Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

"Shane done more to keep group alive than Rick"

Discussion in 'Episode 209 - Triggerfinger' started by Syphon, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Zombie Lover

Zombie Lover Active Member

I know people say Shane is obsessed with Lori, but I'm not altogether convinced. I think he wants closure. He was ready to pack up and leave with Andrea, when Lori told him to stay. He also tried to do as Lori asked to avoid Carl, but then she accuses him of being cruel. So... Lori is really isn't allowing him to move on and is tossing him a breadcrumb here and there. What is a guy like Shane who seems to hopelessly love her supposed to think?

Yes he is drunk and puts the moves on Lori, and it is attempted Rape and that is awful and terrible, but Lori crushed him emotionally, by cutitng him off cruelly when Rick appears and also tells him to have no contact with Carl. That to me is just as terrible, especailly, when up to that point Shane had done right by her and Carl, likely saving her life, and her sons and protecting her worthless behind.

People don't switch love on and off. If Shane truly loves Lori, he's not going to suddenly drop it instantly. Maybe eventually he would become convinced she doesn't like him... If LORI WOULD LET HIM Go.

Finally, I'm not sure why Lori wants to spill the beans about Otis. If Shane hadn't killed Otis, her son Carl wouldn't be alive. If she is so upset at what Shane did, she needed to get off her boney butt and pitch in. But instead she believes instantly what Dale says over her ex-lover, and yet doesn't consider what situation Shane was in. IT wasn't that Shane went there to deliberatly kill Otis. It was Otis or Shane. I'm sure if it were Lori's choice, she'd have killed Otis too.

2. jacobmarley

jacobmarley Member

Yep. I agree that if he could control himself, he would be useful. It looks to me though that the writers are heading toward him self destructing and his demise. I will miss Jon Bernthal if that happens though. I think he's great for the show. And if you ask my wife, she thinks he's great for the show especially when he takes his shirt off. ;)

3. jacobmarley

jacobmarley Member

Greyone, for me it's not really an issue of what the members in the group are thinking as much as what the viewers are aware of. In the show, each individual might not be aware of all of what's going on. But mini and maxi dramas are being created by Shane that are threatening to tear the group apart, or have risked their lives or safe harbor. (Lori, Hershel, the barn...) Andrea kind of hit it on the head last week. He's not always wrong, but he would make more friends if he wasn't such a dick.

But yeah, Dale... Well, I think some of Dale's reasons for his dislike of Shane are fairly apparent. I think others are more subtle. On the obvious side, Shane pointing a gun at Rick and considering killing him; and feeling that Shane is pulling Andrea to the "dark side". On a more subtle side...well I might be reading in there, having read the comics. ;)

4. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

I agree with you. Feelings just don't end like that. Which leads me to believe that Lori didn't have any other feelings for Shane than those of self preservation. I think she used him and when Rick came back she dropped him like a hot rock.

5. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

I agree and perhaps in some ways, Shane's wondering about that too and the thought of it is making him even worse.

6. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

Right. Even if he wasn't obsessed with her, he at least feels that he loves her. Mr Greyone also brought up some excellent points about how Shane was living for this woman, as her and Carl were all he had left, and the ways that military men overseas carry pictures of their wives and girlfriends. Well for Shane it must be like he had his world swept from out from under his feet and his picture destroyed so to speak.
    Because she is a sick in the head woman that's why. I don't blame her for voicing her complaints about Shane cornering her for discussions to her husband or concerns per-see. But she is definitely not just doing that, she is trying to manipulate into some kind of show down.

7. boutte

boutte Active Member

There is no structure, no one is designated as being in authority and there are no ironclad rules. All these factors were present Pre-ZA. They kept him in line and provided the moral compass he seems to lack internally. I really do think he's a sociopath.

8. Greyone

Greyone Member

Could be...very well could be.

In any crisis situation it is imperative that someone assume-quickly- the role of leadership. Whether that be for a group trapped in an elevator, a small platoon of soldiers marooned in country, a band of survivors following natural disaster, or a group of the living in the ZA. People generally look to a uniform (this has been subconsciously drummed into most- studies have shown the UPS guy in brown can take charge more quickly than a retired 30yr Army vet in golf clothes) but in this particular case the two former police officers are compromised. And there is no one else. So our band is in serious trouble.

Again, Daryl may be smart enough to figure this out (perhaps w/out even really knowing what he's figuring out. But I doubt the writers are taking that tack and most likely are going with a more made-for-dramatic-television story arc. It will be maddening and I fully expect the rest of this season and possibly next to be more interesting here in the forum than on the screen. Though I think many of the other posters will be entertained.

9. Howard33

Howard33 Member

It's really very simple...

In Shane's world, everyone is expendable. Eventually even Lori and Carl if it meant his ultimate survival.

In Rick's world you at least have a chance.

10. Canadian36

Canadian36 Member

I get the feeling as if there might be a stand off between shanes team which will be Andrea and that new boy, against shanes teach which is most of the rest.

11. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

Nah! Shane was the one that started shooting at him. Rick doesn't seem to like the new boy much either. I doubt he will find his way on any one's team.

12. marsyao

marsyao Member

Now we know Randall's group has about 30 people

13. Crazydwarf

Crazydwarf Member

I missed this, how/when is this learned ?

14. Syphon

Syphon Member

In a promo. He forgot to put spoiler tags =/

15. Crazydwarf

Crazydwarf Member

Ah I see.
    I don't mind reading the comics as they deviate sufficently, two versions of the same:ish story.
    But I generally avoid the previews and such.

16. Lewk00t

Lewk00t Active Member

This.

17. Nachtbringer

Nachtbringer Member

I will always think Shane is superior of Rick :Grin:

18. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

Except for the not staying alive part :D.

19. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

If Shane is so much better than Rick why is he dead?

20. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

oh god here we go again.... LOL