Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Shane's little guilt trip

Discussion in 'Episode 208 - Nebraska' started by Zambi, Feb 13, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

Couldn't help but notice his guilty ramblings when he was talking to Carol

His words "I didn't know that she (sophia) was in the barn, if I had known....." trails off.

What? If he had known he would have done things differently? How about the feelings of Hershels family? Did theirs not matter to him? That girl Beth, what it did to her emotionally. If it turns out that she had been scratched or bitten that they do not know yet and she turns, its his fault.

"Just trying to keep everyone safe." But what? Unleashing the zombies in front of everyone? This was a job that could have been done at night from the lofters. Then no teen, child or mother would have suffered the trauma of it all and it would have safely dispatched the zombies.

2. Katr

Katr Member

Really not sure what they were trying to go for in that scene. It was. . .awkward. . .to say the least.

3. Maggie

Maggie Member

Shane reminds me more and more of a 15 yr old teenage boy with anger management issues. It think he DOES desperately want their approval, but at the same time arrogantly believes that he knows best and that he's the only one willing to step up and get er done. As a restult, he's always surprised when the people he is traveling with are not praising him for what he did. Then instead of looking at his own behavior, he gets sullenly angry and stomps away believing they are ungrateful pieces of future zombie food....

4. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

Yeah, I thought it was funny how all Dale had to do was stare at him to cause him to go berserk and sit there arguing what he thinks is his own self worth to the group. lol

A teen age girl got hurt because of his crap, zombies are probably migrating in their direction because of all the gun fire, yet he has to justify himself for it all.

5. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

I didn't get what they were going for in that scene, I can only descibe it as Icky! He was the one who talked about calling off the search so then to say "I didn't know she was in there but if I had.....". Just doesn't make sense, If you had what??? Don't say he would have done things differently because that is the same thing he was blaming Hershel for.

6. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

Maybe he meant he would have calmed his dumbass down and found a more discreet way to dispatch the zombies, minus the big circus show he invoked so that Carol wouldn't have to suffer the trauma of seeing her daughter like that? Maybe, but he certainly cared nothing about how it would affect the surviving children on Hershel's farm to see their mom and brother like that.

7. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

Exactly Zambi, he didn't care that Hershel's whole family watched their loved ones get mowed down! Or he could have gone into the hayloft by himself and shot them one by one, so as not to endanger anyone else or have anyone esle see the gruesome display. It really would have been better if he could have used Daryls crossbow or some other silent way to get rid of them all without every person standing by watching the blood bath.

8. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

Right!

Another thing he could have done was to do what he did with the walkers on those poles, tell Hershel to think about it, then readdress it. It seems much of why Hershel got drunk was because he realized it at that point. So it would have given him a better chance to be on board, they could have got into the loft, using those poles to ensnare and pull them upward while silently dispatching them one by one.

9. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

I agree. It was awkward and the way he kept twitching made it creepy!

10. Damrod

Damrod Member

Walkers or others would have come soon enough. Herschel had to be shown what had happened to his family that they were no longer human. It was the hard way and it worked.

11. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan of Shane. I often think he's dangerous. But that was a good and rational moment for him.

Yes, the walkers inside the barn had to be destroyed, but Shane went about it the wrong way.

When Shane said Sophia was "gone" he literaly meant gone. I don't think cops want to think about missing children as dead.

Perhaps the barn incident will teach Shane to act rationally, but sadly I doubt it.

12. daggxthedark

daggxthedark Member

Shane left things clear, you want to survive you gotta fight for it

13. marsyao

marsyao Member

In the next episode "Trigger finger", Andrea would tell Shane "Have you tried lighter touch? Your decisions, abandoned looking for Sophia, breaking into the barn, those are right calls , but it is your way of presentation left much to desired"

14. Staxx

Staxx New Member

that speech was one of his best scenes of the show..

15. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

While the speech was good, one could even say powerful, it was the ramblings of a dangerous, out of touch borderline sociopath. You can be good hearted, decent and civilized in a world like this. Look at Rick. He tried to do things the right way. He tried to get Hershel to come to grips with what is going on in a much more "pleasant" way. Yet Rick was capable of Quick Draw Magrawing those scavengers in the bar. After Hershel had come to grips with everything they could have cleared the barn in a much more tactical way and not have put anybody at risk. Would have been able to stay on the farm with no real friction anymore over the walkers. Shane may have accomplished some of that, but at a much greater risk. Look at the damage Shane caused with his antics. Caused panic and a very dangerous situation. May have got Beth I think it is "infected". Carl and Carol had to witness the massacre of the walkers and Sophia. And may have caused Hershel 20ish years of sobriety. Shane gets things done, but at what cost?

16. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

I'd hope so! And I think if he wasn't being so head spun by Lori he might have stood a better chance of learning from this, or how to go about getting the job done in a safer, rational manner.

17. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

The speech sounds good, the kind that excites people into a riot. However, there is more to surviving than simply fighting for it. People who are all about fight fight fight don't live very well in these kinds of worlds. The ones that are able to fight, able to reason, able to say sane enough to be on guard, able to maintain their intelligence, and able to promote working together as a team, are the ones most likely to survive in such a world.