Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

School Scenario

Discussion in 'Zombie Survival' started by Pyrexx1850, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Pyrexx1850

Pyrexx1850 New Member

Recently I was thinking of multiple Scenarios I could find myself in during a ZA. One of them being, a school. I've already got a little plan formulated for what i'd do in the case of a ZA during school hours. So, I want to know what you guys would do if you were stuck in a school when shit hits the fan. Do you have a plan to survive and escape?

Here's my plan:
    I go to a school that has an art center a little ways away from the main building. It has huge steel gates that lock at night so nobody can enter the art center and steal shit. So, i'd probably end up heading there, finding something to lock the gates and then enacting the rest of my plan. I'd probably hide out there for a while, until things sorta calmed down, maybe a few hours at most. At least until the school was evacuated. Afterwards, i'd go to the cafeteria and grab anything I could. I know it isn't the best, but with what the current situation would be, it's the best I can do. There are multiple places around my school that have manhole covers to the sewers. Assuming I would be able to get one of them open and safely climb down, I could probably travel through the city nearly undetected by anyone. As long as I mapped out where I was going.

So, what would your plan be?

2. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I've had thoughts like this in pretty much every building I find myself in :zombies_lol:.

3. Cbcw76

Cbcw76 Member

In a city, it might be wise to locate in the tallest building around so you could look down on all other activity, thereby receive some warning of movements.

Then again, if there are helo's about, "tallest roof" becomes the most obvious and repeated landing pad. If you don't want visitors, maybe the 2nd tallest building would do.

I still think the 1985 version of American shopping malls was terrific with their Hickory Farms and food courts.

4. Beccaday02

Beccaday02 New Member

Love your idea of using the sewers to navigate. If you had it properly mapped out you could use them to get to shops for supplies and then make your way back to your safe locked up abode. And it sure would be more aesthetically pleasing than a prison. I think I'm going to steal your idea if there's ever a ZA lol!

5. Zombiekaaner

Zombiekaaner Member

The very last place you would want to be, in the Zombie Apocalypse or otherwise would be the sewer. Its literally suicide. First of all - you would contract and die from any number of horrible diseases. Surviving the zombies to die of Hepatitis or Dysentery isn't a win. There are all kinds of "sharps" down there to poke, prod, and cut you. There is also every disease the city can muster, plus some zoonotic illnesses that are resident in the huge rodent population. Remember - anything that goes down a drain ends up in there - including the body fluids of all the sick people in the city.. Then you have chemical contaminants - including things you wouldn't want to mix. Drain cleaners, bleach, lime scale remover, etc... Plus there is "bad air" - hypoxic environments, methane, excess CO or CO2, etc. Ever notice that the guys who work in manholes have a blower hose going into the manhole, and they carry a gas meter? Sanitary sewers would be a death trap for someone not properly trained, and wearing full PPE, and having a topside team to support them...

Storm sewers wouldn't be much better, but they carry the added risks of whatever washes into them from the street - like gasoline and oil, and whatever wildlife finds its way in there to dine on the tasty rats like venomous snakes, large turtles, alligators, fire ants, nightmare spiders from hell, etc. In a storm sewer you also have a constant risk of drowning. It may be blue skies and sunshine when you go in but a thunderstorm on the other side of the city may have just dropped 5" of rain. Unbeknownst to you - in about 20 minutes that dry pipe your standing in will be inundated with a six foot high wall of water traveling 30 miles an hour....

#5 Zombiekaaner, May 22, 2016
    Last edited: May 22, 2016
  6. Lian

Lian Member

Hehe.
    Yeah I had some of those thoughts too....