Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Set Visit Take Away

Discussion in 'TWD3 Discussion' started by Dnae, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

These are tweets from @SarabethPollock, a contributor for @FanSided

She was invited to visit the set and cast of TWD3 this week and without any spoilers she offered up a few observations:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

@Neuropyramidal @Stealth @Chr1s @Sharpie61 thought you guys might be interested in what she had to say

I do hope that she is spot on about it NOT be a CW type show. That would go a long way in alleviating some of my skepticism

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I saw the tread on twitter. I will give the show a chance, but Fear has put a bad vibe to the WD universe and I’m skeptical about another take on the series.

The truth is out there

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I really hope it's true that the trailer doesn't do the show justice. One of my favorite aspects of this universe is diving into the dark parts of human nature. What makes people do the things they do and can they come back from going too far.

Aside from the elementary school play writing, that's why FTWD sucks so much. It's hands across America in a post apocalyptic world, which is boring as shit. And why seasons 1-3 of FTWD were so good.

I'll give the show a try and I'll go in with an open mind, but I'm glad to hear it won't be a teenage rom-com.

• Like Like x 1
  4. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Hopefully it takes itself far more seriously than the trailer seemed to allude to. However at the same time I would definitely take this with a grain of salt. Chances would be slim that they would say anything negative about the show after being invited to the set and even being allowed to talk to the actors.

If it was coming from one of the more popular and respected trades than I think the words would carry more weight. But not from a website called Fansided which is probably being run from someone's basement.

I do have a feeling though that the show will end up having a similar tone to what the trailer was implying. After all the job of a trailer is to give viewers an idea of what the movie/show is going to be about. I seriously doubt that if this show was going to have a similar tone as say Last of Us that they would have put together such a (as we put it) CW style of trailer.

Putting together a proper trailer that indicates what the show would be about would especially be important for a TWD show these days when the franchise is losing viewers left and right.

5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Interdasting. Too soon to tell, but at least this bodes well, instead of boding unwell.

6. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

It would be great if it's a darker tone. It needs to differentiate itself early.

If things go well it'll probably bump Fear out of the AMC lineup. With all 3 shows they have 42 weeks next year with Walking Dead universe content. And I'd be surprised if they carried Fear in 2021 if it continues to drop ratings and the new show outperforms it.

7. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

The only tear I would shed in losing FTWD would be losing Dwight. And I only say that based on TWD Dwight not on the neutered FTWD Dwight. Other than that they can all exit stage left. The Tweedles have managed to ruin every damn character.

Which leads me to why I have stood on the side of optimism, albeit cautious optimism. TWD3 has the advantage of having a seasoned TWD writer as its showrunner. We have seen what Angela has accomplished in seasons 9 and 10. Gives me a great deal of hope that by having someone who has been in part of this universe, who understands the beats,that this particular series will have a better "feel" than seasons 4 and 5 of Fear.

Time will tell

8. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

AMC is clearly choosing to go the route of quantity over quality so I don't think any of the three shows will be ending. As long as a Walking Dead show gets better ratings than their other programming options on AMC it won't get canceled.