Now, I'm not saying the show itself is sexist, because I don't believe that. But I've been thinking about the general fanbase's reaction to certain incidents, for example.

Glenn punches Abraham in "Claimed": Yeah, way to finally man up, Glenn! Never mind the fact that Abe was only trying to prevent him running off and getting himself killed by suggesting he accept the possibility that Maggie might be dead.

Abraham knocks out Eugene in "Self-Help": Yeah, teach that lying sack of shit a lesson!

Rick hallucinates Lori and has a series of meltdowns that cause him to make some bad decisions that affect the group in season 3: This is not cool, but he's gone through so much. Let's cut him some slack.

Daryl has a temper tantrum and gets in Carol's face in a threatening manner in "Triggerfinger": Aww...poor Daryl has a lot of manpain. Carol is such a good, nurturing mother figure for letting him take out his frustrations on her.

Noah breaks down crying and panicking when he finds his friends and family have been slaughtered in "What Happened and What's Going On": That snivelling little bitch had better man up before he gets more people killed!

Sasha breaks formation and attacks some walkers in "Them": Why has she gone crazy? She's a liability and should be kicked out of the group before she gets someone killed. Did you hear that bitchy thing she said to Abraham?

8. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Totally agree. In general, I do not see the show as sexist. Actually it is one of the rare shows that has strong female characters. The women in TWD are not the typical strong women depicted on television. Usually (notice I said usually people, not using absolutes here) when women are portrayed as strong individuals it is also accompanied by them portraying a certain degree of bitchiness (which for some reason writers seem to think this is a woman's go to gear when wanting to exude her strength). I will include that as of the last couple of years I do not watch a great deal of episodic television, maybe the tide has turned and I am out of touch with today's television reality.

I do give TWD credit in that the women of this show are strong for the sake of being strong and are respected by their male character counterparts. I agree with you [MENTION=41032]and138[/MENTION] it is a percentage of the fanbase who seem to be quick to jump on the 'she is such a bitch' or 'she needs to be killed' bandwagon for acting quite similar to the male characters of TWD at one time or another (and I applaud you for giving so many great examples of the male characters exhibiting not so great judgment).

9. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

Entirely agree [MENTION=41032]and138[/MENTION] - great post!!!

10. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I'd like to think the people criticising Sasha would have more compassion and sympathy in real life when their own loved ones are grieving…

11. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

i think people are suggesting that her reckless behavior is what might get her banished. when they were clearing those walkers off the road and throwing them off the side of the overpass, she went out of formation and nearly cost a few people their lives. Rick was almost bit and apparently a lot of people saw Abe get slashed from Sasha's knife. It's loose cannons that cause the downfall of an organized group in an environment like this. EVERYONE has to be on the same page and pulling their own weight and in the right direction.

12. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

It's actually quite interesting that Michonne was trying to get into Ty's and Sashas mind that "Anger makes you stupid" because she was also prone to that when the Governor tried to send Merle and company to kill her and she was so struck on revenge.

13. Tigger

Tigger Active Member

I'm gonna agree with you in large part; anger makes most of them stupid. On the other hand, anger makes Michonne even more cold and cunning. reminds me a lot of my ex, except Michonne doesn't live in a house I bought.

14. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

Ya Michonne can control it perty well.

15. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

I hate Sasha. She thinks it's all about her, and she's always pessimistic. She was dumb for letting Bob knock her out and Ty's death was just a reason for her to go crazy. I'd shoot her in the face or exile her.

Sorry, but I really don't like Sasha and the more story she gets the more I grit my teeth.

16. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

Booooo! :p

I hope she is featured heavily in the rest of the season -- love her!

17. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

Yeah, no. But most of my favorite characters died in the first half of the season so I'm already pissed off.

18. CoyoteTWD

It sucks to lose favorites but new characters are coming so you'll have time to develop new favorites. Don't take all your hate out on my girl Sasha!

19. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

The problem with Tyreese's tirade is that Karen didn't seem to be as much his girlfriend as his crush. It didn't appear to be a mature relationship really, and his reaction sort of came across as not proportional to many. There seems to be more chemistry between Rick and Michonne, and they're not even in a relationship at this stage.

20. CoyoteTWD

I think it was pretty clear that Karen was Tyreese's girlfriend. They hadn't had sex yet but they were emotionally connected. We've seen the Rick/Michonne relationship grow over the course of many episodes whereas we came back from a hiatus to see Tyreese/Karen kissing and neither character was one that the viewers were particularly attached to. So it's not surprising that Rick and Michonne have more chemistry.

Also, I think it is fair to say that Tyreese seems to be an extremely sensitive guy. So, yes, his reaction probably seems extreme to many but I think it fits right in with his character.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.