Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

SDCC 2019

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Television Series' started by Dnae, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Daryl's comforting Lydia because she just turned eighteen-years-old. And we all know what that means. :(

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Rapscallion

Rick to Coral: "Stay in the house!"

Michonne to Judith: "Let's kill some walkers!"

• Like Like x 1
  3. KiernansFaerie

KiernansFaerie Active Member

Thank you @Dnae for all the great pics and info!
    I like the idea of Magna leading Hilltop, but I like the idea of Yumiko being the leader more.
    I kept stopping and going back to the shot with Carol and what really appears to be Henry in the background. Hmm.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

6 Things We Lost Our Heads Over the Season 10 Trailer
    https://tvline.com/2019/07/21/the-walking-dead-carol-alpha-daryl-preview-season-10/

ummm @BlackBird check out number 5

We know — it wasn’t that long ago that we suggested that The Walking Dead probably should have ended at the conclusion of Season 8. But damnthe Season 10 trailer that AMC’s zombie drama dropped Friday at Comic-Con has left us all kinds of stoked to see new episodes (starting Sunday, Oct. 6). Why?

1. The Whisperers War
    The endless conflict with the Saviors bored us to tears, it’s true. But we have far higher hopes for our heroes’ battle with Alpha’s crew. For one thing, these new baddies aren’t just murderous jerks like the Saviors, they’re twisted freaks who wear walker-skin masks and hang with the undead. And their leader isn’t a pun-loving blowhard, she’s a stone-cold psycho. Speaking of the Saviors’ former big kahuna…

2. Negan 2.0
    Yeah, we have problems with Glenn and Abraham’s killer. Big ones. And it makes us uncomfortable how we’ve softened toward him since he became friends with Rick and Michonne’s daughter Judith. Still, we can’t deny that he’s gotten a lot more interesting since he developed characteristics other than a love of hearing himself talk. And it promises to be interesting to see him fighting with, rather than against, his former enemies.

3. Carol vs. Alpha
    We’ve been hoping for a showdown between Henry’s grieving mother and the villainess who beheaded the boy since Season 9. And based on that trailer, man, are we gonna get it. “Bitch has to die,” says Carol matter-of-factly. And we freaking love that Samantha Morton’s Big Bad has no clue that Carol is such a stone-cold ass-kicker, she’s gonna make her wish she was dead!
    [​IMG]
    4. Michonne’s Dark Side
    That last image of soon-to-exit Danai Gurira‘s heroine brandishing what looks like Negan’s beloved Lucille suggests that maybe, just maybe, he was right when he suggested that the two of them were more alike than she’d care to admit. Question is, at whom was she pointing the potentially lethal weapon?

5. Lotsa Caryl
    There will be a contingent, we know, that is disappointed that it appears Daryl is being drawn romantically to Connie, not Carol. But (a) we love Connie for him, and (b) Norman Reedus and Melissa McBride’s characters have always worked supremely well as besties. And it seems that not only does showrunner Angela Kang get that, she’s going to play that, big time — maybe not with friendship bracelets, but still.
    [​IMG]

6. Michonne and… Ezekiel?!?
    With Gurira set to depart, we never in our wildest dreams imagined that her alter ego would get the romance with the Kingdom’s monarch that she did in Robert Kirkman’s comic-book series. Now that we know it’s coming, we’re curious as hell to see where it goes (and how his ex Carol reacts).

• Like Like x 2
  5. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

Well now, you're just getting my hopes up ridiculously high, @Dnae!

I waited NINE seasons for my baby to find some loving. And just when the last shade of hope was beginning to fade, suddenly the perfect candidate appears on the show and the delicious little seeds are sewn straight away. This is all kinds of wonderful.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I know comic fans are looking forward to an specific scene. But I am really hoping Carol gets the honor on the show.

I say let Beta and Daryl have their round two, Beta wins and Negan shows up right before he's about to kill Daryl saying something to the effect of "Let me, I've been looking forward to this for a long time." And proceeds to surprise kill Beta, saving Daryl's life. Forcing Daryl to accept Negan, on some level.

Either way, I don't care what happens....I just want to see Carol kill Alpha.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. BlackBird

I like this wish list and adding my name to it happily - with a small but important modification. Alpha is absolutely Carol's, in my head too. With a short little speech from Carol. There has to be a short little Carol speech, right?

