Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Shazam! (probable spoilers)

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Morgotha, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

This is a movie about a boy who becomes a superhero. He grew up in foster homes, and in addition to gaining his superpowers has to deal with going in to a new group home.

Overall, the movie gives the impression of being a made-for-t.v. movie aimed a middle and highschoolers, but is entertaining none the less. The foster couple in the movie has to be THE ideal foster couple in the world, and overall gives a positive vibe to the meaning of family. The stock bad guys are routine, but the main evil guy has a pretty good reason for his actions, and there were a few interesting things as far as what monster did what and how that related to evil's downfall.

They did a pretty good job of showing what a kid would do if suddenly given superpowers, and there were some fun scenes with that, and without the gritty realism of paying the consequences for your actions or of a ton of government agents showing up to make use of them - like a said, a made-for-t.v. version. LOL, and they got such a goofy guy to play the "adult" Shazam, it again fit well with the show.

One thing I couldn't get past was the lightning bolt on Shazam's suit. The plasticy look and backlighting looks like something from the 70's, and that's not some retro-homage to the good old days, it just looked bad. OTOH, I've got to hand it to the maker of his super suit though, it was very muscled, and I got a perverse pleasure out of seeing a "dent" in the deltoid between the anterior and lateral portions of it, like in the photo below:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was a pretty good movie. The Jama-fam saw it on Friday and it was very funny. I didn't care about the cheap looking lightning bolt. This was definitely the best DC movie so far, and I liked Aquaman, Wonder Woman and Man of Steel.

This is how they should have done these movies to begin with.... Do the solo character movies (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, Shazam! Etc.) Then do some villain's stories (Joker).... THEN that's when they should have done Batman v. Superman and follow up with Justice League.

But whatever, at least DC seems to be on the right track now.

• Like Like x 1
  3. HungryZombie

HungryZombie Active Member

Been waiting for this movie with excitement and horror. It looks so goofy from the trailers. Goofy can be good if done right.

• Like Like x 1