Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Shane's decision, I want to know your opinion

Discussion in 'Episode 202 - Bloodletting' started by AtlantaOverrun, Sep 25, 2014.

1. mrs_shanewalsh

mrs_shanewalsh New Member

I mean yeah, what he did was cruel (shooting him in the leg) but I BELIEVE he did it for a good reason. You can tell how that decision effected him later on, shaved his head, credited Otis for saving Carl... I think that showed that he felt bad (especially at the funeral).. I've seen quite a lot of panels, where people ask Jon Bernthal about this decision and his answer was "it was either him or me, and all shane wanted was to save carl's life" or something like that :p

2. Nachtbringer

Nachtbringer Member

Yeah what happened really got too him. I made a video about the scenes where you can clearly see how much Shane is in pain after killing Otis:

[video=vimeo;75084888]http://vimeo.com/75084888[/video]
    Also at the end you can see how Shane offered to stay behind but Otis refused.

But its low quality so better watch on your DvD/Bluray

3. Necrophile213

Necrophile213 Well-Known Member

Shane made the right call. Shane, Rick, amd Carl's lives were in the balance. Ricks is debatable because there is the possibility that he would have forced Hershels hand at continuing to take blood from him until it killed him to keep Carl alive. Shane assessed the situation and his chances to make it with the nasty limp he had and then looked at the guy that was responsible for them even being in the awhile mess because of carelessness and made the call. The scene didn't paint to clear of a picture as to whether or not they both could have made it. It really could have went either way. If I'm Shane in the heat of battle like that I can't say I wouldn't have done the same.