Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Shane in this episode

Discussion in 'Episode 207 - Pretty Much Dead Already' started by Lucky, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Lucky

Lucky Member

He seemed to lose control a little. How do you think the group will relate to him in future episodes.

2. Walker97

Walker97 Active Member

He will be killed by someone...

3. EternalWreckage

EternalWreckage Active Member

^Most likely..... unfortunately.

4. Loc

Loc Administrator
    Staff Member

You know I wanna hate shane but the actor that plays him is just so good at what he does. I really hope he doesn't get kill off.

5. Lucky

Lucky Member

Agreed. He makes the show more interesting because he is so unstable.

6. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

I wonder if Shane is going to try to break the group up. It seems to me like if he said he was leaving and asked those that were going to come on, Andrea would be about the only one walking out with him.

7. z0mbi3 k1ng

z0mbi3 k1ng Member

I don't think Shane is unstable at all.

Consider the world he's living in and it makes more sense. If I had to pick someone for my traveling group from among the cast members, he's the man hands down.

8. JFB_JP

JFB_JP Member

Shane is the guy you love to hate. A lot of shows have them... some are just a tad crazier than others.

9. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

As much as I can't stand Shane and never could....I just could not feel too angry at him for what he did this time around. It's like I could understand what he did, and why he did it. Plus if it wasn't for him going berserk like that, Sophie still would have been hidden in the bowels of the barn and maybe next time some one went looking for her, they would have been killed for it. Of course if Lori knew how to speak to people she slept with in the past like humans, he may not have gotten so riled up and done what he did.

10. Roman'sRevenge

Roman'sRevenge Active Member

I still hate Shane and this one for me just proved it. If someone offed him I don't see it as a big loss. Daryl is still part of the group has anger issues. Hell slicing off walkers ears and wearing as a necklace? Shane replacement solved. I hate Shane for this reason as I always have. For being a so called friend to Rick - the man talks out of school when Rick isn't around saying he isn't built for this world. Really being robotic and the loss of one's own humanity is a better man.Wow. Putting your best friend in the sight of a gun and holding it there until you are caught and have some lame ass excuse. Jealousy over same said best friend because he comes back from a coma and becomes leader of the group because he is better at it than some irrational and arrogant.Wanting to hold on to Best friends' wife and child even though he has returned and they were never his to begin with. Yes I hate Lori just as much or more so for the way she treats Rick and he deserves so much better but he loves his wife. Why couldn't Shane step up and say he was banging his best friends' wife instead of the wife having to say. Equal blame on that one. The only way to survive in a group is work together and not cause dissension in it because Shane can't have what he wants and his way.He is an unhinged borderline rapist and maniac. Not needed for the group or this world.

#10 Roman'sRevenge, Nov 28, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  11. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

Well said Roman and I totally agree. however I still can understand the events that unfolded albeit he put everyone at risk by opening the door.

12. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

Hawaiian Shirt Zombie Active Member

Makes for some damn good drama doesn't it? And Jon Bernthal knocked this bitch OUT OF THE PARK!!! His acting skills are simply stellar and will be tremendously missed and hard-pressed to recapture if he ever departs.

13. ldncalling

ldncalling Member

I think Shane (well, Jon) is great and it will be a shame when/if he goes. Even though he went too far at the end I thought it was good how it was built up - aside from the Lori & Dale factors the main catalyst to me appeared to be the timing of them coming out of the woods with the Walkers. If they hadn't had arrived at that time would the others have followed? I even to some extent think t was a good idea of Shane to shoot the first walker to show that they were not just ill but dead - opening the barn door however was going too far and forced everyone else's hand. That said, would've been a bit anti-climatic if after shooting the first walker he'd put down his gun and said 'you're right, let's chat about it', lol. Great episode.

14. z0mbi3 k1ng

z0mbi3 k1ng Member

I approve of his decision to open the barn door. Anyone who wouldn't shoot them is unfit for survival.

15. toby85

toby85 New Member

I second that observation. Shane is the most rational member of the group because he takes security and survival seriously. Anyone who's served in the infantry knows, your NCO may be a real dick but he may still have better common sense than the CO.

16. jacobmarley

jacobmarley Member

I disagree. Shane is an angry, violent idiot. If you want to kill the walkers in the barn, go ahead. But rather than screaming like a moron and thumping your chest, then pulling the barn door open, endangering everyone outside, why not calmly climb up into the loft and shoot them with the crossbow at your leisure? Also that way it won't draw more walkers with your gunfire. Problem is, Shane doesn't think.

17. k260

k260 New Member

You obviously lack reasoning and dont anticipate every scenario. What if there was a group of walkers near by that could hear the gun firing?

18. z0mbi3 k1ng

z0mbi3 k1ng Member

All indications have been that the farm isn't overrun with walkers. They're slow movers, not sprinters like the crazies in 28 Days Later. The danger in a chase with them (as Rick noted at the start of the Sophia saga) is that they don't become winded.

They also tend to herd. If there were a bunch of walkers around, they wouldn't be hiding out waiting for loud noises.

The barn is in a clearing and any approaching walkers could be seen from hundreds of yards away.

And besides, considering there were already 20+ walkers corralled in the barn, trying not to attract the attention of walkers would have been a pretty idiotic consideration at the time.

19. k260

k260 New Member

doesnt change the fact that massive gun fires MIGHT attract a group of walkers IF they were around. Better to be safe than sorry? Shane did out of emotion and anger, not for the benefit of the group. All his past actions and intend are selfish - mainly to protect the people (lori and the kid) he cares about, not for the sake of everyone. There are better ways to handle the walkers in the barn then open up the barn and then massacre the guy's family who gave them shelter. Shane obviously didnt take it in consideration of that old guy ( forgot his name) feelings. He dont care for anyone but himself and his needs ( Lori ). Shane was so easily killing the walkers but when sophie came out, he was stunned. He couldnt kill her because HE knew her but he could so easily killed the "old dude" family. Typical trash.

20. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

He didn't know for sure how many was in there. He peaked in through a crack in the door. He had no way of knowing if one or a few could have straggled away and gotten some one. He was the one being chased at the school, he knows how quick they can be when they want to.
    If they were nothing to worry about, then why was he the first in the woods to warn the rest not to shoot off their guns if they encountered zombies? The problem is, you have no way of knowing where they are, and it's careless to guess. Shane knows this. But his upset with Lori clouded his judgment.
    Yeah and in the meantime cause the only place that they know is relatively safe to become unsafe and be forced to leave...yeah...real smooth move. lol
    How is it idiotic to try not to attract the attention of walkers in the wild that are a real threat? Ya know, the ones that they should have saved their bullet supply for, rather than wasting it on contained walkers if possible.