Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Sex in TWD comic is Hilarious

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Comic Spoilers' started by GreekSalads, Feb 27, 2012.

1. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

Walking Dead is an adult comic no doubt, but damn was Robert Kirkman "horny" or something while writing the comics? LOL

WARNING: If you are a young kid or someone who can't handle this subject of nature, you must leave now.

Ok, time for my crazy rambling.

The only important sex bit in the comic was really Shane and Lori since that triggers her pregnancy. I get that. Then there's old Dale getting it on with Andrea at the Estates, I mean come on Dale. Your old. Christ and Julie is the most stupidest couple I have ever seen in anything. No wonder Tyreese doesn't want to see them f*cking. That shit at the prison was too freaking funny, I had to laugh. Shooting guns to be "together forever" WTF? Gotta love how Rick was saying "OH, it was some suicide pact" even though Tyreese did the typical black guy moment where you **** with my girl, I **** with you. Maggie was being a total slut. I don't blame Hershel for stating she's making sins. As a watcher of the TV series, Maggie was way too different in comic form and in TV form as well. Ok, so let me get this straight, everyone is having some sort of sexual vibe. Issue after issue, there's some sex involved. Hell, the kids are gonna be doing it soon. Sophia is asking Carl to be his boyfriend. DAMN JUST DAMN, its getting into the kids too.

And that whole thing between Tyreese and Carol and Michonne. Yeah, that little BJ moment was stupid. Talk about seduction, then Tyreese still has feelings for Carol and Michonne calling her a scrawny white bitch behind her back, I mean come on. Then Rick finds out about this and is pissed about breaking people's hearts. I don't blame Rick, these people care more about banging then banging zombies. If ya know what I mean :D

Kirkman, you wrote a good comic series but what the hell was in your mind. I thought the sex was just too rapid like it was just there just to be there. It goes from Shane's fantasy, to old man ****ing, to asian banging the farmer's daughter, to seduction, I mean it was like reading a playboy magazine mixed in with zombies.

Sorry for the language, I had alot to say.

2. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

HAHA...I can't stop laughing! Ya, that prison love stuff was freaky...I guess that's all there is to do when you're doing time COED style lol This is spoiler that takes place after the prison arc.

I don't know if you want to hear it or not so I'll tag it. It's basically related to what you're discussing.

#2 SVTRay, Feb 27, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  3. Kursed Crusader

Kursed Crusader New Member

Never read the comics. I like to read and all, but no comics.

4. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

If you ever change your mind, Walking Dead #1 is selling around 1,000.00 and the entire set about 2,500.00. So I suggest buying the trades for 15.00 each.

5. STRINGS

STRINGS Well-Known Member

I bought the compendium @ x-mas time and was totally disappointed. It was barely even 7th grade level as far as character development. It was just plain silly, contrived, and overly corny thru-out. While Rick is my fave character in the TV show, he is just as unlikeable as Lori is in the comic.
    If someone is a HUGE fan, then go for it, but I'd rather read a zombie novel than the TWD comic. For once the TV (movie) is far superior to the book IMO...:shining:

6. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

Well comics are comics, the characters can feel corny sometimes. If TWD was just a long ass novel series, then the characters would sound more serious.

7. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

I was going to say, Comics are what, 22-24 pages, just how much character development does one expect in that amount of time? While on the other hand, Novels start out around 300-500 pages. Just look at Rise of The Governor which is 300 pages vs his comic introduction. You get a much better and in dept look into the The Governor and what drove him to the way from reading the novel vs the comics.

8. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

At this point, there's absolutely no way the series is better than the comics. The sex in the comics is laughable? What about the inumerous inconsistencies in the series? Those dialogues ewww... no... just... no... they really ruined it for me in the second season, the writing is very, extremely poorly executed and they dragged the hell out of the story for unecessary purposes and idiotic premisses. The drama in the series is more laughable than any sex scene in the comics (check episode 10, there's no better example than that).

However, the 3rd season may - MAY - change my opinion about this, I really want to like the series better, but they GOT to improve those dialogues and scenes.

9. TWD

TWD Member

I hope this is a typo.

10. HockeyMomChris

HockeyMomChris Active Member

Sounds like the comics are as dramatic with the love triangles as the show was with the one that was on there. Still want to read them though!!

