Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Shane Walsh

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead TV Characters' started by Walker Shane, Dec 3, 2012.

1. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

I found it!!! This video gave me the feels for Shane...his friendship with Rick...everything that went down with him and Lori...how Shane tried to do the right thing by Lori, Shane, and Carl...what Rick learned from Shane after all this time....I can go on and on...but watch and share your thoughts!
    @Ionut @Shane357 @Zvivor @Nachtbringer (Please tag anyone else that I may've forgotten!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbS3Kn1Eu8I

#1161 ShaneFan, Nov 29, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Nachtbringer

Nachtbringer Member

Very good video.
    "Simon is my right hand man, you have one?" is really sad.
    I wish TWD would be able to get some good drama in the show again. Like maybe Carl, Daryl or Carol becomes something like an antagonist over the course of the next season.

I only watch in german. I tried to watch in english but some parts are hard to understand.
    Only thing I dont like in german version is The Governors voice, much deaper in english and better fitting.

EDIT: btw this is a slight foreshadowing of Otis/Shane escaping the zombies (0:13 - 0:17):

[video]https://youtu.be/VZp6u_pzCyw[/video]

#1162 Nachtbringer, Nov 29, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  3. ShaneFan

I agree: it's very sad. I believe Rick thinks of Shane more than ever.

I wonder if Carl will become an antagonist down the line, after the recent episode of Negan showing Carl the Sanctuary.

Can you find a video of the Governor in German? I'd love to hear it.

That's awesome that you watch the show in German and that TWD is loved by fans all over the world.

Thank you for posting the video of Otis and Shane -- you're right, it is foreshadowing. Great catch!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nachtbringer

Nachtbringer Member

Here you can find some parts:
    [video=youtube;rm324-5_YQY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm324-5_YQY[/video]

0:21
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e1uPNc1AJY

• Like Like x 1
  5. ShaneFan

[MENTION=3451]Nachtbringer[/MENTION] - thank you for posting these videos! After listening to both the German and English voice of the Governor...I like them both, but I'm so used to the English one that I tend to like it a little more. Still, it's always great to hear how these characters sound in different languages and tones of voices. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  6. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

I'm watching a few episodes in S1 & 2, and man I love how Jon Bernthal brought Shane to life on the screen. The character was so limited in the comics but the character transformation, development and personality was handled extremely well.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Kudos!

#1166 RicksdaMan, Dec 11, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  7. ShaneFan

[MENTION=115972]Negress[/MENTION] - Definitely agree. Shane is one-dimensional in the comic book, but Jon Bernthal did an amazing job in breathing life into Shane's character. The writing and his story arc are very intriguing.

8. Lilliam

Lilliam Active Member

Every time I go to the early seasons I'm amazed what a great job Jon did. Too bad he had to go so early on.

• Like Like x 2
  9. DietWater

DietWater Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  10. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

I got into TWD late and started watching in 2015. I worked my way through all of the seasons just before S6 started and there was some binge watching included in that.

I was really into S3 and 4 the most on first viewings, but a debate about Shane with [MENTION=95251]Shane357[/MENTION] prompted me to rewatch S2 and the nuance that I missed on first viewing was amazing. Bernthal of course did a great job, the character though is just so dynamic and central to the show's overall plot. On rewatch I could really relate to the character and felt empathy for him like I didn't on a first viewing, where as I saw him as a man that simply imploded and lost himself.

I wish that Shane was around in subsequent season's much like others. As [MENTION=105492]ShaneFan[/MENTION] here put -- imagine the presence that Shane could add in this war with Negan had he lived.

I'm amazed with Negan's portrayal by JDM despite some critics and the thought of Bernthal and JDM interacting -- that'd just be ****ing amazing.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Nachtbringer

Nachtbringer Member

Like the actors in the early season were much better.

[video=youtube;tz_kKrvP9v0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz_kKrvP9v0[/video]

Imagine this scene with todays actory like Father Gabriel talks with Rosita. They wouldnt even come close to this acting.

Or things like this just dont exist anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH4C6aq1FqI

I tried but I just cant understand how most people think later Seasons are far superior over early Seasons. And funny thing is, people in my surrounding all think early Seasons were the best, only in the Internet I read the contrary. Everyone of my relatives and friends stopped watching the show. Im the only one who still tries to watch it, but its one disappointment after another. The ONLY thing I like in the show at the moment is Negan.

• Like Like x 1
  12. WickedJenn

WickedJenn Active Member

I've been doing a re-watch, am now in the beginning of S3 and since I'm newer here, I wanted to comment on Shane.

Echoing similar sentiments that were recently posted, Jon Bernthal did an absolute amazing job with Shane. He played all the different sides of him so well, and his downfall from Rick's most trusted friend and partner to his adversary was done flawlessly. I feel him to be extremely underrated as an actor, and am so happy he's The Punisher on Netflix.

I found myself at times, kind of feeling bad for Shane. I honestly think his temperment got the better of him in various situations. But unfortunately his need for total control won out in the end. When he murdered Otis I was pretty shocked. I know why he did as far as Lori and Carl go, but also, I think he wanted to look like the big hero and it ended up backfiring.

I just finished the episode last night where Shane became a walker. Even now it still is saddening to see things ended up like that.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  13. ShaneFan

@WickedJenn - Thank you for your thoughts! I'm sorry I took so long to get back to this thread. I used to live in here all the time, but now I venture out more. Yes, Shane is a very interesting character -- he struggles a lot to do the right thing and he can be hot-headed at time. His downfall was heartbreaking and Jon Bernthal did a fabulous job portraying him. I'd say though...I don't think he wanted to look like the hero in regards to killing Otis to making it out alive to save Carl. I feel that yes, on one hand, he wanted to show that he does really care for Lori and Carl, but because he internalized so much of what really happened with Otis...I think Shane struggled a lot with it. He even said that Otis was the reason Carl was still alive ("He sacrificed himself.") Shane lied about it, but not necessarily to just cover for himself, but also because no one was at that place yet where they had to kill others to survive. Rick starts to slowly get to that point, as Shane plants the seeds. Anyway, thank you for posting and please come back again!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Nachtbringer

Nachtbringer Member

Shane is so fuking alpha:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. ShaneFan

He truly is! Thanks for the videos! I've seen them and love them!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. ShaneFan

@Dnae - my friend posted the same link to my FB wall today. I love it and I planned on posting it here. Thank you for thinking me and other Shane fans and for posting the link here! I greatly appreciate it! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Nachtbringer

Nachtbringer Member

This pic really got me :(

[​IMG]

btw does someone know from where this Jon Bernthal chop is? it seems he is wearing his Shane boots but with jeans?

[​IMG]

and whats up with this new forum layout?! so disorganized -.-

• Like Like x 2
  19. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

Yes, that pic was the best. No matter what issues they had - (before Shane decided on killing Rick) he would've been right next to that man when the Gov rolled up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Okay, here we are: 5 and a half seasons past Shane's death and I still love Shane, the character, and WISH there were a way for Jon Bernthal to be reincarnated into the series.
    @ShaneFan; @Shane357.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1