Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Shane & Lori Scene

Discussion in 'Episode 106 - TS-19' started by ShaneFan946, May 5, 2012.

Tags:
  1. ShaneFan946

ShaneFan946 Active Member

i re-watched episode 6 the other day.

i dont mean to offend anyone or start an argument. but after re-watching the infamous "rape" scene i have to say....

it wasnt that bad....

shane was clearly 100% drunk....also shane kissed lori for under 5 seconds and only grabbed her snatch, before lori scratched him. and yes this would be totally WACK if they were 2 strangers or if they were just friends......but 1-2 days earlier they got it on in the forrest.

so IMO the scene wasnt that bad, and doesnt condemn shane as an evil man at all. it was barley anything and lori just kept treating shane like shit and wouldnt talk to him. plus shane was crazy drunk.

Like shane said - it was a mistake. and everyone makes mistakes

2. BrokenAngel

BrokenAngel Active Member

This was said in another thread by me or maybe Roman. Zero tolerance and zero excuse for attempted rape or rape. It doesn't matter if it is a one night stand or boyfriend/girlfriend or for that matter husband and wife. Zero justification. When a woman says no and struggles and fights with a man who is forcing himself on her. It is just plain wrong. Doesn't matter how many times a couple have had sex if the woman isn't into it then the man is forcing her to have sex against her will.Or if the man has a lame ass excuse as being drunk or mixed signals. Clear.

3. ShaneFan946

ehh idk. what about the woman who filed a rape charge against her husband for having sex with her on their wedding night.....idk shane barley did anything. he kissed her like 1 time. so if a guy gets the wrong signal during a date and goes in for the kiss but the woman didnt want the kiss....than thats a rape? lol come on thats a bit extreme. plus it was 1 day earlier when shane and lori got it on and lori was ****ing with his emotions. it was like a 3 second kiss NBD in my book, i mean it is a TV show.

i think i honestly have gotten worse from one of my semi-gay friends lol....he was like on top of me one top of me one time for 10 seconds and wouldnt go away when i told him too. that was worse than what shane did to lori by far

4. BrokenAngel

One more time. It doesn't matter if it is a husband with his wife. If she wasn't into at the time or he was pressuring or forcing her to have sex and she didn't want to? That sir is rape. Anymore if a woman doesn't want or is in the mood to be kissed or anything else that is her right to say no and not interested. Even how a woman dresses - blame Madonna- doesn't give a man the right to try and pursue her or think she is easy. Clear.

5. ShaneFan946

i agree....the thing is, shane DID NOT rape lori and only kissed her for 3 seconds. your making it sound like he full out raped her. the fact is, he didnt. he kissed her for 3 seconds and that is a mistake and not rape. unless you are saying every kiss that happens in dates that a woman doesnt necessarily want is a rape. its never happened to me, but ive seen it all the time on movies. where the nerdy guy goes in for the kiss on the girl and kisses her but then she didnt want the kiss. thats not a rape im sorry its just not....its a mistake

6. BrokenAngel

With Shane it was attempted rape. One more time sir. He kissed her and grabbed her between the legs doing so against her will. She told him to stop and telling him no repeatedly. What does he say " you love me and want this". What he did and what he said were not mistakes. Sir. Drunk or confused. Wrong and he should have known better.

7. ShaneFan946

it was only 3 seconds though.....its not like something PREVENTED shane from raping lori. he stopped because he wanted too....so thats not attempted.

anyways. slightly off topic. i'm just curious as to what you think about this question.

- if you were in control of twd. what would you have done to shane after the incident with lori? like have him killed, kicked out of the group, punished, nothing, ect.

im just curious. you dont have to answer if you dont wanna

8. BrokenAngel

No! Shane didn't stop because he wanted to. He stopped because Lori scratched him.Attempted rape. Sir. I would have punished him. Had he not stopped then I would have killed him.

9. ShaneFan946

so are you saying that the scratch injured shane to the point that he couldnt "Rape" even though he "still wanted to" im sorry that makes no sense what-so ever. again if shane wanted to rape lori a little scratch wouldnt have stopped him....

and im talking about after the fact. should lori have told rick and then they tortured shane to death or something for being so evil?

10. Zansurai

Zansurai Member

Zero tolerance for rape.

11. ShaneFan946

I agree. But this - clearly - wasnt rape. it was kissing for about 3 seconds i dont classify that as rape. not even close. i have had worse happen to me and i didnt even think of considering it rape

12. Zansurai

Zansurai Member

But Shane did try to put his hand up Loris nightgown. That's atleast attempted rape.
    And Ive had plenty of unwanted advances though I usual give in lol

13. BrokenAngel

Yes Lori should have told Rick after it happened. I would have loved for Rick to have given Shane a beatdown for it.Now any husband that found out that his wife was almost raped or raped would have put her attacker in the ground. Fact. If I was in the same situation as Lori.And I told my man or he found out what happened he would have put him in the ground. Fact.

