Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Say some nice things about Laura.

Discussion in 'Episode 405 - Laura' started by Sharpie61, May 12, 2018.

1. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

You know the rules.

2. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

at least it's not another Morgan exclusive episode

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Thanks for setting everything up for us, Sharpie. :)

4. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Quite paced and a beautiful cabin. That’s how I would want to live in the ZA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

Bill’s seems like a well maintained store.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Um.....I liked Morgan's line about not waiting because that's how you lose people. A cool call back.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. g8trdave

g8trdave New Member

I liked this episode a lot because it adds great depth to John and Laura's characters and explains John's big motivation to find her. We still don't know, though, why she's hell bent on leaving John and subsequently the baseball stadium.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Very cool episode. Already liked John a lot, wasn't sure about Naomi, but she got me there.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Lindigo

I just loved the feel of the entire episode. I am officially madly in love with John Dorie. What on earth is going on that compels Laura to leave him???? She loves him.

At the very end when John spun both guns, I made some primal yelp of happiness. That was GORGEOUS!!!!!!!

The fish alarm clock is hilarious. Why does anyone want to be wakened by an alarm clock after the apocalypse, though?

When the Scrabble tiles came up I thought, Splat. It was fun to hear John mull over the whole range of possibilities. The sign out sheet for all of the rental movies. All of the noises for taking apart and cleaning the guns. The close ups of the engravings. The yellow glow of the lighting in the cabin with pools of darkness, like the glow from a campfire. So many wonderful quiet details.

What a great show.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

John's such a sweet soul. He's too good for this world.

Actually like Naomi a lot, too. Hopefully no more standalone episodes this season, though.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Was a little skeptical coming into this one because I normally don't like bottle episodes but this one worked for me. It was very well written and both Dillahunt and Elfman did a great job in their roles. This series is really drawing me in.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Laura/Naomi has lost a great deal in the apocalypse and now she pushes away from people when she gets close to them because she doesn't want to experience loss again.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I enjoyed this episode so much. Sometimes it’s nice to slow down and have a more quiet setting where someone might hole up during an apocalypse. John’s little cabin almost gives the illusion that things are kinda normal and safe, until the walkers wash up to remind us where he’s at.

I liked John pretty much right away in episode 1 but after this episode I feel like spelling I love you in scrabble tiles too :p. He’s such a good guy. I’m curious to see how he’ll change now that he’s out in the world. I enjoyed him and Morgan’s talk...love those two paired up.

Also I am really liking Naomi/Laura now too...I didn’t feel strongly either way before so I’m glad we got to know her more in this episode.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

She was a quick study when it came to gutting a fish

15. Lindigo

I know that's what she said, but I don't think anyone could resist John. He is so easy going, she would know she could leave--and he would help her leave. That should calm her jitters down.

I think she left because of whatever business she was in a rush to attend to, and when he finds her again she will stay put. I still don't think she died.

She wasn't trying to leave the stadium, so she must have already done whatever it was she needed to do.

I loved how Yvette Nicole Brown was holding up her hand to physically protect herself from looking into Jenna's face last night on Talking Dead, because she was afraid she would be able to ask a question and read the answer on Jenna's face. :D

16. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

This is me 100%. I usually hate the bottle episodes, but I thoroughly enjoyed this one! I hope both of these characters stick around.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Damn, I must be a cold ass bitch because John Dorie gets on my last nerve. The character himself is okay but what grates on my nerves is the mumbling. Thank god for closed captioning!

BUT I do like Naomi/Laura - Jenna Elfman was awesome in last nights episode and I am banking on her so called "death" to simply be a red herring

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

She did almost take off on Alicia though when they were on their run to the water park...and she ended up staying. She may have left her running shoes with John but she still had them on...figuratively. :p

I watched TTD last night too and i'm glad i did...having just Jenna and Yvette made it a very engaging episode. Jenna had a lot of good insight, and Yvette is always delightful because she's such a genuine fan of the show.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Lindigo

Good point. I forgot Naomi tried to skedaddle. She didn't have that panicked urgency, though. I think this time she wanted to go just because she had the intuition the stadium wasn't safe.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

One thing I like the most about John is how low key he is. He's not only an ex cop, but seems to have an additional skill set with guns and doesn't feel the need to come in guns blazing all the time. Of course that wasn't going to last in this world...but I liked that about him.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1