Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Sex in TWD comic is Hilarious

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Comic Spoilers' started by GreekSalads, Feb 27, 2012.

1. andrea

andrea Member

I know if can seem corny but all the relationship business is probably pretty realistic. For one thing, when the world goes to shit there is the desire to hang on to anything you can. But it is also a part of human nature. I'm not saying everyone greives this way, but there are studies on people having more sex after funerals just because of the emotion involved. Add to that all of the testosterone and adreneline, these people are pretty hopped up on life all the time, and that makes you frisky. It may seem soap opera like to include it in the comic, but to leave out this element of the human drama would be unrealistic. This comic is just as much, if not more, about the human relationships and drama than it is about zombies.

2. Misfit

Misfit Active Member

You present a good topic. However, after reading your post, why did you use the word "hilarious" in the thread title? You seem to think it's anything but.

3. Axel

Axel Well-Known Member

I, too, was wondering about the use of the word 'hilarious'. But I completely agree with the rest of your post Andrea. :)

4. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

Oh? This thread was one of my earlier posts in this forum, I probably didn't know what the hell I was talking about. I re-read this entire thread. Well, it sounded like I was high.

5. Axel

Axel Well-Known Member

Hahaha brilliant!!

6. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

To be fair.....sex in general is hilarious when you think about it....

7. RickGrimes

RickGrimes New Member

Sophia is dead. Jerk!

8. Misfit

Misfit Active Member

True. It's one reason why I'd rather not think about it. Heh.

9. Negan

Negan Active Member

[​IMG]

10. Franklin

Franklin Member

For legal reasons the kids will not be shown doing it.

As a black man I find this offensive. Why is anger so associated with African Americans? Any reasonable person would had been upset about this situation. This isn't a typical black guy moment. Tyreese did what any father or parent would do. A person's race does not determine how they behave as a father. Any parent would had attacked the boyfriend after killing his daughter.

11. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

I agree. I'm not black and I don't have kids. But you better believe that if I was in Tyreese's position I would've done the same thing.

12. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

I would've done worse. :p

13. GreekSalads

I hope you think I am not a racist but it's seems like the media portrayal of black people when they get all angry. I don't think black people are like that in real life, it's just a stereotype that you may see in a lot of movies and shit. So sorry if I said something that offended, I think I should have re-worded it. I also posted this a while ago so this thread didn't really make sense to begin with.

14. shoot-to-kill

shoot-to-kill Member

I think the sex scenes in the comic really are funny. For instance, take the scene where Glenn and Maggie had sex in the barber shop chair. I couldn't stop laughing as I was reading it. The dialogue (sp?) alone had me cracking up.

15. Shonen

Shonen Member

How come people can have sex so much times in this series without condoms yet fail to get pregnant soon after. For example Tyrese and Carol had sex so many times yet you never hear about Carol getting pregnant despite the lack of protection on Tyrese part.

16. Mark Jardine

Mark Jardine Member

Sure there's a lot of sex but i think its a justifiable amount imagine you and about 10 males and 10 females are in a prison and for all you know you are a few of the last people on earth and you could die any day and you have no real form of entertainment apart from what you find in the prision (off the top of my head i can only think of basketball that they find to do in the comics). You cant tell me you dont think people will be banging left right and center :L

17. Aaron Isaacs

Aaron Isaacs New Member

if you think about it though, i think there would be lots of sex in a real situation like that too. US HUMANS ARE ANIMALS LOL

18. Cal_For_Carol

Cal_For_Carol Member

You think it's corny in the comics? You've seen the TV show right?

(Never read the comics btw)

But you did see Andrea put her hand on Shane's crotch then do that smile didn't you? That's laugheable.

19. Donnnn

Donnnn Well-Known Member

I lol'd

20. GreekSalads

Because it's fiction. You think Kirkman has time to write a condom scene in the comic? Maybe Charlie Adlard could do some product placement artwork.

TROJAN CONDOMS : SURVIVOR

GET HORNY IN THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE.

Or how about every issue where a character has sex, we could replace the letter hacks on the back page with a sponsored condom ad.

But in the TV show, Glenn holding a box of condoms never gave me the urge to purchase any.