14. ShaneFan946

well.....rick could try.....lol.

idk its a weird situation. cant think of it like a married woman and some random creep. they had a relationship for months and lori just stopped talking to him and blamed him for "lying" about rick. the situation is way more complex than that. I'm not defending shanes actions. im just accepting the fact that the situation is way more complex than any of us have been in and its not as clear cut as yall are making it seem.

I guess i can easily forgive. because shane made a mistake for 3 seconds.....doesnt seem like that big of a deal IMO. obviously it was wrong but strange things happen when you mix heavy emotions plus being drunk.

ive let emotions get the better of me a few times, and ive done things i regret. we all have. i mean if someone says sorry and it was a mistake. then i would trust them. but if they did it a 2nd time then thats a different story. but 1 time then showing extreme regret and not attempting it again then im going to forgive the person. Also im sure being drunk had a LOT to do with it because shane never tried that on lori when he was sober.

15. Roman'sRevenge

Roman'sRevenge Active Member

It isn't complex or complicated. Scenario for you - A woman ended a relationship recently that lasted maybe six months give or take. She finally started seeing someone else and got involved with this other man. The ex shows up at her place wanting to just see her and talk with her. He is already in not a good state - drinking emotionally upset - hurting- and angry that she ended things with him. Knowing they weren't getting a long and he is a LEO. He kisses her and she pushes him away things become heated and he forces himself on her doesn't stop and rapes her. Not the first time he has gotten rough with her sexually. This is part of the reason the relationship ended. After she is upset and he leaves later realizing what he did calls her by phone and begs her forgiveness and said it was a mistake and says the drinking and he wasn't thinking clearly caused it. No! That is a cop out and coward 's way out. Trying not get blamed or play victim. Wrong! Sorry drinking and being emotionally upset is no excuse. Zero reasoning for attempted rape or rape of a woman. So saying Shane made a mistake because he was drunk and emotionally upset and angry is a cop out and coward's way and denial of what he tried to do.

16. ShaneFan946

shane didnt rape lori though. im not sure if you watched the whole scene. he kissed her for 3 seconds. thats a fact. you must be imagining that he raped her because he clearly didnt.

and yes this is 100% more complex

-it's ZA everyone is dead. most people shane once knew were dead
    -Shane was a father and husband to lori and carl and all he had to live for was stripped away
    -guilt from his friend being alive when shane thought he was dead. plus being tossed away like a used towel and was told to stay away from rick, carl, and lori for no reason.
    -the group was just attacked at camp the day before and they lost a lot of group members
    -shane was very drunk

i mean that is very complex and to say it isnt is just being ignorant.

i mean does 3 seconds of slightly bad cancel out all the good shane has done?

17. Roman'sRevenge

Roman'sRevenge Active Member

Again. Not complex or complicated. It doesn't matter the situation. Pre - ZA or ZA. I don't give a **** what poor Shane went through. The attempted act or act of rape is not tolerated or any justification for it. That is like a man hitting or striking a woman and making excuses for why he did. Stress drunk upset whatever. Blaming her for what and why it happened. Sorry but a real man does not force himself on a woman. Doesn't matter if it was 3 seconds or 3 hours. Just wrong. And if the man's wife or boyfriend saw the act or heard about what happened. That man that tried or did the deed would be dead. Fact.

#17 Roman'sRevenge, May 6, 2012
    Last edited: May 6, 2012
  18. Zansurai

Zansurai Member

He did more than try to kiss her. He attempted to put his hand up her gown and grope her.
    There is NO excuse for that. Drunk or not, he knows better than that.

19. ShaneFan946

yeah but he should be killed for it. its 1 mistake we all make mistakes. 3 seconds = nothing in my book. ive seen a lot worse. i mean obviously i can see the hate if shane did rape her, and obviously i wouldnt be a fan of his if he did. but he didnt weather you like it or not. he kissed her for 3 seconds in my book thats forgivable. especially because of all the good he has done.

i mean imagine having a family being taken away from you and you dont even get to talk about it. what lori did to shane is 100x worse than what shane did to lori for 3 seconds. how would you feel if someone took away your significant other and foster son....i would be pretty upset. it is complicated because its ZA and rick was "dead" in a coma then all of a sudden comes back to life. something like that has never and will never happen in reality. so its beyond any of our understanding. again saying its not complex is just being ignorant

20. Zansurai

Zansurai Member

It dosen't matter if it happens in reality.
    He still attempted to rape her, it is never okay to rape someone. It's not Ricks fault that he survived and found them. And Rick was with Lori before Shane. Saying that it was Shanes partner is silly, Rick and Lori have been married before her one night stand with Shane. It's Ricks wife and child, If Rick didn't come back then Lori would still be with Shane but the fact is that He did come back and that is his wife and son.