Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Shiva!!!

Discussion in 'Episode 804 - Some Guy' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

My sister has only started watching the show since season 7 (she did binge the previous 6 episodes). After the death of Shiva she sent me a text that simply stated "I officially hate this show". She will of course be watching this Sunday :p

• Like Like x 1
  2. Gordian Knot

Gordian Knot Member

Personally I hated how they killed Shiva. Sometimes the people running this show are just too sadistic. Yeah I get that The King had to Lose Everything part of the storyline. The Shiva scene was sick though. For one, these people do not realize just how powerful a full grown tiger is. It's not she is a horse that we have seen slaughtered by zombies. Just because she is jumped by 8 to 10 zombies, that would not put her down. Oh they'd get their bites in and then her survival instinct would have taken over and she would have thrown those people off of her and beat a hasty retreat. She would NOT have sat there and allowed them to chew her to death. Utterly stupid. And how drawn out it was - too cruel. I didn't even watch that scene. Benefits of having DVR'd it and watched it later. If she had to go because of budgetary reasons there were a hundred other ways she could have gone down heroically. Like being mangled by that machine gun for instance while trying to save the King. Truly the most cruel and unnecessary death in the history of the show.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. DarylIsHott

DarylIsHott Member

Like every other animal death scene on The Walking Dead, I had to look away. Those scenes always gets to me.

• Like Like x 1
  4. bluedahlia

bluedahlia Member

Hands over my ears while I ran out of the room. Knot, totally agree with you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Indeed, with just a swing of her paw, Shiva could knock off the head of a walker or cut a walker body in half, especially due to the advanced decomposed/corroded state of the walkers.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I just want to repeat what others have said: Shiva's death was poorly filmed. In the comic, Shiva fought valiantly to give Ezekiel time to escape. On the show, she just lied down and let the walkers bite her. AMC clearly wanted the CGI tiger gone as quickly as possible. :mad:

• Like Like x 1
  7. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I'm sad about Shiva, I know, why they did it, but still, one of the saddest moments.

About why Shiva couldn't get free: I was of the impression, that she was stucked in that toxic mud. Carol, Jerry and Zeke did take great care, not to step into it, Zeke even said, he can't cross it, so I guess, it must be dangerous enough to not get stuck in it. And Shiva jumped right in, she probably didn't get a footing there. I don't find that scenario unbelievable.

But I say it again: I really don't want to be an animal in TWD :rolleyes:

8. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

Why would he take his pet tiger out to a battle with guns in the first place, what does the tiger add to the battle? The tiger would be frightened off and terrified at the gun shots. The tiger thing to me is one of more ridiculous, cartooney things in the shows history. At least it's gone.

CGI to me was well done. The animation looked really cool to me, but the usage of the animal in the story was idiotic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've said this countless times. I like Shiva, but she really makes no sense logically lol. There's no reason to bring a tiger to a battle when you have 50 guns. When the conflict starts, she's just as likely to attack one of your own people, as the enemy. It would be like the military heading into conflict, armed with heavy duty weapons, and saying "hey you know what...maybe we should also bring Frankenstein. He might strangle somebody at random".

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. DeeLaurean

DeeLaurean Well-Known Member

I’m going to miss that guy in the blue onesie leotard jumping around on his trampampoline.

Sent from my iPhone using ........ ?
    A, index finger.
    B, middle finger.
    C, pen thing with rubber doodat.
    D, something rude and incidentally quite large so making it rather difficult.

11. ranger550

ranger550 New Member

I agree. Fact is all of the Cat family do pretty much the same thing, from house cats to
    Lions and Tigers. The hunt down meat animals. A Tiger like Shiva would not lay down
    and die from weak zombies. She would be lashing out with everything she had or run, not
    sit there and allow herself to be bitten and killed by the walking dead.

Even your own cat will bite you if it feels mistreated. I picked up one of mine to pet her, and she felt it was too quick and bit down on my hand and fingers instantly, right to the bone.

Too I always wondered how the King kept her fed? Tigers only eat meat, and since it wasn't eating dead flesh, where or how did Shiva get fed lots of meat everyday?

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. ranger550

ranger550 New Member

You are exactly correct. A large cat like a Tiger is extremely deadly. I'd rather take my chances with a bear chasing me down. The cat family is much more cunning then a bear.

A bears eyesight is not as good as a cats, and cats in the wild, even house cats, dont fear water when hunting down game. A lake or river won't save you from a large cat at all.

Unless you have a weapon like a gun, spear or bow, you are pretty much dead if a large cat is after you. Apparently the producers of this show dont know much about cats.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

It is frustrating. They have some good elements going on this season, but are choosing to really ham it up overall.