Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

"Scenes from the next few weeks"

Discussion in 'Episode 705 - Go Getters' started by Ania, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Ania

Ania Member

Is there no new episode next week? Why would they say that instead of the usual "scenes from next week's walking dead?"

2. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

There should be an episode next week. Maybe they didn't do a promo because they didn't want to spoil too much of Tara & Heath's story? Idk. End of episode 5 also like ended all the introductions of each storyline: Kingdom (7x02), Saviors/Sanctuary (7x03), Alexandria crew (7x04) and now Hilltop (7x05) so maybe the promo was a preview for the rest of the season. We saw too many things happening for it to be contained in one episode such as

3. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I think there will be an episode next week. I don't recall them skipping weeks to show new episodes. They usually show the whole half until the mid-season break. If I remember correctly, after the the S7 premier episode, they showed scenes from the season and not the necessarily the second episode. That may be something they may do from time to time.

4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I think the AMC execs in charge of advertising knew that the general audience would not be as excited for a Tara bottle episode as they would seeing scenes at the Saviors compound and ASZ. I wouldn't be surprised if they did that to avoid a ratings drop for 706. They pay people good money to think of things like this.

5. OaklandBorn

OaklandBorn Member

Probably didn't want to show too much from next weeks episode or maybe the episode is a boring bottle episode and they want ratings

6. BlackLightning

I'm sorry but who's Gary?

Laura, on the other hand, is familiar. But I can't remember where I've seen her.

7. TROR

TROR Member

Makes sense. They did the same with the Carol and Morgan episode preview.

8. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I've been critical of the bottle episodes in past seasons, but so far this year it hasn't been bad. I'd even go so far as to say that it's worked.

But if we have a bottle episode that just involves Tara next week, then that's ridiculous.

9. Glenn's Deuce

Glenn's Deuce Member

Yep. 706 is being projected as the worst episode in the history of the Walking Dead tv series.

10. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I've never been one to complain about bottle episodes, and I like Tara but even I'm a little "meh" about this one. I'm hoping it will be surprisingly amazing.

11. Znuts

Znuts Member

I seriously hope it's not a full hour of just Tara. I don't like these bottle episodes. They just turn into the same thing over and over, people getting on their soap box saying the same positive sentiments that all the other cast members have been saying the past 6 seasons while staring into the face of evil. It was great the first few seasons, but has become so formulaic that I just watch them because it's the next episode and not because I actually care. I don't see why they can't do half of an episode as the bottle part of the episode. If they spent the first 30 mins next episode just on Tara and then the last half hour they opened it back up to the main story line, I think that would be easier to take. The one positive about a bottle episode, is that i'm pretty sure none of them can be as bad as Morgan's a season or two back.

12. deadcpa

deadcpa Member

Tara = Boring

13. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

An episode with Alanna Masterson interacting with yet another new community could be entertaining, especially if that community has its own set of quirks.

14. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Actually you have a good point, and I was thinking about it earlier. I love how so far Alexandria has 2 people each at the Kingdom and the Hilltop. If Tara & Heath are about to introduce yet another community it could make for a very satisfying finale when they all join together in a huge mass to defeat Negan.

15. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

TTD has scenes from next week's episode. Looks interestingly different. You can probably see it on amctv.com if you want.

16. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

The problem with a new community at this stage is that we already have enough to cover. Coming into this season I wondered how they'd be able to cover Alexandria, the Sanctuary, Hilltop and the Kingdom. Now if they add another one into the mix it's just too much, particularly with the way they narrow the scope of each episode. On Game of Thrones they jump around from place to place within the course of the hour but TWD rarely does that. Then you have characters on the back burner and stories that have been left to wilt. As it is, it's already starting to feel as if we've been away from the Kingdom for too long.

17. Heriot of Fire

I remain positive. Some bottle episodes (hate that term) of the past are among the great moments of the show.

18. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Agree, except for Morgan's 90 minute bore.

19. Heriot of Fire

No. That's one brilliant episode and definitely the highlight of Season 6.

20. LolaDemented

LolaDemented Active Member

I don't mind the bottle episodes. I think it helps you understand the character a bit more and see why they act as they do.