Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Seperation

Discussion in 'Zombie Fan Fiction' started by TeenDistortion, Mar 4, 2013.

1. TeenDistortion

Hey, so this is my first fanfiction of any kind and I just sort of went ahead and got going with it. I know that from what's written at the moment, the character just sounds like a whiney cow and not much is happening, but I'd just like to hear people's opinions on it (if they'd like to read more, if they think it's worth writing etc)
    I can also take suggestions/include characters or situations into the story if people want, just private message me or comment and I can see if I can make it work :) Thanks
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________

It's funny how fast things change. How a home you spent years living in is left and abandoned, never to be returned to again. How, no matter how hard you try, you can never keep the promises you make to your family. You can never guarantee that you can keep them safe, and there will come a time when they won't be there to keep safe anymore. Everything dies eventually - whether it's a bouquet of flowers left on a bedside table or an old friend you've known your whole life. Nothing lasts forever, and it's important to remember that. Because although the pain you experience trying to survive in this world seems like it'll last forever, it won't. You have your time to die, and it can never be predicted, and can never be stopped. Just embrace the imminent fact that you'll die and get to leave this god-forsaken planet sooner or later. That is, unless you turn.

*​

Nobody really seemed to notice the strange news reports from foreign countries trickling into the newspapers or onto our television screens. Who would, right? The minute I hear a country with more than five syllables in it's name, I completely zone out and carry on with what I was doing beforehand. It's not like it was anything important any way - just another pandemic like Swine Flu; some people will get it but it's not like it'll ruin us, and it'll be gone soon enough. But as the weeks wore on, the news became more and more full of bizarre stories, and they were getting closer to home. We were seeing more and more of the armed forces going through towns, and people in hospital weren't allowed to be visited anymore. That was what got me worried - when I recieved a phone call from the hospital telling me I couldn't visit my aunt anymore. The phone startled me when it rang, and I didn't get a chance to recover from it before I was told the news.
    "What do you mean, I can't see her? What's going on?" I asked, getting concerned. I knew hospitals were strict on outbreaks and people visiting, but surely they could just get stricter with hygiene?
    "I'm afraid the hospital is no longer accepting visitors in any of the wards whatsoever. People are getting very worried about the outbreak in England and it's only a matter of time before it gets here." the receptionist woman replied. She didn't sound very sympathetic at all - I could hear her playing with the phone wire, and her voice just confirmed the fact she'd had to say the same thing over and over to hundreds of people.
    "But we're miles away! And it's not like it's anything serious! What could possibly be that bad that we have to stop visiting the sick?" I yelled.
    "We haven't got the details yet, but it's not a matter to be taken lightly." she responded.
    "Yeah well neither is this. What, are the staff not allowed to see the patients either? Are you just going to abandon them?"
    There was a silence, and then the phone hung up.

Ever since then, I decided it was time to pay attention to the news and find out what was going on. They didn't seem to want to give away much about what was going on, so I practically got no help whatsoever and had to prepare for the worst. It took me three days to pack and find essentials for travelling, find a gas station with enough gas to last me as long as possible, and gather up my friends and family. I thought about visiting the hospital one last time, to say goodbye to my aunt and wish everyone well, but when I drove past the whole place was covered in army vehicles and there was no way in. I pulled up as close as possible and walked towards the building, but was soon pushed away by an important looking man a bit too forcefully for my liking.
    "What's going on? I need to get in there." I asked.
    "I can't allow that, Ms."
    "Mrs, actually," I snapped, showing him my wedding ring. Just because my husband was dead didn't mean I wanted to be called Ms. "I need to see a relative, she's really sick."
    "I'm afraid no visitors are allowed. Are you sure she hasn't gone home?"
    "What do you mean, gone home? She can't, she's bed-bound and she has nowhere to go. Why would people have gone home? What's going on in there?" I was panicking, and he could hear it in my voice.
    Before he had the chance to answer, I heard someone running and throw themself against the door of the hospital. I looked over and saw nothing but a person being dragged back into the hospital by a man in black.
    "Now, I think it's best you leave. You don't want to go in there."
    And he was right, I didn't. I wanted to say something more, but I couldn't think of what so I just ran back towards my car, and as I closed my door, I could have sworn I heard a gunshot and a scream. Just, not a human scream.

2. adrenalineknife

adrenalineknife Well-Known Member

That's really good, you should become a story writer!! Keep up the good work! :D

3. TeenDistortion

Awh haha thankyou, I've written more but I sort of want to finish it before I upload it onto here, not entirely sure why I put this up in the first place to be honest :p I'll let you know when it's done if you're interested, it should be interesting ;)

4. adrenalineknife

Thanks, I began reading Humanity is a Choice you posted in TWD fan fiction! It's amazing, you almost top Jk Rowling for my favourite author! :)

5. TeenDistortion

That actually means so much! Thankyou! "Bloody hell!" Awh haha I'm so glad people like it :) Thankyou!

6. adrenalineknife

Haha no problem! You should enter some writing contests! I'm almost certain you'd win something!! Are you in high school!?!? Or any school!?!? If you are you should make like a creative writing club!! I would like legit come and join lol!!....if my family was rich enough :p

7. TeenDistortion

awh haha well thanks for all the positive thoughts and everything but I only write for a hobby, I'm turning 15 in June so yeah I'm still in school but there's not any contests I could think of entering haha :)

8. adrenalineknife

True I understand, I would probably be the same :p. (If I could write) Haha I'm turning 15 in July, that must be why we get along so well! I just asked cause my school does things like that, not sure if anybody participates in them though ;). As long as you don't stop writing I'll be happy!

9. TeenDistortion

Awh haha thankyou! Well, I'm posting more frequently on this link http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9138165/1/Humanity-is-a-Choice than on the actual thread because it seems to be more organised, you're welcome to look and skip forward :p Thankyou for being so motivational haha :)

10. adrenalineknife

Haha np!! Can't wait to read it!

11. zombiestop

zombiestop Member

Nicely done. I like the dark & philosophical cocktail during the intro. Keep up the good work!