Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Shiva!!!

Discussion in 'Episode 804 - Some Guy' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Realism of the show?????

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  2. bluedahlia

bluedahlia Member

I cried for quite a while for Shiva. I'm gonna boycott the show for a few episodes. They could have kept her on. She wasn't in many scenes anyways. Bad move Kirkman.

Bad enough he killed off any animals, horses, etc. Does he have a fetish.

#22 bluedahlia, Nov 13, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  3. Rozzer

Rozzer New Member

I'm getting pretty tired of TWD when it comes to animals, they make them completely stupid. What is with them and making animals forget they are capable of running away? It was clear Shiva was starting to panic and there was a massive opportunity for her to get out. I'm not against her being killed off, but do it in a way that isn't ridiculous. Plus, a 500 pound tiger would do a lot more damage to those walkers than she did.

I would've preferred it if Ezekiel was about to be swarmed by the walkers, Carol and Jerry unable to help, and THEN Shiva dives in, not leaving until Ezekiel is safe and it's too late for her to get away.

#23 Rozzer, Nov 13, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I will miss seeing Shiva when we visit Kingdom. She added excitement to the trip.
    But her time was limited, and Kirkman knew it, when he wrote that scene in the comic. Shiva would eventually die, saving her friend.
    For the same reason why Zeke jumped into Shivas enclosure, risking his life.
    It's just something they had to do, because that is who they were.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. WalkingDeadFan88

WalkingDeadFan88 New Member

What's more sadder is that some people (like the ones in the comments on TWD facebook page) say their done with the show after Shiva dies. Yes it was sad to see shiva go but for me I'm more ready to move onto the next episode. I agree with some ppl here though, Shiva a 500 pound tiger would of mauled up those walkers surrounding her.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

You're quite right. It's pretty sad that people get upset over the death of a CGI tiger. For all the scenes it had, it's really a non issue. I did like how they had Zeke in a pit of sorts and Shiva jumps in to save him as Zeke did for her at the zoo. Nice touch.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

It's sad lol but she needed to go. She brought the fantasy of a kingdom to fruition as much of Ezekiel's act. They both need to go (Shiva and his act) to further develop him.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Kirkman doesn't have the final say. He's an executive producer. Gimple is the showrunner. He is basing the plot off the comics, but he is the one calling the shots for the show, more than Kirkman. After all this is TWD, we lose the ones we love ;)

9. bluedahlia

bluedahlia Member

I stand corrected. The comics are one thing and the show diverts from them quite often. I'm just saying that as soon as an animal is introduced, its a sure thing it will die.

So Gimple can kiss my A$$!

10. Neuropyramidal

Well, yeah, it would be hard to keep an animal alive for a long time in this series, as mostly they have been moving from place to place, and living on the road, until ASZ. Shiva always had a purpose though, which was to be part of Ezekiel's "King" persona. The fall of that persona also meant the fall of Shiva. It was part of nailing the coffin of the end of that chapter for Zeke's character.

It might have made less sense for him to lose the King characteristics yet still have Shiva. I think she served a good arc.

However, there are a couple ASZ dogs that as far as I know are still alive ;). They can be seen in the background from time to time.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

I wish they could have kept Shiva! She should have been able to escape the walkers. :(

12. bluedahlia

bluedahlia Member

I understand the whole character building storyline, but I still think it stinks. I'm sure Shiva could have taken care of those walkers.

I got upset with GoT too when one of the dragons was killed. I'm waiting for the other two to go too.

I'm just an animal lover. What can I say.

13. bluedahlia

bluedahlia Member

Can someone link me to the facebook page?

14. WalkingDeadFan88

WalkingDeadFan88 New Member

15. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I seriously believe that Shiva could have survived those walkers in a real life scenario.... hehe.... I know, that sounds totally ridiculous to say because there's no "Real life" scenarios out there that involve zombies in the first place, but I digress...

She could have definitely taken out more than 3 or 4 before dying, if not all. Her teeth are weapons. Her claws are weapons. Her speed, power and weight is probably her most effective weapon in that scenario.

Yes, the walkers have no fear impulses to make them hesitate in attacking her, so that gives them a slight advantage. But those zombies are decaying and can be easily torn apart. They probably weigh 120-130 pounds at most. A tiger is also incredibly fast for its size. Each blow could disable a zombie (maybe 2 or 3 at a time when they got close) and it would happen quickly.

She would have mowed down a couple of dozen before they were able to gain an upper hand on her. Just sayin.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Neuropyramidal

Yeah, physically she could have overpowered them and gotten away, although she may have gotten bitten in the process. Its been hinted at in the past that animals tend to steer clear of the walkers in most cases, because they sense something 'different' about them. So one could chalk it up to the idea that Shiva overcame her natural walker-fear for a short period in order to attack that one walker, but then it overwhelmed her when they surrounded her so she held back there.

I'd quasi-buy that as an explanation, although even in that case I feel that her survival instinct would win over her fear in the end, and she would have fought a bit harder before being taken down.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Similar? Tyreese was surrounded by way more zombies and they looked in good shape. Shiva had some seriously decayed slow zombies around her. :eek:

Not just zombies but lets just picture that many HUMANS (no weapons) vs a tiger. It doesn't matter if the humans tried to bite her, they would fail to bite her because she'd knock them the fetch down.

It would have been way better to create a scenario where Shiva sacrificed to save Ezekiel from an army of Saviors trying to gun him down and she ended up gunned down in the process.

18. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Good catch! He did resemble the description of Harold Lauder, the smart kid who betrays his group in The Stand.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

Yes. This. She was overwhelmed and panicked. You're definitely hitting on the point that Shiva's death is plausible and I would add that it could have been handled better, i.e. she shouldn't have had such an opportunity to run and should have been more realistically overwhelmed or even caught by more of a surprise.

Understandably, 500 pound carnivores are very much killing machines and I can see why viewers are skeptic, but they're still animals and can be immobilized by shock and fear in the same way a house cat can. Animals have varying behavioral temperaments who are not always cognitively self-aware of their "size and strength" - and not all animals "panic" in the same way. It's what gives us the biological idea of fight or flight to begin with.

If I had a chance to re-do this scene, I would have had Shiva reunite a few minutes earlier (perhaps wounded to add to the realism of her death), travel a bit w/ our crew until the waste pit (which I would have made a little deeper), and as our crew is moving across, Ezekiel falls in (as young Shiva did before - so cool parallel), as Carol and Jerry climb down to help Ezekiel is accosted by a walker (or 2) that Shiva dispatches, but as she does this she is overwhelmed from behind and taken down whilst slashing back, but ultimately devoured as Carol and Jerry get Ezekiel, climb out, and keep walking while Ezekiel responds emotionally...

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

tl;dr

Shiva should have been distracted while saving Ezekiel and then ambushed from behind in a deeper, more enclosed space... Other than that, the death was very plausible... and sad as hell haha

• Funny Funny x 1