Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Seriously???? WTF

Discussion in 'Episode 1001 - Lines We Cross' started by Dnae, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Some people should not be allowed to write reviews or recaps for a series....

LMAO at this person and their various takes on what Michonne may have meant when she spoke of Alpha and her "nuclear weapon". Am I the one who is missing the point in that scene? Michonne is referring to the massive horde as Alpha's nuclear weapon. These are the types of click bait articles that fan the flames of the pissers and moaners. Even the not quite as half baked theories are still off base and almost as ridiculous.

And NO. No person writing the below linked article, we do not have to consider that Michonne was talking about an actual nuclear weapon

https://www.bustle.com/p/the-whisperers-have-nuclear-weapons-on-walking-dead-seriously-wtf-18842869

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. barbell43

barbell43 Member

This takes the cake for the dumbest, the stupidest, the most asinine article on TWD ever!!!

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Thank God I am not alone in regard to this article!

It is so SO stupid

4. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

And to think someone actually got paid to write that. The quote "But since there were actual nuclear reactors on Season 5 of Fear The Walking Dead, we have to consider that Michonne was talking about a literal nuclear weapon." kills me. NO WE DON'T HAVE TO CONSIDER SHE WAS TALKING ABOUT A LITERAL NUCLEAR WEAPON. Only an idiot would go that route. And the fact the writer tried to tie FTWD into my sacred original really pissed me off.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

LOL you basically had the same reaction I did about the nuclear weapon - to quote my own post :D......

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. yuke

yuke Member

Wait... so the Whisperers do not have nuclear weapons?

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Or at least tie for top place. There have been a handful of doozies over the years. The one I am remembering right now was a reviewer who saw the red toothpick/sword in Ron's mouth at the ASZ introduction party and mistook it for a mouth wound from his father Pete's abuse. They then proceeded to talk about how spineless the Alexandrian's were for pretending not to notice it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. Neuropyramidal

I wish the Whisperers wore these masks instead.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. DavidDavidaon

DavidDavidaon Active Member

I kind of WTFed at the mention of it too and wondered if it had something to do with the satellite at the start of the episode and assumed that this was a cut to a point after the satellite deorbited (rather cleanly too, for something with no heat shield) I had thought the whisperers had grabbed up the satellite at the start and found that it was nuclear armed (which with the CCCP markings wouldn't be impossible) however at the end of the episode it appears that Eugene is set on hauling off the satellite and that that conversation wasn't a flash forward.

I mean, it could have been; but having a nuke and knowing where to place it and how to use it (especially after it's re-entered) which would damage or destroy the electronics in a.nuke allowing for a successful detonation and not a fail or fizzle; everything has to go right for a nuke to go off, they are fail-safe.

That comment near the end of the episode made by someone asking Eugene "what about radiation" makes me wonder however.
    Could the satellite be nuclear armed?

Edit; I read the article after writing this post.
    I would have to watch the episode again to see if that statement is made in a flash forward, however a cold war era satellite crashing down shouldn't be ignored.
    Hopefully Eugene transports it back to their side of the border, otherwise it would be a huge loss.

I figured the satellite (as Eugene said he wanted the disks off it) would have been a spy satellite that was used after the spread of the virus and would have had photographs stored on it of areas that are zombie free and technologically advanced, however the whole "nuclear weapon" "what about radiation" actually does give cause for questioning.
    I mean "they have a nuclear weapon" isn't really a figure of speech. "They could wipe us off the map" is.
    It's a very peculiar and oddly specific figure of speech if it was intended as such.

However operating a Russian nuke isn't as simple as flipping a switch. Especially if it was space based; you would need launch codes, etc.

#10 DavidDavidaon, Oct 10, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  11. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I just got around to reading the article now and also checked the writer's bio. She's covered all sorts of other TV shows so she's not new at this.

I guess if Rosita had said to Eugene that he was a chicken, that the writer of this piece would think TWD was going to make Eugene into an actual bird too.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

A russian chicken?

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

A radioactive Russian chicken who will have to assemble a nuclear bomb out of the pieces of the satellite to counter the one that the Whisperers have.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Neuropyramidal

The author would have interpreted this as a chicken that is constantly in a hurry.

Rushin.....chicken.....

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

Why bring the Atomic Blonde into this? o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Ohhhh a white russian sounds yummy - the drink that is. not an actual russian.

• Funny Funny x 1