Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

SDCC 2019

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Television Series' started by Dnae, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Beyond the convention’s panel programming, AMC will host DeadQuarters (at 4th Avenue and L Street), the “official fan zone” of The Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead. This year’s edition will feature a curated walk through of settings (including “Winter Escape” from the Season 9 finale of The Walking Dead) as well as an elaborate treehouse and plane crash site inspired by Season 5 of Fear the Walking Dead. Video game demos and previews will also be on site. DeadQuarters will be open to the public July 18-20, 11 AM-6:30 PM and July 21 from 11 AM-4 PM.

2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

As of Tuesday July 2, 2019 there are 17 days until The Walking Dead panel and season 10 trailer!!!!
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Laurieellen

Laurieellen Well-Known Member

We are so close!!!

4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Less than 2 weeks ...... wooohoooooo

5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

11 Days!!!

[​IMG]

6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

On the eve of our 10th day until the season 10 TWD panel at SDCC and the season 10 TWD trailer I offer up a few musings I had on my drive home from work today....

I have been suffering through season 5 of FTWD and a few things occurred to me:

Novices, at best, repairing/rebuilding an airplane, gliding off in a hot air balloon....and there were those who thought having a pet tiger in the ZA was far fetched!!

I miss having Rick on TWD. My heart hurts when I think about Jesus and what could have been. I offer up a deep sigh when I think of my girl Sasha. Not once has a death on Fear given me these types of emotions. Oh sure I was shocked at Nick's death, but I was over it almost as quickly as I was shocked. The losses on TWD linger with me for quite some time.

I feel no sense of urgency with FTWD.

I would have followed Rick to the ends of the earth. I came to believe that Rick as a character cared deeply for all those he considered his family, for those he was charged with protecting. They were his mission. His purpose. And not only Rick but other key characters in TWD held that same philosophy. In FTWD the closest we have come to that type of protagonist is Madison, but in my opinion her mission was to protect Nick and Alicia. If someone just happened to be circling that universe then they were just lucky.

I have this small poster that I brought to Walker Stalker and it is made up of quotes from the series. Lines that we all know and remember. TWD is chock full of those types of lines. I cannot think of one line from FTWD that is memorable

Speaking of memorable, a Rick speech, his call to arms - always inspiring. No one inspires on Fear. Oh they tried this last episode with a Morgan speech and then an Alicia speech but they lack the Rick Grimes/Andrew Lincoln touch

Feel free to share your own thoughts

@Sebrebc @92Pony @NakedCity @PepperAnn @Laurieellen @lastcat3 @KiernansFaerie @Sharpie61 @Neuropyramidal @Lindigo @DragonRacer @Tigger @naossano @VenomGA @mistertrouble189

7. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

10 Days until the 10th season of the series arrives to SDCC to premier the season 10 trailer

So today I thought I would share a call back to season 1 2010 SDCC panel

The actors begin around the 4:50 mark

They were all such babies! Andrew Lincoln looks like a deer caught in head lights when he first addresses the crowd.

8. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Interview with Cast 2010 (season 1) SDCC outside of the panel

9. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Andy, Jon and Sarah interview SDCC 2010 season 1
    Part 1

10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Part 2

Part 3

11. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Nick is the only one that did that for me on Fear. I still feel the loss of him.

Well and maybe Chris. Just kidding.

12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Panelists update:

Cooper Andrews/Jerry has been added to the panel

@PepperAnn this means there is still hope that Samantha Morton could be added
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I am surprised that neither Ross nor Khary is scheduled for the panel

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. PepperAnn

It's gettin close!

15. Laurieellen

Laurieellen Well-Known Member

9 days ladies!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

8 days until we get our trailer

Until then taking a trip back to SDCC 2011 for season 2 of TWD

Glenn.....sweet sweet Glenn

17. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Season 2 Panel

*I opted to omit the 1st video since it was just the execs yammering on and on

18. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Season 2 panel (con't)

19. PepperAnn

Dear Lord,

Samantha Morton please?

Amen.

20. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Ms Kang gives an interview with a bit of information about what to expect in season 10. She actually lays a pretty solid foundation as to what the direction of the season will be. I do so appreciate her ability to speak using words rather than trying to turn hieroglyphic art into a pile of jibber jabber (you know who I'm looking at!)
    [​IMG]

Anywho.....a link to the article.....
    https://ew.com/comic-con/2019/07/15/walking-dead-season-10-angela-kang-whisperers/

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Let’s start with the basics in terms of time frame. When are we picking up with season 10? We left with a huge snowstorm. How much time are we looking at in terms of passing between seasons 9 and 10?
    ANGELA KANG: We’re passing a few months, probably. I feel like we mark time on the show based on the children. So we saw Rosita pretty heavily pregnant at the end of last year, and I’ll say that that state has changed. A little time has passed. They’ve been living with some of the Whisperers’ rules, and we’ll see that some things have changed and some people have done some unexpected things in the time that has passed to deal with the trauma at the end of last season.

Is there anything in terms of the look and feel, or just thematically, that you guys are going for in season 10?
    Yeah, one of the great things from the comic book that we got really excited about, there’s this idea of propaganda and paranoia, and this idea of “silence the Whisperers,” which Robert Kirkman played really well. So there’s definitely a feeling as our group gets into this conflict that keeps building between the Whisperers that’s very different from how the Saviors war played out, where there’s just elements of paranoia but kind of a Cold War feel.

There’s a lot of *brinkmanship and things like that, because the Whisperers are so different. Alpha pulled her big move on our people by being in disguise and sneaking around in the middle of a fair. It’s just open for all to see, and somehow nabbing these people. That’s a very different way of operating than any of the other people that they’ve had to deal with, really. So we’ve been having a lot of fun playing with that feel for the season.
    (My new word of the day! Brinkmanship is the practice of trying to achieve an advantageous outcome by pushing dangerous events to the brink of active conflict.)

And how do the allies respond to that?
    We’re dealing with a lot of things also to do with people’s trauma, and the idea of what is real or not real. Things having to do with illusion, or just memory breaking, PTSD. So there’s a lot of stuff that we’re doing that’s pretty unique to the feel of this season. We’re also having a lot of fun with the fact that the last time our people were in a war, it was automatic weapons and gunfire, but we’re just not really in that period of time anymore. So we’re working on some battle stuff that is unlike anything we’ve done on the show, which I’m super-excited about. [Director and executive producer Greg Nicotero] has been in rehearsals for some stuff we’re about to shoot that I think is pretty cool. That’s some of the stuff that look-wise, feel-wise is unique to the start of season 10.

You mentioned the Whisperers, who obviously passed that ultimatum about not passing through their land in a very emphatic fashion. What can you say about them specifically in season 10?
    We’ll be telling more of their side of the story in season 10. We will get some interesting backstory, and some more insight into some more characters within that group. We will learn more about Alpha and Beta. They’ve got their own problems, too, within their group, so there will be some interesting back-and-forth between our two groups as they deal with this conflict at the border.

Obviously, we know that our people have crossed the border before. The border continues to be an issue, and as with borders in our world and in life, what is a border? It’s something where one group has said, “Hey, this is the border. Don’t cross.” Our people are dealing with, “Do we live with that? Can we live with that? What does that mean?” When they crossed the border at the end of last season, they discovered that the Whisperers weren’t there, or at least they think they’re not.

But there are some pretty strange and interesting things that happen around that story having to do with those lines, and whether you can cross them, and what happens when you’re caught. And of course, Samantha Morton as Alpha, and Ryan Hurst as Beta — they are so great. We love them as people, and as performers I think they bring so much to those roles. So I’m really, really excited for the audience to see what they’re bringing to this season because there’s much more to explore with them.

@Neuropyramidal @Laurieellen @mistertrouble189 @tink @Lindigo @Sebrebc @GregsGirl @Sharpie61 @92Pony @VenomGA @Terminator @KiernansFaerie @WillyJakkz @GrungeMan @NakedCity @PepperAnn @HonestAbe @Daryl Rocks @Gaycandybacon @BatmansHooker @lastcat3 @Tigger @DragonRacer @naossano @Marc @Rapscallion

And the ever elusive @Jen7
    [​IMG]

#40 Dnae, Jul 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2