Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Say some nice things about Laura.

Discussion in 'Episode 405 - Laura' started by Sharpie61, May 12, 2018.

1. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I always have to watch TWD with closed captioning, so it's just part of my routine to turn it on, even for Fear, so the drawl isn't a problem for me. This time, though I didn't have it on from the start so I was completely thrown by Dorie's random words. On with closed captioning, rewind, and I see he is playing mental Scrabble. lol

2. Lindigo

I cannot seem to retain the name of Hogwarts Gulch, but that is such a cool background for John.

3. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

I thought the episode was pretty well done. Seems very very reminiscent of the Morgan bottle episode where he met Eastman, but I think this was done a lot better IMO. I really like John Dorie's character. He is someone that I would easily gravitate IRL.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

LOL I just had to google it because I couldn't remember either:

I used to work at Humbug Gulch on weekends.
    Is that for, like, pizza or something? No! It's like trick shootin' and lassoin' for the kids and discerning adults.
    You might know it more as Wild West shows.
    It was just something I did for fun.
    ( clears throat ) You know, you are welcome to stay here as long as you need, Laura.
    I'll be moving on as soon as I can.
    OK.

Read more: https://www.springfieldspringfield....how=fear-the-walking-dead-2015&episode=s04e05

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

and it turns out there is a place called Humbug Gulch, but its not a business, its just a valley in New Mexico

.[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

The person who named it must have been grouchy that day!

7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

People were trying to get him to enjoy christmas.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Easily the best romance story done so far in the Walking Dead universe. And like others have said had a lot of similarities to the Morgan bottle episode from season 6 but was done a lot better.

These new showrunners a hi to allre absolutely killing it.

Oh and after this episode I fully expect Laura/Naomi to be alive and for John and her to be reunited.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

They really needed this episode too in order to cement John and Laura/Naomi's connection. Prior to this I really couldn't even see those two as a couple, and now it's done a 180 for me.

I like the desolate feel that this season has. It's similar to seasons 1-2 of TWD and that's about the right fit for the world the series is in. It's also reminding me a little bit of this post apocalyptic novel series called "The Scattered and the Dead."

• Like Like x 1
  10. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm confident now that Laura/Naomi is alive. I was a little on the fence before. It might push the odds up a bit that Madison is dead now though, but I still think they both survived.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Did she say that she lost her child? I like these two!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lindigo

Yes, she did. That's why she understood when John said he moved to the cabin because people called him a hero.

She knows if something ghastly has happened, it doesn't matter how many people tell you it's not your fault, if you don't believe it yourself.

These two are the best! Right now they are the split up version of Rick and Ilsa at the end of Casablanca. But unlike Rick and Ilsa, our two are going to find their way back to each other.

As John and Morgan walked away from us at the end of "Laura," did you feel the visual reference to "Casablanca?" I melted.

I think we were supposed to notice and enjoy the movie references, such as the privacy curtain from "It Happened One Night."

"Laura" was a famous film noir where the beautiful but dead Laura's murder was being investigated, but ... wait for it ... SHE WASN'T DEAD AFTER ALL!!!! :):):):)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Lindigo

14. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Thats cool! From the look of the trailer for next episode it looks like Laura is stuck inside the arena! Cause it looks like she is alone inside it with bunch of walkers around and in it! So I think you're right!

My movie knowledge is not as big as yours but thats some neat references!

15. Lindigo

The privacy curtain made me giggle immediately, and then Jenna Elfman said on Talking Dead that she loved that because her absolutely favorite movie ever is "It Happened one Night."

Well, mine is Casablanca. :D

• Like Like x 1
  16. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Just wanted to emphasized how I loved that post. It went under my nose, very neat.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Good stuff :D

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Maybe it's just my imagination, and because I've seen this movie so many times...but the scene when John tells her he loves her, they sleep together, and then he wakes up to find her gone put me to mind of Forrest and Jenny. She comes back into Forrest's life for a bit, they have a good time, she buys him running shoes, he asks her to marry him, they sleep together, and then the next morning she's gone.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Lindigo

I only saw it once, but I like your idea. I described part of their forlorn romance to my Dad and almost made him cry. Yikes.

Did you hear John's involuntary moan when he glanced down at the table and saw the Scrabble tiles? OMG. :(:(:(:(

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Yes :( He's one of those people that you only want to see happy. Also when I was re-watching and they recapped Luciana saying "things went bad...she didn't make it out..." his face... :(

• Friendly Friendly x 1