Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Black Ops 2 Multiplayer Sensitivity questions

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2' started by Hell Praiser, Mar 17, 2013.

1. flopGOAT

flopGOAT Active Member

Agree completely except with the last sentence, because again it's personal preference. Enough pro players use 3-5 sensitivity to make me feel like it must be helping them, but I can't personally go that low, feels like playing in a swimming pool full of jelly lol.

You play XBOX? Drop me a PM with your gamertag if you wanna play, I'd like to see what it looks like when a player is acclimatised to 14 sensitivity :)

2. A.C

A.C Well-Known Member

Ideally I'd like to play on a higher sensitivity, but I prefer accuracy, map knowledge, and positioning, over twitch/t'urned-on' gun-fight victories. I might play boringly possibly, but if it allows me to understand and predict what is likely to happen and be accurate when it does - I'd take a death from not being able to 'turn-on' someone in return for consistently understanding what is unfolding infront of me and being accurate.

I'm just not accurate (or perhaps trained) at a higher sensitivity.

It's not just sensitivity for turning and twitching, it's recoil correction and other elements that go into a game-play style.

IMHO.

3. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Imagine 14 playing then on 5. Jelly feels like wet cement. I tried 1 once and it was so bad all I could do is laugh.

Yes I play on teh Xbox. I'll PM you it or you can just "click" my little Xbox symbol under my name and its right there. :)

4. TH1RTY3E

TH1RTY3E Member

You're :welcome:
    If half of the stuff you post is true you're one of the much better players out there. I also tend to agree with your thoughts on game mechanics and other stuff (such as map knowledge, handling recoil, various perks and attatchment combos, etc.).

5. BOOSTkv87

BOOSTkv87 Member

I play on 6 or 7, anything higher than that and it effects my aim to much. I mostly use LMGs, so I need accuracy more than spinning around speed. But I do rush play with my LMGs. Not a camper.

6. BoabMcScruff

BoabMcScruff Active Member

how do you know that the pro players play with low sensativity?

7. A.C

A.C Well-Known Member

Cheers dude.

I still maintain that I'm okay...

If you're a PS3 player drop me a PM and add me up :D

8. qCODGENIUSp

qCODGENIUSp Member

I play on the default setting which is 3 I think, am I'm not exactly an amateur.

Most people like to be able to turn on people, but it's so unnecessary I don't even know why people put so much focus on it. I can't even see my surroundings turning that fast. I can play several matches in a row without ever needing to turn around on anyone ever. However with low sensitivity I never miss a shot. I will never lose a gunfight because of accuracy. The only way to get me is to get the drop on me or positioning. I know the so called "pros" use high sensitivity but I'll say it again it is the biggest myth about being a good player.

9. A.C

A.C Well-Known Member

I prefer this mentality.

10. flopGOAT

flopGOAT Active Member

Because I follow the pro circuit (as a fan), watching streams/vids etc.
    Not ALL pro players play on low sensitivity, but very very few play on high sensitivity (like 10+) in tournaments. Most common seems to be around the 5-7 mark.

11. radtechy

radtechy Member

I was using 3 and was told by a friend I'm moving to slow to turn and shoot. I went to 6 and now I'm at 9. After a day each felt slow to me.

My scores have went up. But again this is a personal preference. There really is now way to judge without watching you're gameplay

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

12. RRock

RRock Active Member

I typically play on a 10 sensitivity, but I think I'm going to try out a 6 or something tonight, just to see what happens. My thoughts, though, are if you can be precise with a high sensitivity, why lower it?

I'll try lowering my sensitivity tonight.

13. radtechy

radtechy Member

If its not broken then don't fix it!!!

I'll give you 2-3 matches maybe 5 tops before you go back to 10. It's gonna feel so sloooooow at 6 if you are used to 10.

14. II S1CK M1K3 II

I play at a 6. I tried increasing it but my accuracy suffered.

15. EpicJaySwagg

EpicJaySwagg New Member

I recomend 11 its quick and pretty easy after the first few days

16. radtechy

radtechy Member

How long did you give it? Took me like 5 hrs of play total but to be able to get longer range quickly was the hardest part. The up close stuff came fast.

Again everyone's reflexes, muscle memory, and learning curves are different

17. Desolationz

Desolationz Well-Known Member

I recommend 8 it's fast but not too fast so you can still do a 360 degree turn and be accurate from the hip.

I actually just bought the FPS Freek CQC, I heard that despite a high sensitivity you'll be able to still be accurate because it's raised higher than normal thumb sticks.

18. radtechy

radtechy Member

I watch Woody's review and its common sense how they work. You are allowed to make fine adjustments with more of a push b/c the analog sticks are raised you can push the sticks further to get the same as a minute push without them.

Basically you have a bigger margin of error for that. But as far as let's say using dead silence and awareness and you hear somebody coming behind to shank you....I'm not feeling that the control freeks with a low sensitivity is going to make you spin quick enough

19. ReZ Betrayal

ReZ Betrayal New Member

I use a 10 for everything but the snipers, that I use a 12 sensitivity for.

20. Elum

Elum Member

My brother who doesn't play FPS had no problem going straight to 7 the other day when he wanted to play a few games. I think that shows anyone can play on 6-7. Just gradually play on higher sensitivities, it will benefit you.

I've been playing on 14 for a while now and can't imagine playing at even like 10 or 11 anymore.