Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Seriously, Maggie?

Discussion in 'Episode 310 - Home' started by Xenavar, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

It seems to me that Maggie's over it and moving on. It's Glenn that keeps making an issue of it. He's acting like an immature jeaous jerk. I'm guessing one of them is about to be Walker Bait.

2. impliedword

impliedword Member

when maggie was holding the baby all i could think about when she yelled at lori while throwing the abortion pills in her face...almost getting killed for nothing.

glenn couldnt handle all the crap in the ep...he didnt know what to do and needed maggie to help him..he did keep asking and asking about the rape. i can see why she was pissed.

3. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I think Chris Hardwick said it best on Talking Dead. Glenn was making it about him when Maggie was having her own demons she had to deal with. When she is ready to talk about it, she will. Or maybe she won't. Maggie is a strong person but what happened to her was extremely fresh and she needs to have her own time to process. Her reaction to Glenn was completely understandable.

4. highway234

highway234 Member

Hi. New guy here.

My read on that kerfuffle between Maggie and Glenn are

1. They were miscommunicating. Glenn was genuinely concerned for Maggie's well being but Maggie seemed to have felt that Glenn was being more possessive in asking what happened with the governor. I also think there might be some underlying guilt on her part about ratting out the camp, even though a lot of people in her shoes would have done the same, and possibly ambivalent anger on Glenn's part over what she did. (Both he and Rick immediately exonerated her for it but I think deep down it might still bother Glenn, esp. since she did it to save him. And of course, the show being what it is, Glenn's expressing his anger through guilt, and maggie's expressing her guilt through anger. The other thing is

2. Maggie is someone who loves powerfully and for that reason she's reluctant to love. You definitely saw that when we first learn about her feelings for Glenn, she expresses them by starting a fight with him and insulting and belittling him, then we learn she admires him and think he's a leader waiting to self-actualize. For Maggie, whatever the emotion she's feeling, she just tends to express it in this combative way.

5. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

Excellent points.

Bonus for 'kerfuffle'. I'm stealing that - great word :).

6. Bhante

Bhante Member

What you all said. I am reassured since Glenn put his hand on Maggie's shoulder and she put her hand on his. Also you forget that Merle's part-time pre-ZA gig was as a couple's therapist so all will be well.

7. wolffe

wolffe Member

She sold the group out, I'd be pissed too

8. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

The Governor allowed Merle to throw a walker at Glenn, which proves he was fine with killing one of his hostages.

All of Glenn's ranting over what the Governor "did" to Maggie humiliated her again. That was something Maggie didn't want the rest of the group, especially her father, to know about.

9. Lauri

Lauri Member

You'd rather have her dead?

10. Zugzwang

Zugzwang Member

Wow...

On the contrary, I think her response was justified by repeated questioning about the rape—implying mistrust towards her answers. His sense of justice is commendable, but emotionally insensitive to her trauma.

11. mothra19

mothra19 Member

ALRIGHT - when Glenn saw the Governor throw Maggie at him topless all he could assume was that she was raped. They never got a chance to talk about it so he just assumed. Maggie knew what happened and knew what Glenn was thinking - that she must be "tainted" now. That's the way a victim's mind works. When they had the conversation in the cell she got so upset because she could tell he wanted to know was if she was raped. Like the humiliation and sexual assault wasn't enough. She knew that the only way to get him to back down was to relive the details and throw it in his face, like LOOK. HAPPY NOW? That's why she said that, like oh don't worry there wasn't penetration so you can relax now. He inadvertently made her feel judged and dirty. Of course his anger hot-headedness about the whole thing comes from a place of love, he loves her so much and the thought that anyone could have hurt her like that makes him want nothing but revenge. But all he had to do was listen to her, ask her, TALK to her before going off the deep end and paving a war path. Instead he over compensated by thinking he had to be her uber-protector, shutting her down when she tried to speak up (on the road after Daryl left) like she was just this victimized little thing who needed to be told what to think.
    Too bad Maggie's the total badass who opened fire on Woodbury, returning to the place of her trauma and helped Daryl to escape. She doesn't need protecting. She just needs Glenn to be on her side.

12. Jules

Jules New Member

I think it was just surprising to see them apart....they have such a good relationship and depend on eachother...I was quite surprised to see her react to Glenn the way she did, I think he blames him, she did say she had to take off her shirt to save his hand........ and lets face it, this is probably Glenns first real relationship and doenst know how to handle it.

13. PizzaBoy

PizzaBoy Member

x2. I agree.

14. BronzeBomber

BronzeBomber Member

She was probably sick of him trying to be protective tough guy, when she chose to take her shirt of (heavens to betsy) to save his arm. Shes actually the tough guy in the relationship, not pizzaboy Glenn.

15. IQDeficit

IQDeficit Member

She made the choice to take her shirt off.

16. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Active Member

You are a terrible, rapist-friendly piece of trash human being. Fiction forum or not, your opinion on this is disgusting and repulsive.