Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Seriously, nobody's read #108 yet?

Discussion in 'Volume 18: What Comes After' started by Donnnn, Mar 13, 2013.

1. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

i could see them butting head like Rick and Tyreese did. i get where youre coming from but people dont HAVE to refer to him as the king. unless hes got more of a Negan side that we dont know about but i doubt that. plus for all we kno the title could have been given to him like Jesus and The Governor. i like his personality. hes kinda like The Gov and Negan w/o the psychosis and violence. i think Kirkman is doing a great job showing Machiavellian ideas on leadership. should a king/leader be loved (Rick) or feared (Negan)? the Gov was more of a cult leader, like Michonne said on the show "a Jim Jones type," so he had a lil bit of the fear and love thing going. only thing he had goin for him was keeping the residents of Woodbury in the dark. but that ultimately back fired on him, no pun intended

2. 4nomads

4nomads Member

We will see how it plays out. When Jesus called him your Majesty I assumed that was a demanded title from Ezekiel.
    Maybe it's because I'm a chick. I may have better doucebag radar.

I will eat my humble pie if I'm wrong :) :)

3. Donnnn

Donnnn Well-Known Member

Aye!

4. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

true, but would you rather have someone who makes you call them Your Majesty or someone who burns half your face for sleeping with a woman you married and extorts you in to giving him half your shit? or who collects severed heads in fish tanks and makes out with his zombified niece? i was gonna mention Lucille but Ezekiel has Shiva so yea

he may put himself on a pedestal but he seems like a nice guy. but even with his weaknesses and downfalls i still think Rick is the best leader weve encountered so far.

5. 4nomads

4nomads Member

I agree.

Ezekiel definitely is going to play out well. If he was the type of leader Rick is the storyline would be *yawn* boring.

6. NapalmSoup

NapalmSoup Member

I like how they switched to his hair covering the wound. And I hope never gets his dad's hat back!

7. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

The hat will outlive everyone. just wait.
    I loved this issue. The Michonne and Carl/Andrea moments were well done. Ezekial is very interesting and I can't wait to see how he and Dwight continue. I want to see more of The Kingdom too. What was Spencer doing I wonder?

8. Peanut Q. Public

i am deeply in love with that hat. and also Carl having that hat. my husband doesn't understand because he hasn't read the comics but i think that little dude with that hat has become synonymous in my mind with ultimate badassery with a conscience.

9. DarkeAngelus

DarkeAngelus Member

Great issue. Best lines in # 108:
    Tronwannabe on horseback: "Who dares trespass on the sovereign land of -- Oh shit-- Jesus? Is that you?"
    (reminded me of a Robot Chicken skit with the Last supper and one of the Apostles piping up; "Jesus! Are you gay?")
    And:
    Jesus (to a stunned Ohmyfuk Rick): "Oh, I think I forgot to mention... Ezekiel has a tiger."

Nice look with Carl and his hair sans hat. Call it the Apocalyptic Mullet. And yeah, it looks like Spencer is up to something. Glad to see Dwight switch sides (which I think is genuine. No man worth his salt will put up with another man banging his wife for very long without going postal, the iron to the face notwithstanding). Kirkman had that crossbow teaser issue that had us Daryl fans clamber to the stands and buy the issue off the shelves (and we were not happy with what we read). Dwight is better than nothing.

The comic is way better than the television show. I hope it goes on forever.

10. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I've got it, just haven't read it yet..

My priorities are all wrong lol !!

11. NapalmSoup

NapalmSoup Member

Yeah, I don't know. Praying for strength to do something that "must be done".. Sounds like he's out to hurt somebody, if you ask me..

12. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

*Single handedly kills Negan and the saviors then snaps and kills all the survivors of Hilltop, Alexandria, and The Kingdom.*

13. 4nomads

4nomads Member

Rick? Thats what I think.

14. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

I haven't gotten it yet.

15. ThatGuy0965

ThatGuy0965 Member

i just watch them from a dude on youtube. he uploads each comic the day it comes out.the nearest place that sells the comics is almost an hour drive from where i live. i find it a lot simpler

16. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

Isn't that technically illegal?

17. ThatGuy0965

ThatGuy0965 Member

pretty much ya i guess. but it's not illegal for you to watch them. just for him to upload them. and he's been doing it for like a year now and still hasn't been busted.

18. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

technically...

19. NapalmSoup

NapalmSoup Member

That would be quite a shocker. He's kind of a punk, so I'm not sure what he's thinking but....
    I think this is a good guess.

20. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

It sure would make me laugh lol.