Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Sherlock Returns!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Off-Topic' started by Hunter codf, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Hunter codf

Hunter codf Super Moderator

You'll probably find out in the first episode of season 3

People are entitled to their opinions. The stories you named are very good but that doesn't mean that Sherlock is a bad story. It might not be your cup of tea but Conan's Sherlock is widely considered one of the greats. His work fell off in the later years of course. That's because he didn't really want to continue with them. He was basically forced to bring back Sherlock after Reichenbach.

No but I think I know what you're getting at. I understand your point of view on Dr. Who as it pertains to scifi but Sherlock is not a part of that. Not sure why you're lumping it in with that.

2. Ging2487

Ging2487 Member

Wow, you're so witty.

Seriously you're make that assumption that ALL British TV sucks? Go back to watching Jersey Shore or The Big Bang Theory...

All Doctor Who and Sherlock fans are nerds? And what's wrong with being a nerd? Even then, not all of them are. I would tell you to get off your high horse but I can make the assumption that idiots don't know how to get on one.

3. guehwyvar

guehwyvar Active Member

what ever you know British TV is balls. You can make fun of reality shows all you want because you guys invented them cough cough Big Brother. Also are you going to put up Sherlock up against, The Walking Dead, Sons of Anarchy, The Americans, Game of Thrones, and list goes on and on American TV > the world!

4. guehwyvar

guehwyvar Active Member

No I like the first books. Not best story ever but there ok they certainly don't suck. But I don't like the TV show or any of the movies.

5. Hunter codf

What don't you like about the show?

6. guehwyvar

guehwyvar Active Member

I don't like the production or pace of the show. I think Steven Moffat is garbage IMOP Sherlock is the best thing he has done but he is ruining it, and I don't like Martin Freeman as an actor.

7. Ging2487

Ging2487 Member

Yes but for every good show you come up with, ten bad shows are made.... And we didn't invent Big Brother, that first appeared on Dutch or Belgian TV... British TV is recognised as superior. I'm not saying this as a British TV fanboy, I love a lot of American shows but I find British shows better... I would happily put Sherlock up against The Walking Dead, Sons of Anarchy or Game of Thrones. I won't say the Americans as I haven't seen that so I can't pass judgment. Yes, I believe Sherlock is better than those shows, that's my opinion.

Anyway, back to Sherlock. can't wait for Series 3. But I heard we're more likely to get it at the beginning of the new year.

8. Hunter codf

Haha well that is that I suppose. Pretty much everything you said is why I like the show. Humans and their opinions……what makes us great.

Well IMDb has it pegged for Halloween as you can see. They're usually pretty reliable.

Oh wait I just realized why you've heard something different. The US will get it later than the UK. Cumberbatch was trying to get it released at the same time but it looks like he failed. It will air in the UK starting Oct 31st but in the US probably after the new year like you said.

9. Ging2487

Ging2487 Member

Don't really trust IMDB for casting news but they might be pretty accurate on dates. It makes sense though, as they've just about finished filming the last episode and Post Production shouldn't take the rest of the year, so October sounds pretty accurate.

10. BlackOps

BlackOps Active Member

It's all finished now. It's been announced 2014 for US (lol u fails) also it's meant to end on a major cliffhanger (probably Watson/his wife getting shot)

11. TheUser

TheUser Super Moderator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kazam420

Kazam420 Active Member

They won't die. They're too valuable of characters to die. They'll just do the old making it look like they died, but then the screen fades to black and in the season 4 Sherlock will probably be in their hospital rooms, with a 5 o clock shadow, he wouldn't sleep or eat the whole time either of them were comas. Just sit there, watching and waiting for them to wake up, begging them to wake up.

All of you fagg0ts owe me 20$ if this actually happens. :p

13. NatureSun

NatureSun Member

This version of Sherlock is really the best in my opinion, the fact that it's made by the same people who're working on Doctor Who now a days is just an added bonus.

Can't wait for it to return! How do you think Sherlock faked his death?

14. Hunter codf

There is a reason he had Watson go to a specific spot then stop. It was done with perspective IMO. He also told Ms. Hooper that he needed her help with something. Gee, wonder why he needed a coroner's help? After Sherlock falls Watson is knocked over by someone on a bicycle, definitely not a coincidence, most likely to give time for a switch to be made.

He faked Adler's death after he saved her and Mycroft says it would take Sherlock to fool him. Well, here's another example of it. My only gripe with it is the timetable. In order to set all this up, he had to know he was going to jump off the ledge before going up to meet with Moriarty. I suppose it could have just been his contingency but it all seems a bit far fetched.

On the other hand it could be something completely different. Whatever it is, I hope they explain it well and it's not just a line of dialog that is simply brushed over.

15. Kazam420

Kazam420 Active Member

I will put my fist through my monitor if that happens.

16. NatureSun

NatureSun Member

Yeah man there are just so many theories, and all of them as wacky as the other!

I don't have the faintest idea how Sherlock did it, but they better explain it properly considering how much people have been talking about it all these months!

17. Hunter codf

Keep an eye out tomorrow (Sept 1) for a trailer containing scenes from Sherlock Series 3. When I see it I will post it here.

18. BlackOps

BlackOps Active Member

In the books his wife dies pretty quickly after their marriage.

I want them to film the best theories and put them as extras on the season 3 DVD. It would be pretty funny to see him jump and transform into a robot.

19. Ging2487

Ging2487 Member

Go go gadget Sherlock?

20. Kazam420

Kazam420 Active Member

Oh yeah. xD His wife isn't exactly a memorable character imo.