Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Sexual Predators

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Lindigo, Oct 31, 2017.

1. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

The last time this happened, his bodyguards said he consistently pulled the underage girls backstage at his concerts. Some of his “Pets” that came forward last year said he started “training” them at a very early age. I dont know how he went so long. This wasn’t a secret.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Yeah it's very puzzling, and troubling, how this has largely been ignored for years.

3. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I can believe that Avenatti's back in the news. The guy's like ivy.

4. PepperAnn

He’s the new Gloria Allred.

5. Morgotha

A very, very greasy version of Allred.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I wish the media would just stop focusing attention on Avenatti. No one cares what that con man has to say.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. tink

tink Well-Known Member

In this case though it was Avenatti who put forward the tape that may be enough to bring down R. Kelly, so for this one time I'm not annoyed hearing from him.

8. PepperAnn

AGREED!!!!! 100000%

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Morgotha

If he actually does his job as a lawyer, more power to him. If it ends up the case gets thrown out because he made it about him and not the victims.... not so much.

Like you say though, for now he's doing the public a service.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Avenatti doesn't annoy me. He's just taking advantage of the high profile free publicity so he can get more cases. And it worked--someone came straight to him with his attack dog personality and known ability to hit the airwaves. Sometimes that's who you need.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lindigo

R. Kelly has been indicted.

• Winner Winner x 2
  12. tink

tink Well-Known Member

HURRAH!!!

Hopefully he'll be convicted this time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Lindigo

Yes!!! Everyone is so hopeful. The exact language of the indictment isn't out yet.

That documentary should get the Oscar.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. PepperAnn

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Lindigo

I hope people can finally see the real Michael Jackson. Fingers crossed....

A devastating and credible ‘Leaving Neverland’ will turn you off Michael Jackson for good

It’s remarkable what happens when you take Michael Jackson out of the latest Michael Jackson scandal. Remove the usual “King of Pop” soundtrack and all that glitters, and things get so much clearer. The details are still appalling, but what we see and hear in Dan Reed’s riveting and sharply convincing four-hour documentary, “Leaving Neverland” (airing in two parts Sunday and Monday on HBO), supplies the viewer with an unexpected measure of calm. Even the outrage feels at last like the real deal, instead of the manufactured byproduct of tabloids and TMZ.

Already the talk of this year’s Sundance Film Festival, “Leaving Neverland” is the story of two men — noted pop choreographer Wade Robson, 36, and James “Jimmy” Safechuck, 41 — who each tell us, with the resolute certainty that they lacked as younger witnesses deposed and questioned in other cases, that Jackson sexually molested them when they were boys, starting in the late 1980s and early 1990s and continuing into their teenage years.

What they are talking about is not just the creepy affection, playful roughhousing and tender hand-holding we were once told was the innocent expression of love between a man (Jackson), who sacrificed his own childhood to bring joy to millions, and the star-struck boys he was thus entitled to enjoy as special pals. What we get this time are disturbing, graphic and wholly consistent accounts of the predation, grooming and rape of two children by a man who wielded considerable psychological control over everyone in his environment — including the boys’ parents.

To a certain degree, “Leaving Neverland” is potentially more devastating than even “Surviving R. Kelly,” the Lifetime documentarythat aired in January and seemed to do what a mountain of previous reporting and victim accounts could not, resulting in Kelly’s Feb. 22 arrest and charges of 10 counts of alleged criminal sexual abuse of four victims — three of them minors — dating back to 1998.

At the trial, seriousness competed with silliness. I was there the day Michael tested the judge’s patience by showing up more than an hour late, wearing fancy pajama bottoms. I was there the day Gavin Arvizo (as a child, he was referred to anonymously during the proceedings) gave an account that echoes much of what Robson and Safechuck so meticulously describe — down to the grooming techniques, sworn secrecy, sex acts and even the pet nicknames Michael gave to his special boys (Applehead, Doo-Doo Head).

One afternoon I got a seat directly behind Jackson and his parents. He was maybe 10 feet away. Usually there’s an ineffable spark when a celebrity that big is that close. But I couldn’t get a fix on his presence — mainly because there was no presence. Just powder, just bones in a suit. I remember writing down that he might as well be dead.

Then, sooner than anyone expected to publish one, there was the obituary. Co-writing it came as a kind of relief. Even in death, Michael was murder on East Coast print deadlines, always breaking his own news in the early evening as pages were closing and presses were running. As we threw together 2,000 words on his happy/sad life and career, I couldn’t help but think: At least I won’t have to write about him ever again.

Yet here we are — and with good reason. Turn off the music and listen to these men.

Leaving Neverland (four hours) airs in two parts Sunday and Monday at 8 p.m. on HBO.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/ente...9364b2ed137_story.html?utm_term=.d01de01d2ebf

(This is just the beginning and ending of the article.)

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. PepperAnn

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. PepperAnn

WEll that didn’t quite work but watch the video with gayle king.

18. Lindigo

19. PepperAnn

20. Lindigo

That's probably his habitual way of imposing himself on others, but she isn't under his spell.

I don't think she would be scared if she saw it as just an act. She did say, though, that she thinks he actually needs help, so it wasn't "just" an act. Now THAT was big of Gayle, to me. To see the horror and also the man.