Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Season Finale

Discussion in 'Episode 106 - TS-19' started by Jakobi, Dec 11, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Skullberry

Skullberry Member

I dont mind there being a cdc part, but they screwed it up. Jenner should have been more competent. by his own admission he was one step up from the janitor. He should have done all the tests and had all the answers. And those answers should have been....we have no Idea. we can find no biological reason for this event.

what people should have taken away from the episode as it stands is. the cdc guy has no idea what it is, and he wants to commit suicide. the man who should be able to offer a glimmer of a hope of immunization, isolation of a strain....anything. would rather die in a fireball.

instead because the word infection is used thats all people hear.

another thing that bothers me is the blood test. Jenner found after the tests "no surprises". people think that means he found the virus in everyone. it could also mean he was hoping to find something on this group who has had extended exposure to zoms....but wasnt surprised finding nothing.

and that stupid microscopic cell scene. what the heck was that supposed to be? The "virus" attacking healthy cells? or zombification spreading after death. in a way it seems like they were trying to give no answers, just more questions.....they messed it up bad. everyone just jumps to virus.

2. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

That's why I wish it hadn't even been in the show. Because it convinced everyone that zombification is caused by a virus.

3. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

4. turbo6

turbo6 Member

At first I really hated this episode. But eventually I started to like it. It really set the pace for how grim and hopeless civilization really is. Rick was hoping for a safe gated area, but instead they find one single doctor left, in a building about to run out of juice who can only offer some really loose knit insight as to what is going on.

I think the episode further reinforced that there is not going to be any utopias left, only uphill struggles.

5. ChokeHldsIllegal

This, for some reason, has always been my favorite episode... Even though its probably not my FAVORITE, there is always something about it though... I think you nailed it!

PLUS the Zombie Brain Scan was a really cool addition... I thought it was unique and a great realistic approach to the idea of a zombie virus...

6. evilqueencathy

It's not?

7. Walker Shane

Walker Shane Member

Talk about bumping old threads lol. Great finale for season one. They are ALL infected.

8. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

not necessarily. there is no reason to believe it is or isn't. no one even close to knows. everyone just assumes it is and it's annoying.

#28 legendx66, Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  9. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

I don't think so. I think it's something completely unknown.

10. Walker Shane

Walker Shane Member

Good valid points on both sides but what I never understood is why comic book readers get so offended or agitated when people use the words infected or believe its a virus or whatever they want to believe. Truth is that it doesn't matter and we shouldn't care if others use whatever word they want to use to describe it.

11. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

When Jenner is talking about what he "thinks" "it" might be, Jacqui says, "Or the wrath of God." To which Jenner replies, "Or that." Very few people seem to remember that Jenner himself had no clue what was causing it, and only seem to remember that he used the word infected.

12. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

has nothing to do with comic reading. (why does everyone always bring this up) it's just clear jenner does not know what it is but one word and suddenly everyone thinks it's a virus without evidence.

13. Walker Shane

Walker Shane Member

I think people have the right to call it whatever they want. Maybe its a virus and maybe it's not. Who cares. Lets not beat a dead horse.

14. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

no problems the question was asked and I answered. that's all. lol