Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Screw Them

Discussion in 'Episode 813 - Do Not Send Us Astray' started by Weallgotit, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

So if you were one of the prisoner Saviors and you heard what Simon said, would you go scurrying back to Sanctuary? Alton sure didn't now that he knows he's an expendable henchman to the Saviors. But can he be trusted to join the group now?

#1 Weallgotit, Mar 25, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  2. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I'd like to say Alton has earned trust, but I'm worried he's going to be another one of Gimple's character shakeups, and attempt to kill Maggie and take over Hilltop.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Yes, I think he's one of the more realistic characters. He isn't a bad guy by nature, it's just that the saviors were the group that found him and gave him a home. So he became one of them. But he's really a good guy and would rather be with the hilltop .

• Agree Agree x 7
  4. blundig

blundig Member

Not enough food to allow anyone in, or allow anyone to live, if there is any reasonable degree of suspicion about them. Taking prisoners to begin with was absurd.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

Jared especially would have been gone a longggggg time ago... he’s a cancer to the group and isn’t interested in peace or reform... get rid of him...

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. blundig

blundig Member

Definitely.

7. blundig

blundig Member

They are definitely building up Alton as a good guy with that wide-eyed soft weak face. So it would be a good swerve if he turned out to be a bad guy.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

But that's sort of been done before. Dean, most recently. I like the idea that a savior can just be a regular guy who got caught up in the wrong group. That's sort of been the theme of this arc. Even referenced by Tara.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Alton is currently getting the storyline Gavin should've had, as he was reasonable with King Ezekiel. Of course, Gimple flipped the character and made Gavin try to enforce Negan's law on the Kingdom, so Henry killed him. It wouldn't surprise me if Alton does something similar in the season finale.

#9 Rapscallion, Mar 25, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  10. blundig

blundig Member

Imaginative call

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree. I gotta think that not all of the Saviors were sadistic gang bangers and criminals before the ZA. He doesn't seem to view Maggie and the others as his enemies. And he doesn't seem to want to be a part of the Saviors. After hearing Simon, that was it for him.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

In my opinion Alton is even more redeemable than Dwight - he’s been cooperative from the second they were captured. He told his group to surrender, he stopped them from trying to run when they were chained together, etc. He’s been nothing but cooperative, and he chose to stay when others left. I’d be very surprised if he was some kind of con man, but I guess you never know. It’s good that Maggie is being cautious and not believing every word - but I believe him up to this point.

Like Sebrec said, I think it’s very realistic to have saviors who got themself caught up in a bad group but would change their situation if they could. It’s what Tara and Daryl’s conversation was about when he said Merle would have ended up in the saviors if they hadn’t found Rick’s group.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  13. blundig

blundig Member

You're probably right, but do they need more people in the group?

14. Sully

Sully Active Member

I think Alton could potentially be a guy to take over for the Saviors after the time jump if Dwight or Sherry aren't the ones to to do it.

I'm assuming Simom and maybe Arat will be dead.

15. jiggeryqua

jiggeryqua Active Member

They do now. I thought it was a little too neat, that we lose one minor character and some extras, but get to replace them with one minor character and some extras....

16. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

When you’re trying to survive and a group takes you in, especially one as large and well equipped as the Saviors, it’s only natural to stay there and try to make it work (walls, food, weapons)... I’m sure there are a number of Saviors that are redeemable

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

It would honestly have made so much more sense if it was Gavin in Altons role. Alton could be a road kill for all we care. He means nothing, Gavin had weight, we seen him before, he been the least prone to go nuts Lieutenant. Retard kid (why are they almost always like this?) could have killed Alton or something instead, or just not been in the show. I find him super lame and the same old "Kid is dumb, kid do dumb shit, kid causes death or mayhem by indirect actions, kid do more dumb shit and disappears". Also as if he could hide a rifle as long as he is tall in this smack full Hilltop.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Don't forget though that this attack was at Simons hand too.

negan was supposed to be there and it was planned for him to be and maybe he would have reacted differently to Maggies approach about killing negans Resources something which Simon does not seem to grasp.

Also we just don't know it yet but Alton is really Glenns second cousin on his Fathers Side.....Alton Rhee,he just doesn't look Chinese,I mean Korean.........Whatever.

19. IThinkHesGay

IThinkHesGay Member

You probably shouldn't use the word retard like that. You never know who might read your post and take offense, and there are so many words that you could use instead that don't have the potential to be hurtful :p

20. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Okay, no worry, they are DUMB ****S. Happy?