Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Sending zombie eating pigs to the saviours

Discussion in 'Episode 702 - The Well' started by page, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Well, eating rotten meat isn't usually something that takes time to accumulate, unless its got certain toxins. This is actually rotten meat in there. It's way too big a risk knowing the retaliation would be more Lucille victims, and maybe worse. Way too easy to trace where the bad meat was coming from.

2. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Even the difference between eating cows that have been fed corn, cows that have been fed grains, and cows that have been fed grass will have significant long term health differences/effects on people. and you're telling me cows (or pigs) that have been fed rotting human flesh wouldn't make a difference? I find that a tough pill to swallow.

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Ummmm, no. Not what I said at all lol. I said that eating rotten meat wouldn't take long term to kick in. They'd figure out quickly where they were getting sick, and then Lucille would come. Very irresponsible risk to take.

#63 Neuropyramidal, Nov 1, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  4. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

Or maybe they're testing walker fed pigs on the Saviors first to see if they get ill, if not, then they feed the walker fed pigs to the people of the Kingdom.

No use in sacrificing any of their folks if walker fed pig meat causes disease.

That said maybe it does have a long term effect on the Saviors and weakens Negan's army to where they'll be vulnerable because thus far I'm seeing an out or victorious scenario for Rick's group.

5. SZQ

SZQ Member

It's not about the tainted meat, it is about he big F-You like the sh*t pie in The Help.

6. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

They could give the saviors some shit cobbler in that case.

7. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I am not sure if this idea of 'tainted meat' really means a plan of 'poisoning' the Saviours. Maybe it is just for the simple reason of limited food supply.
    The pigs are raised outside of the Kingdom compound and so the easiest way to feed them is to set them up to eat walkers.

8. StaceFace

StaceFace Member

Lets take it back to basics, a simpler view. When we first see the pigs, they are in the street chowing down on a walker (maybe wild pigs for all we know - just showing the environment they are in). We then see them being hearded into a room with a walker as bait. At this point, we can see that they are being contained - but thats all, maybe the Kingdom's way of clearing the streets daily?
    When Morgan asks Richard why use bait if we're hearding them anyway? and Richard responds with I want their bellies full of rot (gross), we still don't know what the reasoning behind it is. Are they fattening the pigs for themselves? Is this a true, tried and tested way of getting more food for their large kingdom with no adverse effects, are they trying to make walker killer pigs?! We just dont know - but we do know that Morgan doesnt look to comfortable and probably has these questions in his head too.
    When Morgan goes with Z and Richard to deliver the pigs, and it is explained why they drove in a different direction, we put the pieces together. They're providing meat to Negan. Once the exchange is done, we now know that it must be on a rotation - meat one week, produce the next - we don't know what deals they have with the saviours and what they are expected to provide or even how many times have they given pigs? Just the once before? The chances are, this was the first time they have attempted to fatten up those piggies with a different 'nutrient' - but the question was never asked why? I expected Morgan to pipe up at the end of the exchange and ask but he didnt. Maybe he is assuming as much as we are - maybe he's too scared to ask because he doesnt want to know the real reason.

9. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I think you are the only one who does not see immediately that they are trying to infect the pigs as much as possible before giving them to Negan when they are shown herding them to the Walker?
    I don't think these pigs are captive until this scene,they just know there are feral pigs ripe for the taking and hatch this sweet disgusting plan to see what happens and the bonus is that they don't have too deplete their own share of non-tainted meat with the Saviors.

It is a dangerous game potentially too but one that I like!

10. StaceFace

StaceFace Member

I can see what they are doing, but looking at it step-by-step, as I am no fortune teller, I was simply breaking down how the pigs were introduced. Morgan has just got there, a lot like us, and clearly doesnt know why they are doing what they are until he see's it for himself. It's only then, when Morgan see's whats happening, that we see it. As for why and what the Kingdom is hoping to get out of it, that's for a future episode. Even Morgan - as far as we are aware, doesn't know the true meaning behind doing it.

I do hope that it has a key point later on though, I like a bit of a stir but I must admit I hide when Lucille comes out to play! :zombies_lol:

11. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

You and me both!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Ink

Ink New Member

I can’t see any reasoning behind it other than to fatten the pigs, possibly as a measure to stop Negan from supplementing the underfed pigs with the Kingdom’s supply. Whilst also giving Negan’s crew a big **** you in the process.

The pigs weren’t alive long enough for the walker meat to have a significant effect so I’d rule food poisoning out. At this point I think is it’s a slight writing error or put in there to give characters in the Kingdom more screen time, as the Saviours would likely be eating the stomach of the pig aswell (as many countries already do) and pigs aren’t exactly heavy chewers so once you open them up it would be pretty obvious what they’ve been eating.

13. deadcpa

deadcpa Member

Or they could get super powers from the zombie pigs.