Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Sexual Predators

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Lindigo, Oct 31, 2017.

1. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

2. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

So this cop in L.A. has been arrested for fondling a dead woman. It says something that the Police Protective League won't be representing him at trial. I mean, they defend cops accused of *murder*! Things aren't looking good for this man.

"
    A Los Angeles Police Department officer was arrested and charged Thursday following an investigation into allegations that he fondled a dead woman’s breasts while responding to an overdose call in October.

The alleged incident was reportedly captured on the officer's body camera.

Officer David Rojas, 27, was charged with a felony violation of state safety codes, which prohibit "having sexual contact with human remains without authority," according to a statement from the Los Angeles County district attorney's office.

The LAPD Internal Affairs Division arrested Rojas on Thursday then released him on a $20,000 bond, The Associated Press reported, citing the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department inmate locator website. He could face up to three years in state prison if convicted.

The Los Angeles Police Protective League, the union that usually provides legal counsel for the LAPD's 10,000 members, released a statement saying it would not defend Rojas in any criminal proceedings."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/lapd-officer-charged-arrested-fondling-dead-woman-david-rojas

3. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. Morgotha

5. PepperAnn

Have they said yet WHO staged it? When I read about this this morning, I got the feeling they were both in on it. Maybe not...

6. Morgotha

No, I haven't heard, but my suspicion would be the girl and her older boyfriend. I can't believe the mother would be in on it, what would she have to gain?

7. PepperAnn

Money maybe?

8. Morgotha

Maybe... like if they planned to make a 'go fund me' or 'help needed' webpage of some kind and planned on stealing the money from it? I think I'd rather believe it was an attention-seeking high school girl and her deadbeat boyfriend.

9. PepperAnn

Probably. Which is horrible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Did anyone else watch episodes 1 and 2 from last night?

I was a little worried at the first half of e1 since it was all about Kelly's own abuse and seemed to be pushing the excuse that he was a victim, but thankfully that wasn't the case.

I was pretty horrified by what they've done to the women survivors though, to try to shut them up and damage their reputations.

11. PepperAnn

*runs to on demand*

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. PepperAnn

Well crap it’s not there yet.

13. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Luckily it was still set to automatically record on my DVD or I would have missed it too. Two more episodes tonight, then one more (2-hour) episodes tomorrow.

14. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Last night's episodes are repeating before the new ones tonight.

15. Lindigo

AHHHH. I'm even missing it on the rerun. Aggravation. DVR is set now. Thanks, tink.

16. PepperAnn

Yes!!! They’re up now. Thru episode 5.

17. Morgotha

The largest serial rape case in British history, a man using GHB to rape and film people, basically caught by accident. Be careful who you accept drinks from!

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-50688975

18. Lindigo

I'm caught up through episode 5.

The outcome of the charges against Kelly has not yet been determined, but answers are coming in 2020.

As reported by the Chicago Tribune, Kelly’s Chicago trial has been set for April, his New York trial for May, and his Cook County trial for September. A trial for the Minnesota case has not been set. In September, NBC News reported that Kelly did not attend his initial court appearance and that prosecutor Judith Cole said that federal authorities in Illinois were “not willing to give us access to him” until that case is resolved.

Is R. Kelly In Jail?

Kelly has been in jail since July, and has not been let out on bail, as judges in Chicago and New York would have to agree to his release. According to Reuters, U.S. District Judge Ann Donnelly in New York ruled that there is substantial risk Kelly may flee the country if released.

According to the Chicago Tribune, if Kelly is found guilty in all three of the cases that are currently pending trial, he could face life in prison.

Surviving R. Kelly had an undeniably huge impact when it came to the legal action taken against Kelly, and now with Part II, the women who accuse him continue to share their stories, as well as the impact the original special had on their lives. Because they voiced their allegations, these women have faced harassment, death threats, and people questioning their parents' roles in allowing them to end up in the alleged situations with Kelly.

Part II seeks to share those stories, while Kelly’s fate still remains undetermined.

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2020/01/9133830/where-is-r-kelly-today-legal-cases-updates

19. Lindigo

Another woman has come forward to testify against Weinstein. That's all the video says, but I'm posting it because I'm used to citing to something.

20. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Whoa! I've never heard of this case until now. Where have I been, lol?

That is so disturbing. Thankfully he wasn't a full blown psycho and decided to off all of those young men. Not to say that what he did wasn't bad enough. It's horrible. I'm just glad that serial killing was not a part of this monster's twisted playbook as well.