Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Shane's last...... thoughts?

Discussion in 'Episode 213 - Beside the Dying Fire' started by Adam Guthrie, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Adam Guthrie

Adam Guthrie New Member

OK, First I would like to say that the change in media from Comic to TV show throws out all the rules. I know Kirkman has not made causes and cures a prominent part of the plot and that many of you are so dedicated to the concept of the human drama that you will not allow discussion of the "what if"s and "why"s. If that is you, skip this thread please!!!!!!! http://cdn4.walkingdeadforums.com/images/smilies/zombie/zombies_mad.gif OK, now that that is out of the way, what was up with zooming into shane's head and showing the zombie freaking out. Was that just his transition or was it some kind of hive mind thing? Wasn't this the first time we saw someone change? Do they all send out some kind of "food here" beacon upon death?http://cdn4.walkingdeadforums.com/images/smilies/zombie/zombies_confused.gif The way the scene played out made it seem like his death and the coming hoard were connected in some way.

2. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

Good question. I thought that they were "showing" us that the virus was taking over his brain stem. I mean, they showed the outside of him and there was no movement, no breathing. So I assumed he was dead. Then they have the zombie visions. And I want to say that (oh rats, what's his name?) the guy they left by the road also felt or saw some of that. Geez, I can't really remember. Anyway, I hadn't considered that he might be connected to the coming hoard. I would love to hear some other thoughts.

3. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

I think it was just Shane's last moments of life and him thinking about what he's going to become. Or possibly his "life flashing before his eyes" from the past few months? Much like Jim had visions in the RV as he was slowly dying and saying "no, no, no", I think it's just that final fear of becoming a monster after death.

Or as DarylFTW mentioned, it was possibly just something to make it more eventful for the viewer and had nothing to do with Shane's transition.

No virus or mind connection kind of thing. These are walking dead corpses, not wizards or spiritual beings with connected minds.

4. Misfit

Misfit Active Member

Exactly.

I concur with Bassman.

5. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

"Ouch, What's that burning in my chest?"

6. Walkers Ate Me

I agree. Shane was already dead by the time he was having those graphic visions. Besides, the walkers only approached the farm after hearing the gunshot, which occurred after Shane had already turned.

7. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

It's pretty much showing the process of Shane becoming a walker.

8. Walker Shane

Walker Shane Member

I think it's basically the "instinct" part of his brain transforming into wanting nothing do do but eat. Jim was having those exact instincts in season one which is why he knew he was doomed and decided to be left behind

9. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

HAHAHA, the walking dead are not transformed into higher beings with psychic connections with other walkers. Seemed to me 'better off dead Shane' died layed out on the ground. The mental flashes represented the primal instincts all walkers posses, sparking to life. That was a wild scene. Thought they did a great job conveying that

10. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

They did this before. When Jim was bitten he saw these Walkerflashes to.. I guess it's just the fever who gives you hallucionations.
    But now I'm typing this... Shane saw them when he allready died. I guess the writers wanted to portray how the body got taken over by these virus/flu/cells etc..