Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Black Ops 2 Multiplayer Score Per Minute / KD / Camping

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2' started by UoG, Nov 20, 2012.

1. CVHOOZ 23

CVHOOZ 23 Member

As some have mentioned SPM can be heavily influenced by situation. If you play in a party add about 100-150 to your SPM. I play harpoint and am sitting at 410 right now. From what I have seen that is good considering i play elusively solo. I have run into some 500-700 SPM guys and you better believe they are running in groups all the time. I did run into one guy i played with for a few matches who was at 570 and he was running solo, impressive! anything over 450 i would consider elite, and remember to keep the group adjustment in mind. Group score would be 550-600+.

K/D is worthless unless you play TDM or Kill Confirmed.

In my humble opinion, SPM reigns as the best gauge of a players worth. Not necessarily skill, but importance. A defensive L33t guy may win 9/10 gun fights when pitted against you but he isn't helping his team. The guy with the higher SPM who doesn't care about his K/D, who constantly rushes the objective is way more valuable then the k/d conscience human garbage going 52-12 in 3rd place. Congrats you tw*t! your K/D does look pretty cool down there in 3rd place 5th overall

2. Grimmjow

Grimmjow New Member

My SPM is around 340 iirc.

My K/D though is 1.

3. BOOSTkv87

BOOSTkv87 Member

My k/d is currently a 1.2 SPM 240. And I never camp, mustly play the objective. Average kills are around 15-20 per game. Any suggestions on how to raise my SPM? Use higher or lower score streaks?

4. Grimmjow

Grimmjow New Member

Use UAV, Counter-Uav, Guardian, with the Emp Grenade on Hardpoint. The amount of UAV/C-UAV/Guardian assists and suppresses alongside the EMP Grenade destroying enemy equipment, you get a bunch of points fast. Not to mention Hardpoint acquiring and killing while you capture it is also helping you get those killstreaks fast.

5. PSIII

PSIII The Real West Don. (Super Moderator)
    Staff Member

I don't remember my SPM from my Combat Record, but from checking lobby leaderboards, it seems 400 is the number to go for.

6. deebo

deebo Member

403 score per min, 1.83 k/d only use silenced smgs.. Running stealth chopper, warthog, lodestar as streaks. The

7. Wordup

Wordup Well-Known Member

K/D = valuable for TDM
    SPM = valuable for pretty much every other game mode.

For TDM, I would rather have someone that goes 5-1 every game than someone who consistently goes 25-25. The 25-25 guy gets a lot of points, but hurts the team far worse than the 5-1 guy.

8. Assipopalis

Assipopalis New Member

I personally don't believe all factors define a good player a high spm can jušt mean someone's running around with a smg hipfiring everywhere, same with w/l u could be a good player with bad luck simply on a loosing team I believe the k/d is key with spm takin into consideration it will allow people to know if ur a camper or just a consistant player

9. qCODGENIUSp

qCODGENIUSp Member

My K/D is at 1.47 but that's because I die a lot. K/D has really diminished it's value in this game because 1. The matchmaking system has you up against tougher players, 2. It's harder to get the high SS consistently where it was easy in BO1. 3. No Hardcore Headquarters :( You will only ever be successful in this game if you play the objective to best of your ability.

My SPM is high (compared to my friends list) at 408 right now because I do a pretty good job capping and a really great job of defending. I don't consciously defend the objective it's just where the enemy is so my defends rack up lol. From what I've seen a player will probably be a decent help to your team if his SPM is 300+ so I guess I'll estimate the benchmark at 300.

Camping has no place in this game, and it really annoys me when I have to go out of way and waste time to kill them.

10. Assipopalis

Assipopalis New Member

Camping is apart of the game, the game depicts warfare it has the same place and run and gunning with. An smg I hate getting sniped by a guy from a building about as much as getting killed a a guy running around hip firing with smgs but they are both tactics and that's what makes the game good, the diversity, think about how boring the game would get if everyone did the same thing

11. qCODGENIUSp

qCODGENIUSp Member

Well it's only a part of the game because so many people do it. I have argued before that camping is not a legitimate tactic. Also running and gunning and sniping are not tactics they are playstyles.

