Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Shane/Otis Poll

Discussion in 'Episode 203 - Save the Last One' started by fatbrett2, Nov 1, 2011.

?

Would you push the fat guy?

Poll closed Nov 15, 2011.
  1. Yes - push the fatty.

41.7%
  2. No - it is wrong to kill someone, even to save others.

58.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SavetheLast_1

SavetheLast_1 Member

Personally, I wouldn't be able to do it. Sitting here, reading the scenario, yea, I would push the fat guy, but in real life I know I wouldn't be able to process everything that quickly. I'd also be too afraid to make that decision to kill a man, even if it meant saving others.

2. Lucky

Lucky Member

What Shane did was wrong but also smart and maybe necessary, it is hard to say whether he did the right thing or not. I see both sides of the argument. I don't think I'd be able to do it though.

3. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

4. SavetheLast_1

SavetheLast_1 Member

ROFLLLLL omg that pic is hilarious........lolllll

5. daggxthedark

daggxthedark Member

personally i wouldnt have killed him, i wouldnt be able to kill i guess, but i think shane did the right thing the only thing that was to do no matter how hard would have be

6. daggxthedark

daggxthedark Member

jajaja, awesome photo, very fun

7. PhenomChriso

PhenomChriso Member

Personally I couldn't kill a guy either way. And as someone has said, they were rolling around on floor for ages. Could have easily escaped lol.
    I know people are going to argue this but if Shane DID have to do what he did, why did he not kill Otis straight up with a shot to the head. Instead Otis had to suffer a gun shot and being ripped to pieces.
    I know the argument is that Zombies are more likely going to go for him if he is alive and squirming, but if someone they were chasing suddenly dropped to the floor, I think they would still go to eat him because he hasn't had a chance to rot yet.

Just my personal opinion. Anyone want to give me an explanation? :p

8. HisMrs

HisMrs Member

This is my biggest reason for having such an issue with how Otis died. If Shane really did have to kill Otis so he could get the medical supplies back for Carl, then fine. But why make him suffer so horribly? Shane was twisted.

9. ShaneFan946

ShaneFan946 Active Member

WTF lmao 100% different situation.....otis isnt a little 5 year old girl lol and its not just shane and otis' life on the line....its shane,otis, carls, possibly rick and lori and possibly the whole group without ricks leadership. shane made 100% the right call....would the honorable thing to do would be to let the zombies eat you and otis, carl dies, rick/lori go crazy or maybe commit suicide, the group breaks down and everything turns to chaos?

**** NO

Shane did the heroic thing, saved the little boy, saved himself so he could save others in the future (which he did) and kept the whole group sane and together.

fact is, in terms of value

carl & shane >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> otis

is otis gona save you in the future?

**** NO

the ONLY reason otis went in the 1st place is because he shot carl....if he didnt shoot carl he WOULD NOT HAVE GONE TO THE SHOOL. while on the other hand SHANE would have done ANYTHING to save carl NO MATTER WHAT....

I cant believe this is even a debate lol shane did 100000000% the right thing, and i would hope that in ZA my friend would do the same for my son...

10. ShaneFan946

zombies are attracted to sound and movement....if shane shot otis in the head or something then the zombies would still be chasing shane and otis' sacrifice would be POINTLESS... im sure you realized from the show that shane was doing this for survival for him and his group members. he wasnt doing it out of hate for otis or trying to hurt him.....he even saved otis' life like 2 times while they were in the school, so he obviously only killed otis because he HAD TO

11. Lonesome Lurker

Lonesome Lurker Active Member

No, the man is innocent and I wouldn't kill a man that had done nothing wrong. What happens to the 10 other people is beyond my control.

12. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

I don't think evicfinite was claiming that Otis was the "5 year old girl". The way I read it, which was his response to the post author would render the 5 year old girl as being Carl, the one that dies unless an adult dies to save them. In other words, it was the poster's creative way of agreeing with what happened, but you yelled at them about it. :p

13. Lonesome Lurker

Nothing new, right?

14. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

By the way, how disrespectful to call Otis "fat guy" or "fatty"?

I know it's only a character, but anyway...

Otis was for me was a hero and he shouldn't have died like that. It was betrayal. Plain and simple. I wouldn't be able to do it.

15. ShaneFan946

same i probably wouldnt be able to do it.....but thats what makes shane a hero in my eyes.....he was able to do something for the greater good that took extreme courage to do.....its not easy to take a mans life.

but when its 1 death vs 3+ deaths......and shane offered to stay behind......i dont see how that makes him evil at all...and clearly he wasnt doing it for himself

16. ShaneFan946

no, you have control to save the little boy's life. and otis is not innoscent.....if you run over someone in a car by accident, you are still guilty of manslaughter am i right? otis is a semi-hero.....i would have called him a hero but he tried to kill shane and stop him by any means necessary....let the man go and save the boy....

17. Lonesome Lurker

He tried to kill shane? When? Maybe in means of reaction to Shane shooting Otis in the leg and leaving him for bait.

18. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

You must be referring to Otis's reaction after Shane shot Otis in the leg. That my friend, is the type of reaction that you would see in a person that is panicking for their life and is in the process of dying, and having zombies approach to tear at his flesh. You would do it, everyone would do it. Even if you don't think you'd do it, in the safety of your home, you'd be surprised at what the fight or flight chemicals will do, especially when some one is dying a painful miserable death. This is far different than some one plotting a murder, or having the full intentions of killing some one, and should not even be compared as such. As I recall, Shane was cornered by zombies and doomed at the school after he jumped from the window. Would have been the end of Shane, had Otis not approached and shot the zombies that were moving in on Shane. Maybe Otis should have just thought like Shane and ran to safety with the portable ventilator, leaving Shane busy in that corner with the zombies; that was his biggest mistake, not thinking like Shane.

19. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

Heroes DO NOT;
    Attempt rape
    Attempt murder
    Murder
    It is that simple.

20. ShaneFan946

i guess in this debate we're just going to forget about when shane shot out the doors to the school to save him & otis....and i guess we are also forgetting shane shooting the walker that knocked otis down and was going to eat him???

idc makes no sense otis is a hero for trying to kill shane for revenge but shane is a villain for only killing for survival or himself and his whole group?

otis was trash....i think its funny how people are blind to the facts that

1. otis shot carl
    2. otis tried to kill shane
    3. otis only went to the school to help because he shot carl - if someone else shot carl, otis would sit his fat ass on the couch
    4. shane would go out time and time again to save lori or carl