Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Shooting Fish in a Barrel

Discussion in 'Episode 704 - Service' started by PepperAnn, Nov 17, 2016.

1. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Since when was Michonne such a bad shot? We have seen her with a gun many times in the past and the issue has never been addressed at all....?

2. hiddeninside

hiddeninside Member

Crooked barrel? No idea. I was wondering about this as well... :zombies_confused:

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I feel like they were trying to showcase two things there. One, everyone is off their game after what happened with Negan. And two, there's never a better time to focus on your faults than right after a huge loss and reality check. As a group they thought they were invincible before that night, and when you feel like you're invincible you ignore individual shortcomings. Now they are knocked down to size and everyone is examining their weaknesses.

4. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Acceptable.
    Still think we should have already had some kind of an idea that this was one of her weaknesses though. It really came out of left field.

5. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I wondered about that, too. Maybe it is to alert us to fighting mode when we least expect it, when the katana isn't in sight.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Oh the sight on that gun was totally off :) Michonne does NOT miss unless something is off.

I was a little confused at first by her intentions in this scene - when she first took off with the gun i thought she was going to try and hunt down Negan like she did with the Governor back in the day. I didn't THINK she would put herself and everyone else in danger like that, but the way she snuck out showed that she was up to something Rick may try to stop her from doing. Then when she sat on the car shooting at the walker, i took it as target practice/preparation for a fight, and her getting frustrated with herself. I think she holds herself to really high standards. Also, I think the walker sort of represented the threat of Negan coming at them, with them all powerless to stop him.

I was also really nervous when she came back that Negan was going to take her katana :-/ :-/

7. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

I don't know how the saviors didn't hear her gunfire either. She couldn't have walked that far away and sound carries. I think that was something else the writers glossed over.

8. DeeLaurean

DeeLaurean Well-Known Member

Dreadlocks got in the way.

9. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

I don't think it was a matter of her being a bad shot as much as shooting a rifle, (which has never been something she's known for) unsupported, at a hard to predict, swaying target from a long range. The show has made it look like it's child's play to score consecutive headshots with anything from crossbows to handguns to rifles. I'd like to think I'm a pretty good shot, especially with handguns, but I can't imagine anyone I know having even half the level of accuracy they all have on the show.

And yeah. What Neuro said.

You'd be surprised. In the show (especially season 2's finale comes to mind) they make it seem like the sound of a gunshot carries for miles. Ask anyone who's been in the deer woods on opening day. Any more than a few hundred yards away and it gets surprisingly quiet. Especially if there area is even slightly hilly. If she went more than a mile or two she was plenty far for it not to draw attention. And even if it did draw attention, she came back with a deer, so there's your excuse.

10. Gordian Knot

Gordian Knot Member

Michonne is fine with guns. This was a sniper rifle though. Completely different animal. She was trying to learn this weapon so she could take out Negan at a far distance I assume. Only thing is sniper rifles are a hell of a lot more complicated than regular rifles. Windage and elevation.

They did carry it a bit ridiculous though. The last couple shots the walker was ten feet away from her! lol. No way she could have missed at that distance.

11. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

She is channeling her inner Tyreese. I swear that guy was half Imperial Stormtrooper.

12. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly. She should just throw her Katana at stuff. She's a beast with that thing!! A BEAST!!!1!

13. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

The shot in the deer was a plot hole.

14. Poppy

Poppy Member

I agree. When she missed the first shot, I shrugged my shoulders, but when she missed the second shot, I thought she needs to sight that scope in. Then... the third shot, I figured that she must have loose scope mounts, because it couldn't be that far off. I really hadn't considered any symbolism beyond that.

15. hiddeninside

hiddeninside Member

For me, it looked as if one of her shots at the walker had accidentally hit that deer. I think that's the reason why she looked a bit upset about it.
    Some of you mentioned this whole scene could be a symbol for something else - what sounds absolutely reasonable to me. If that's true, I hope this misdirected shot wasn't symbolic either... :-/

#15 hiddeninside, Nov 18, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2016
  16. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

My comment was a feeble attempt at a joke.

17. hiddeninside

hiddeninside Member

Oh...*clears throat* Well... of course! I knew that! :zombies_lol: *creeping off whistling silently*

18. DeeLaurean

DeeLaurean Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using little or no insight.

19. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

What if she was just hunting and they wanted us to assume she was missing the walker?
    Why practice,she is Michonne and they need food and ammo a lot more than she needed practice.

I think they are just getting us ready to be looking for things we don't expect,like everything from here on out maybe?

20. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

When shooting at a deer, DOEnt miss.