Regarding the other kill, I would find it very interesting if a situation arose that would "force Daryl to accept Negan, on some level". A fascinating scenario laden with so much history and emotional turmoil, it should practically explode on the screen. However, I wouldn't want it to go down as simple as Negan just swoops in and kills Beta to save Daryl's life. I like the 'swoops in and saves Daryl' part, as in helping him out from a very sticky situation, but then I would like to see a prolonged fight when Daryl and Negan had to work together to fight Beta, repeatedly having to help out the other, and killing Beta would be some crafty collaboration between the two. I don't want Daryl feel in any way indebted to Negan, but killing this seemingly indestructible enemy together would still form some undeniable camaraderie between them. That would be an amazing scene with its complex rich layers.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Have noticed over the course of season 9 and now with the season 10 that there are a number of people who just do not pay attention to episodes. And I am not talking about the level of watching an episode like @Neuropyramidal or @mistertrouble189 ;). I am talking about average joe level of watching an episode and taking note of events, moments that are basically in your face LOL

Last season, episode 15 when Magna kisses Yumiko before she heads back to Hilltop - I saw several comments, videos where people were surprised by the kiss. Really? It was heavily hinted that they were together in episode 6 and made very clear in episode 7.

Fast forward to the season 10 trailer and there are still a number of "viewers" who are surprised by the scene with Magna and Yumiko who are obviously enjoying a romantic evening with one another. How HOW can someone watch a series and be that damn clueless about the characters?

I just needed to rant a wee bit about that. Has bugged me since last season.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Angela has had some really tough hurdles to clear. She did a fantastic job with the exit of Andy. I have faith that she once again has taken great care in handling the exit of a fan favorite character
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  11. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Such a different cast of characters for this years SDCC panel
    [​IMG]

12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

13. Rapscallion

Carol will kill Alpha, that's a certainty.

In a twist on the comics, Negan will kill Beta, and bring the head to Daryl, which will earn his trust.

• Like Like x 2
  14. BlackBird

Like a cat brings you a mouse to impress you? ;)

Love that signature gif, Mz Rapscallion!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

To some extent that's been going on all along. I remember having conversations with people on here who called Shane "Shawn" and Hershel "The doctor/farmer". And multiple people could not understand that the flash forward at the beginning of the pilot happened after the scene with Rick and Shane eating lunch in the police car, lol. "Why he see zombie than go back and eet franch fry with Shawn and forgot zomby?" And several people had no idea who Morales was when he came back in Season 8.

But yeah, I guess its natural that after 9 or 10 years the freshness will wear off on a show, no matter what the quality is. So perhaps its natural people, especially casual viewers, don't pay as close attention as they once did.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rapscallion

Something like that, @BlackBird. ;)

I appreciate your love for my signature gif. Caryl forever! :D

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

It's a very good trailer. I stopped watching TWD after Rick's departure but I'm going to catch up on the 10 episodes, or whatever it was, where I left off last season. I needed time away from the show after the sum total of Gimple's disasters. Now I feel like I can approach it with a fresh start.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  19. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Oh I know, I know.

Just last night I saw a vid of someone yammering on about how exciting it was that the show was going to move West AND possibly form a community/live by the ocean.

Seriously? I get that, in the trailer, Daryl and Carol seem to be having a chat about leaving on the bike and heading west. But that is just Daryl and Carol having that chat - it does not involve picking up and moving all communities or even one community. That chat between the besties is probably a chat like one would have with a friend about "what if we won lottery. What would we do with all that money". Chance of Daryl and Carol heading west are about as likely as me winning the lottery. And I never buy a ticket. So there :p

And then according to this person everyone is moving west and will live near the ocean. Unless it is my sense of direction that is completely askew I do believe that heading west would move one away from the ocean!?!

I know, I know I am being persnickety.
    [​IMG]

#139 Dnae, Jul 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. BlackBird

You're in for a fabulous treat! If you liked Rick's final five episodes, you're gonna love the rest of the season. I've already rewatched with my daughter who was catching up just like you, from Episode 6, and she can't wait now for S10, her enthusiasm completely reignited for the show. I hope it will be like that for you too.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1