Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Sending zombie eating pigs to the saviours

Discussion in 'Episode 702 - The Well' started by page, Oct 30, 2016.

1. CSFurious

CSFurious Member

Since everyone is already infected, I do not think that it makes any difference. Also, Shiva routinely eats Walkers and she is fine.

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Well, the theory that makes the most sense is that the walkers have an activated forum of the 'virus', whereas survivors have a dormant form which activates upon death. So potentially, depending on how well it was cooked, you maybe could die and turn from eating it. We don't know its properties. But I think people are talking about just getting a general illness from eating meat that has gone bad, rather than acquiring the walker 'virus'.

3. CSFurious

CSFurious Member

"I would like that bacon very well-done, please."

4. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I, too, think, that the tainted meat doesn't have that much of an impact, especially, if it's cooked. Maybe some Saviors might get sick, if they have a weak constitution, but until all of them get sick at the same time after eating the meat, nothing will probably come out of it. I thought that the people from the Kingdom just wanted to protect their resources and by feeding the rotten meat to the pigs, they show their disgust for the Saviors, like a cook, who spits into food of a very unpleasant guest. The guest will never know it, but the cook gets some satisfaction out of it. Same here: Ezekiel and his people can't just attack the Saviors, they are too few, but they can give them low quality meat.
    I think, the pig feeding also served as a setup for the people from the Kingdom as potential allies to Rick & Co later on.

#44 fylimar, Oct 31, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  5. BlackLightning

This episode shows the reason why I stay far away from pork.

Pigs are gross. They're like the garbage disposals of the earth.

I think he might've been confused. As if he thought he misunderstood or misheard Richard.

That's what was going through my mind up until I heard Richard correct Ezekiel about the freedom of the Kingdom.

6. page

page Well-Known Member

You don't even know how close that is to my last name although you could imagine :p

7. Steppin' Razor

I think they knew because I'm pretty sure pigs, like goats, are the type of animals that will eat almost anything.

8. Logan812

Logan812 New Member

I guess you could say they were feeding the saviors... tainted meat?

9. CarlsEye

CarlsEye Member

I think the chances are those pigs have been eating walkers for some time now. Lets be honest, even though the walker virus infects humans it hasn't seemed to infect any other species. I would say its safe to assume that all carnivores and omnivores will be feeding on slow moving brainless zombies.

10. CarlsEye

CarlsEye Member

Goats don't eat meat.

11. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Right! The pig handler guy stated that he wanted to fill their bellies with rot. I don't know why, but I didn't take that type of phrasing as "We think they'll all die from the zombie infection by eating tainted pig meat" because they really don't know. They are sort of beta testing this idea.

I think they are simply trying this idea out and then they want to see what comes of it.

Worst case scenario- nothing happens.
    Best case scenario- They all get infected, then die, easy-peasy.
    Or somewhere in the middle- Saviors only get sick from it, but maybe they get REALLY sick and that allows the Kingdom a means of seizing an opportunity that wouldn't ordinarily be available.

12. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

But they will eat tin cans, or so the legend goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. DeeLaurean

DeeLaurean Well-Known Member

If Jules Winnfield was a Saviour he would be ok.
    He don't dig on swine.

Come to think about it the Jewish Saviours would be fine too.
    Although technically there was only one Jewish Saviour......
    Jeff Goldblum in Independence Day.

#53 DeeLaurean, Nov 1, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  14. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Cool. I was just watching him as Brundlefly last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. DeeLaurean

DeeLaurean Well-Known Member

He's good in most things he's been in.

Sent from my iPad using little or no insight.

16. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Mainly I think it's an easy way for them to fatten up the pigs for Negan. Also it's the Zombie Apocalypse version of spitting in someone's food. My guess is that at this stage they really don't have any expectation of the pigs making the Saviors sick.

17. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

im not so sure. it sounded like the one guy said that the pigs were pretty lean last time they had a pickup.

18. WingedCherokee

My view on it was that it was a bit of an "up yours" silent rebellion from Ezekiel and the Kingdom towards Negan and the saviours. I doubt they are hoping anything will come of the tainted meat. If it was a case of "turning" or becoming ill from ingesting walker flesh, then surely when they get blood splattered in their face and mouths, it would have the same outcome...

19. EvieE

EvieE Member

There are very rarely any wasted scenes on this show so the tainted pigs is important to the storyline. It very well could be a symbolic form of resistance on the part of the kingdom to give the saviors, walker fed pigs because the kingdom just doesn't have the fire or man power to stand up to the saviors yet. But we may see people in the saviors start to get sick like the virus in the prison. That's just my theory. But the saviors have so many people, it probably won't affect them that much.

20. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I was implying that the effects of the walker pig meat would kick in over a long period of time, rather than eating it once. If it took 3 to 4 months of eating these pigs for adverse side effects to occur, I'm sure a lot of the Negan army would have been eating these pigs by then and it would be next to impossible to trace what caused the sicknesses at that point since it wasn't based on their last meal, but based on 3 to 4 months of meals.

I really think the plan was

A - Feed the pigs easier
    B- Maybe there'll be long term side effects

The way I see it, it's just like eating beef from cows that have been fed a good diet and in cleanly conditions (say, a steak you order in Argentina from locally raised cows), versus cows that has been fed horribly (say, the meat in your jack in the box 2 tacos for 99 cents). The health effects will pile on you over time. I just see this as a more extreme version of that. Whether they are eating enough of these pigs and weather the meat is gross enough to have any significant health effect in any reasonable near term future (ie, not like 50 years which wouldn't matter anyway) is what we aren't exactly sure about.

But I think it's impossible to say these pigs are just as healthy to eat as regular pigs.

#60 Spidey, Nov 1, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2016