Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Black Ops 2 Multiplayer Sensitivity questions

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2' started by Hell Praiser, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Hell Praiser

Hell Praiser Member

I'm using a 7 as of now. I do fairly decent. But I have heard somewhere that some people use different ones for different weapons.
    Ex: A high one for sniper classes

What do you guys use/recommend? Because I can see why people would use a high or low sensitivity. Just sometimes i'm unsure.

2. greeno911

greeno911 New Member

i've found that 11 is a good sensitivity. It can check corners fast and also respond well when u get shot in the back. I've found that it takes some getting use to when using any sensitivity but if you move up one every week you will get use to it fast.

3. Hell Praiser

Hell Praiser Member

Ive tried a high sensitivity back in BLOPS 1 but it never stuck since I could pretty much guarantee a chopper gunner and Dogs with a 5 sensitivity. I might give it a try since I see alot of good players using high ones.

4. greeno911

greeno911 New Member

funny you mentioned black ops 1 bc i actually just played it earlier for the first time in over a year. I checked my sensitivity and it was set on 6. I automatically turned it up bc it felt like i was taking forever to turn around. played 8 to 9 matches before taking it out and every game i was in i had a 3.90 k/d or better. idk man the higher the better for me.

5. Hell Praiser

Hell Praiser Member

Im starting to think its based on the person. Some people have wiped the floor with me with just a 3 or 4.

6. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I recommend picking a sensitivity you are comfortable with and staying there. Going from say 5 to then 8 to maybe 10 is just going to confuse you and make it harder to turn on players and aim properly. When you get comfortable it becomes muscle memory for your hands and aiming and killing can almost seem like you have an aimbot on. When watching kill cams, players with horrible aim, you can tell are not comfortable with their sensitivity and should either adjust it or learn to get used to it so they can be comfortable.

I play on 14 and sometimes I feel it is too slow. Sometimes I may "over aim" but I can do circles around players playing on 2-5 sensitivities. Also it's easy to set it at the highest for myself because then I do not have to play with the numbers and see what I like. I just set it at its highest setting, whether it be 10 or 14, and just play.

It's all personal preference, but I recommend a fairly high sensitivity. 7 should do good for you.

7. greeno911

greeno911 New Member

I agree with this. He is right hellraiser 7 is prolly your number, i know for a fact that a slower sensitivity takes longer to turn around bc i've used it, and when someone shoots you in the back you are more likely to turn around and kill them first if your sensitivity is higher. Thats just a fact.

8. DeCePtEgRa

DeCePtEgRa Member

14 makes it look like the player smoked cracked I feel it's a unfair advantage to do that but there is also target finders too. I'm at 7 and it is just fine for my style of play.

9. XSlor

XSlor Active Member

I've been on seven for ever! EXCEPT now I'm playing with the M8A1 and I find my controller to be TOO sensitive to use with this gun... I might turn it down to 5...

10. A.C

A.C Well-Known Member

I play on 6, and I think I'm an okay player.

11. Legion

Legion Well-Known Member

Higher is better but only if you can control your aim when it's that high, as other people said though just stick with what you know.

12. Iwear40cal

Iwear40cal Member

i play on 8 no matter what weapon I'm using... Sometimes it will feel slow and I'll go up to 9

13. DizzyEdition

DizzyEdition Active Member

10 with fps freeks

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk

14. lukey666lukey

lukey666lukey New Member

i went from a 9 to a 7 when i got kontrol freaks

15. flopGOAT

flopGOAT Active Member

Unfair advantage? LOL! I don't think I've ever seen somebody play on that high a sensitivity and still have decent aim. Only xxSuPeRqUickzScoPeFaGgOtsyyxx play with that kinda sensitivity, but it's a different story when you're not using a OHK gun.

Personally I always played with default sensitivity until recently. Moved up to about 9, then moved back down to 7/8 which both feel really good to me. Plenty quick enough to turn on people, "twitch" and check corners quickly, but still comfortable for shooting.

There's a funny trend with sensitivity and skill level, average players tend to rock the default or lower sensitivity, as players get better they feel the need to increase their sensitivity, but then the pro players often rock lower sensitivities between 3-6.

16. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I play on 14.

Better players rock a 7-10 on a 14 scale and a 4-7 on 10 scale. 7 on 14 is like 5 on a 10. A 3-6 on a 14 scale is like 2-4 on 10, which are usually the average/noob players...

17. TH1RTY3E

TH1RTY3E Member

Ghenemy, you're anything but an okay player. You're amazing.

I play on an 8 with Assault Rifles, 9 with SMGs, and a 10 or 11 with snipers.

• Like Like x 1
  18. flopGOAT

flopGOAT Active Member

Of all the players at MLG dallas this weekend who mentioned their sensitivity, none said higher than 7. Even the top rushers like Optic Scumpy and Rambo Ray use around 5 sensitivity (Scump used a 3 on the 1-10 scale). Some of the top AR players like Clayster use 3-5.

The thinking is that when you're playing against top players you're not going to have chance to turn on people as much anyway, if you're getting shot in the back by a pro you're probably gonna die no matter what your sensitivity is. But with a lower sensitivity it's much easier to keep a steady aim, particularly at range.

19. A.C

A.C Well-Known Member

How do you know this dude? LOL!

We've never played together.. have we?

I appreciate the comment though dude!

Thank you - I'm okay. I get stomped on too sometimes.

20. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I agree. Pro players will kill you fast. I however I'm talking more about the skilled rushers with 100+ gameplays. They play on generally higher sensitivities so they are more able to turn on noobs with horrible aim.

Like I said, I play on 14 and it saves my life more than not. I only ever over aim or have sloppy aim when I get tired or bored. So basically my aim tells me when I've had enough if that makes sense. Does this make me more L33t? No, but it is what I am comfortable with. Sensitivity is all personal preference. Only advice you can give anyone is to try going up or down, but you can't necessarily tell someone to play at a certain sensitivity nor tell them which one makes you the best player.

In this game, on a 14 scale, IMO a 6-10 is a good range. Below 5 is just too slow and you might as well aim down one sight line the whole time.