Regular playstlyes like sniping etc. can easily be adjusted to (except quickscoping which is stupid but that's another argument) and can be beaten by other playstyles. Campers are like mines hidden underground that if you're not careful they'll explode. Sometimes you can avoid them but most times you have to take the time to dig them up and continue on. The reason I don't like getting killed by a camper as opposed to a run 'n gunner is the fact that campers slow down my pace. It's easy to kill a regular guy and just move on but campers usually make me have to turn a different way or if they kill me I have to go back and get them because they are usually camping a route somewhere. I also consider staring down an objective but not capturing it camping. Camping is also 0% efficient because:

1. Kills are always low.
    2. You can't effectively play the objective
    3. You must remain away from the active battle to be safe.
    4. You are in most cases stationary
    5. There are limited places TO camp
    6. The enemy quickly locates your position
    7. You have to stay off the UAV to remain effective.

I could probably think of more but you get the point.

12. MelloFellowSU

MelloFellowSU Member

Of course camping is a "legitimate" tactic, whatever that means. As long as people headglitch, quickscope, or do any other cheap tactic in this game, camping is fair game. There are campers out there that are very prolific and can get 20+ kills consistently. I've been killed by them.

Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean it's not an acceptable way to play the game. Obviously it is otherwise the developers would implement measures to make it very difficult or impossible. They could take quickscoping and headglitching out, but they don't, so it has to be accepted as well.

13. DeCePtEgRa

DeCePtEgRa Member

A camper is a player who doesn't even move his gun in kill cams , doesn't even move after he kills you and if you go back same way he just kills you again. I have ran all the way around the other way if possible to back stab them then they just find a new camp site. The ones that find the corners of rooms and do the same thing and or move to a diff corner in same rooms are also campers.

Team camp match
    campination
    camp confirm
    camp and destroy

and so on and so on welcome to camp ops

14. Captain Price

Captain Price Well-Known Member

My SPM is 298, K/D is 1.31 and my W/L is something awful, like 0.48 or something.

I do rage-quit and leave laggy games though, so that contributes to it. If I actually find a good connection lobby and stick around, I'll win more games than I lose.

15. Imanob

Imanob New Member

Well my SPM is about 500, KD 2.1, Win/loss 3. I don't camp :/

16. Wordup

Wordup Well-Known Member

Do you play by yourself or with clan/party?

17. TGNM Tipsy XxELITExX

SPM is all that counts.

I'm biased as to what's a decent SPM cus my clan holds the highest average of any heavyweight (51-100 members) in ELITE. We're currently well over 560spm with 80 members. That being said, high 400's is a solid starting point.

As to the whole K/D and SPM discussion, this is one of the best things about Black Ops - it was ALWAYS all about the Score Per Minute category. Even in the first Black Ops, my friends and I could tell if the other team were actually gonna post a challenge or not... basing on their SPM. The higher it is for the other team, the better the chances for a competitive game. On the other hand, you could IMMEDIATELY TELL if the other squad was gonna waste your time by making you hunt them out of corners. It's easy cus their K/D is respectfully high (2.0+), but their SPM is MUCHHHH lower than even an above average team. Which, in Black Ops 2, would be about close to 500 and above.

18. 2_Wycked

2_Wycked Member

I agree with this to a degree. There are a lot of unknown variables that can influence your stats, but I still think stats as a whole (not just SPM or K/D by themselves) can give you a rough idea of how good someone is.

I think similarly to this, but anything less than a 1.3 is pretty normal. 1.4 - 1.7 is better than average, anything higher is pretty damn good. IMO.

19. TGNM Tipsy XxELITExX

Bravo CVHOOZ

Not necessarily true. Because, as you've said...

And...

But yeah, your description of the vitality of the SPM category is as point as I've seen.

20. KillerKING10

KillerKING10 Member

I currently have a 2.98 KD (should be to 3 by this weekend!), which I assume most people consider to be extremely high. However, I could care less what my KD is... SPM is all that matters. I currently have a 534 SPM and I will brag about it all day ;)

IMO any SPM above 500 is a true sign of a good player. It shows that not only do you have extremely high gun skill, but you are also always on the move, reading the enemy spawns, and playing the objective simultaneously. There is no way for a bad player to have a 500+ SPM, while there are tons of terrible players who can camp theirs to a 3 KD. If I ever see another person with a 500+ SPM on the other team, I usually back out before the game starts because I know I might get my ass whooped.

Just my 0.02.