Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

SCAMS

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by X-HUNTER, Sep 3, 2020.

1. X-HUNTER

X-HUNTER Well-Known Member

Once upon a time, I am sure some of us have received a letter from someone in an African country saying they inherit billions of dollars from a relative and needs our help to get it out of the country, normally we would roll our eyes and delete it. These days the scams are hitting closer to home. A colleague of mine met someone on the internet, and they have been chatting for a while, his wife is dead, he has two children and works overseas. Of course, pictures were exchanged, it been on for over a couple of months or so, and she is hooked especially since she has also been chatting to his children. Mind you, there has been no video chat, only telephone calls and messages. Lo and behold someone phoned her and said he has been injured offshore and since she is his partner if she can transfer money for his medical expenses. WTF!! My colleague said she has since then blocked him and wants no more communication but still, these predators are getting bolder and bolder.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Aw man, that sucks for her. :( :mad:

3. X-HUNTER

X-HUNTER Well-Known Member

4. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I got the “grandson” call once. I had a bit of fun at his expense, as I don’t have any grandchildren yet.

The truth is out there