Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Seriously, Maggie?

Discussion in 'Episode 310 - Home' started by Xenavar, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Xenavar

Xenavar New Member

I understand that you just went through a traumatizing experience and that Glenn is confused and really wants to know what happened but comon, he was trying to comfort you. Telling him to leave would have been fine, there were no reason whatsoever to hit him repeadatly. What a bitch.

2. Tomarky

Tomarky Member

Yeah I don't know what her deal was either, glenn was just trying to understand what was going through her head and trying to comfort her.

3. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

They were both being douches.

4. Gabby_swe

Gabby_swe New Member

I think Maggie is more pissed because he more made it seem like why the hell did she take off her shirt for him. Like he can take care of himself....

5. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

You get almost raped and see how you act.

6. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Maggie kept telling Glenn nothing happened, but he wouldn't believe her.

You can't have a relationship without trust.

The Governor didn't rape Maggie, but he humiliated her. Maggie relived that everytime Glenn got all badass and talking about revenge.

7. Lauri

Lauri Member

She's no different than most people who have taken their anger out in the form of violence. Besides, it didn't look like she physically hurt him. She just shoved him back. She could have punched him in his bruised eye... ouch.

I think part of why she was so upset with him was because he didn't know whether or not to believe that he hadn't raped her, and she had to go into detail for him to believe she wasn't lying. No one likes when someone even considers they may be lying, especially when it's over something as horrible as what she went through.

8. Xenavar

Xenavar New Member

You know what, if I was Glenn, I probably wouln't have believed her right away either. Granted, I would have waited a bit before asking again but people often go in denial when stuff like this happen and I am still not personally convinced still that the governor didn't rape her. We might learn later that he did.

9. mothra19

mothra19 Member

He had been giving her the cold shoulder since the whole thing went down and treating her like she was tainted almost. He was pushing her away with his anger and vengeance and I would have hit him too. He was making her feel like it was her fault and like she had any other choice than to just take her shirt off. Not the time for jealousy, Glenn!

10. Killermolls

Killermolls Member

You definitely don't want to be bothered.

11. Gabby_swe

Gabby_swe New Member

I really don't think he raped her. She may not have been all the way technically raped, but she was forced into a horrible embarrassing situation and when someone questions what you are tellin them or asks for details, it makes you relive it. Can't blame her for being upset, she would have done anything to keep her love safe and he starts treating her differently and questions her making her relive it.

12. mothra19

mothra19 Member

Agreed...she was not raped as in penetrated but the violation is still there. It was sexual assault, degradation and a power play. If it happened to me I'd start hitting people too.

13. Xenavar

Xenavar New Member

Well thanks for the reply, now I am convinced that they were both freaking idiots. Lol.

14. Tomarky

Tomarky Member

Well obviously something happened, if you can't have a relationship without trust that also means you can't lie about things

15. Tdog

Tdog Member

I agree 100% I'm way tired of Maggie's attitude because the Governor saw her boobs. Big deal. She wasn't raped or harmed. Humiliated maybe yes, scared yes (if that's possible in a zombie infested world where people die around you everyday). But her actions since then don't make any sense. It almost gives me the impression that the writers intended for something more serious to happen but decided to leave it out. I mean this isn't "An American Crime". Seeing Maggie pouting and depressed like all of Woodbury took her for a ride is getting old. Glenn on the other hand totally understandable. He had the crap beat out of him, they tried to kill him by feeding him to a walker, and they played mind games by making him think they were doing horrible things to his girl that was next door. Glenn I feel for it truly put him in a position to feel helpless and unable to protect the things he cared about. Now he knows how vulnerable they really are and he's stepping up. That's how you deal with that stuff but Maggie... I think they should have sorted that scene out better. If it was supposed to be a more serious scene they should of made it that way. It just seems silly that she WASN'T raped and all that happened was him forcing her to take her shirt off and she's acting the way she is. It be much different if the governor had slapped her around and forced himself on her or started caressing her but NONE OF THAT EVER HAPPENED! GET OVER IT MAGGIE!

16. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

Glenn's digging for details is understandable but it may make Maggie feel re-victimized. It can also make her feel like Glenn is somehow questioning her judgement and how she handled things, even though he is not.

That is a rather common real world dynamic in similar situations by the way.

I liked that at the end he put his hand on her shoulder and she reciprocated so I think they will be ok.

17. Ms. Jones

Ms. Jones Member

What if it isn't the rape thing thats bothering her in the first place but the fact that she told the governor where the prison is because he was pointing the gun at glenns head ?

Maybe she's angry at herself because she risked the life of the whole group trying to save Glenn. And now she blames herself and persuades herself that the attack and the constant threat is her fault. And she hates that Glenn is so important to her that she did this.

18. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Lovers spat, essential to TWD story lol

19. d.void

d.void New Member

I think she sees Glenn as kind of 'stealing her thunder'. I mean, whatever happened, it happened to her. He is acting like he is the victim of her experience, more concerned with getting revenge than comforting Maggie. If I were her I think I'd have a problem with that too.

20. Morgan Jones

Morgan Jones Member

Women... *shakes head*