Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Shiva!!!

Discussion in 'Episode 804 - Some Guy' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 12, 2017.

1. bluedahlia

bluedahlia Member

Thanks WalkindDeadFan!

No, this show is really beginning to suck. The writers can't even keep track of what they do in previous episodes. Last week Jesus doesn't want to kill any of the prisoners because "that's not who they are", but they could go and kill people in their sleep. That's the first time I realized the show was starting to fail. Killing people in their sleep????? And now they kill off Shiva. I'm sure the King's character would be fully developed with the death of most of his people. The CGI was too expensive......the over abundance of commercials would have paid for that!!!! They are ridiculous, and GREEDY!

#41 bluedahlia, Nov 13, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

If I remember right, Harold Lauder was fat, clean cut, and full of acne. Although in the TV miniseries he was thin and clean cut, with no acne lol.

3. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

In the book, Harold was fat, had acne, and wore glasses, but when he and the group reached Boulder, CO, and began to clean up the town (burying bodies, clearing the streets), Harold lost some of his weight.

4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yeah, he reminded me more of a young Eugene, but a little bit less Aspergerish...

5. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I think Shiva's death can be taken to mean the waking up of Ezekiel. Having a tiger walking around as a pet is definitely a fairy tale. So, the going of Shiva symbolically means he has waken up from a 'royal' dream. He is just 'some guy'.

BTW, that toxic waste dump produces walkers with corroded skin. And so, I suppose this explains the walker in the last episode that Ezekiel+Carol met. It should not then be related to the Whisperers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Singtress

Singtress Active Member

If the musical RENT was about gamers, Gunther would play Mark.

(How many will understand this, I wonder.)

7. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

Great catch! I hadn't made that connection about the waste dump walkers. I think you're right.

8. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

Way to go Walking Dead. I am now crying over a CGI tiger.
    Unfortunately this was not the first time.

Stupid Life of Pi.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

You're not an animal lover, you're a CGI lover. The horses in season 1 or season 5(?) are more worth feeling sorry for.

10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I shed a few tears when Shiva died. Knew it was going to happen.

What I find interesting is that the majority of fans fall back on the complaint of "the cgi cost too much money that is why Shiva was killed off". While I am sure that the CGI is a significant expense I doubt that was the crux of her demise. She died in the comic books! Saving Zeke! It was her CGI destiny! And as a few others have stated (far more eloquently than I could) her death was in direct correlation to the death of Ezekiel's king persona. She represented the facade, the fairy tale as @Blueman expresses so wonderfully.

The complaints about bad writing, too much of the same thing happening, AMC does not spend money, not real enough, blah blah blah. I really wish the chronic complainers would take a page from their own notebooks and come up with new and refreshing things to bitch moan and complain about.

@Jen7 and @PepperAnn 18 and counting!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

What's the chance we will see a walker tiger limping around with no tail one ear and three legs?

12. bluedahlia

bluedahlia Member

UMMMMMMMM, this is my first post on page 2 of this thread....... Did I mention Horses?????

"
    I cried for quite a while for Shiva. I'm gonna boycott the show for a few episodes. They could have kept her on. She wasn't in many scenes anyways. Bad move Kirkman.

Bad enough he killed off any animals, horses, etc. Does he have a fetish."

And yes I am an animal lover. I have 3 dogs, a bird, a turtle and a parrot fish. I have Young Onset Parkinson's Disease, but still take care of them.

#52 bluedahlia, Nov 14, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  13. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

LMAO!!!!! You're list is becoming epic. LOL

Finally watched the episode last night and this morning. Shiva went out like a boss. She loved her master and proved it with the ultimate sacrifice. RIP Shiva.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. PepperAnn

It won't let me edit. I know it's "your" and not "you're". LOL

15. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

BAH HA HA HA HA

Okay, I will not rate you with a "bad spelling"!

• Like Like x 1
  16. bluedahlia

bluedahlia Member

You know what, I wish you all would stop with the CGI talk. Shiva is a character in the series just like the actors are. Why shouldn't we be upset with her death. Glen died and we were upset. He's not really dead but his character died so I don't understand why we can't be sad over Shiva.....

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Why did your post just make me tear up?! I was doing fine.

[​IMG]

18. PepperAnn

LOL Sowwy. <3

19. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

That's ok, I clearly still had some emotions bottled up that I needed to get out :p

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Of course you can be upset over Shiva's death. You're not alone. I imagine as a pet owner yourself you can empathize with Zeke's feelings over the loss of a beloved pet and companion. It sucks. Unfortunately, besides symbolizing the loss of Zeke's king "fantasy" it also serves to underscore how difficult it is to keep anyone or anything you love with you in this world.

• Agree Agree x 2