11. Jersey_Dixon

Jersey_Dixon Member

I'm pretty sure both the comic and tv show are supposed to represent drama. And well, sex and relationships create a lot of drama.

12. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

Nope. Good luck finding someone willing to let it go too. There are other sites, but this is where I tend to go to pick up back issues of things. Keep an eye on this site if your bored or curious. http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=482391 Notice how a lot of the earlier issues are not even in stock with them? When they do pop up they are worth a TON. Also, follow the auctions. Can get crazy at times. /glances over at his collection that was bagged and boarded after one read

13. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

Nope, recently an issue of WD #1 sold for $1800.00

List of completed WD #1 Graded completed transactions...almost all of them in the $1200.00 range. You can get a raw ungraded and in not so great shape for around $300.00-600.00.

http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?_sac...ead 1 cgc&LH_Complete=1&_pgn=7&_skc=300&rt=nc

All the other key books like WD 19 (1st Michonne) is jumping as well and expected to reach 400.00-500.00 soon.

http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?_sac...&_nkw=walking dead 19 cgc&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

It's all due to the show for the most part. Once the show fizzles out, we'll most likely see them come down in value. In the mean time you can pick up a set of Trades for about 100.00-150.00...cheaper if you got a used book store.

14. Jersey_Dixon

Jersey_Dixon Member

Nothing against the comic, but they are hardly worth those price tags. I've been reading them, and in my opinion, are lackluster. I find myself skimming through most of them. Getting to the parts about the characters I actually like. I don't know if it's because I saw the show first or what, but the comic just isn't doing it for me. It's alright as far as a comic goes, but nothing too amazing to me.

15. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

Collectibles are just that... Collectibles. They really are only worth what somebody is willing to pay. Sure you wont buy them for $1000, but there are people willing to. I am seriously considering selling mine during season 3 when Michonne shows up, since I feel that the price of a lot of them will jump along with her's jumping. I'll take the money, buy the TPBs, and throw money at the house or towards my motorcycle.

16. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

Supply and Demand.

TWD was/is put out by a smaller independent conic company with small print runs. It's been a while but I believe WD1 only had a print run of 7,000-10,000. This sounds a lot but not when you compare it to say Batman or Spriderman whos titles have a print run of 60,000 or more...some Maveral and DC titles have seen 170,000 prints. So there really isn't a huge shortage in books for those titles when ever they make the next Spiderman or Batman movie. The WD on the other has spawned a whole new fan base and fewer than 10,000 original copies to spread around.

17. Jersey_Dixon

Jersey_Dixon Member

I understand how comics work, my late Uncle was really into it. I really wish I could have gotten to his stash before my idiot grandmother threw them all away.

I've never been a big comic book fan myself, which also leads to me scratching my head about why people are forking over these prices. I understand it's there passion, BUT DAMN. I collect video games myself, as well as action figures. But, even that comes down to only what I like. I don't have to have everything.

However, if you can sell these things for big money, more power to ya. I don't fault anyone for making money.

18. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

People need hobbies and every hobby has it's low and high sides. Example, you collect video games. Well you can buy common NES games for 5.00-20.00 all day long but a NES Stadium Events could set you back 500.00 or more. I wouldn't spend that much on a console game but then again, it's not my hobby (not anymore anyways).

http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?_sac...0&_nkw=NES Stadium Events&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

200.00-400.00 for Calton 6-1

http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?_sac...0&_nkw=Caltron 6-in-1 NES&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

#18 SVTRay, Mar 18, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  19. Jersey_Dixon

Jersey_Dixon Member

I wouldn't spend that much for a video game either. To me, collecting and doing a hobby are two different things. I draw, write, and PLAY video games. I consider those hobbies. I collect video games (that I end up playing) and action figures.

20. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

Ya, I've seen some of your drawings and their really good. I'm lucky if I could draw s stick figure lol

Anyhow, I used to collect and play games but I just don't have the time for it anymore.

Edited: I haven't bought an action figure in the last 10 years but I actually have a nice Star Wars collection my mother bought me when I was a kid back when the show first came out.

#20 SVTRay, Mar 18, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2012