Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Should Daryl have been stopped?

Discussion in 'Episode 807 - Time for After' started by Jen7, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

#1 -- Rick's plan is horrible and he put himself at risk by going back to the Junkyard Artist herself and expecting them to sanely go along with it. The garbage pail kids are crazy and evil, so that was idiotic.

The other bit of the plan to give the Saviors a chance to surrender is also stupid and I agree with Neuro 100% on that -- we don't need a large amount of people with a grudge against us roaming and it would be very difficult to discern who is good/bad out of them for integration into our communities.

Negan is correct that people are a resource, but this is too high tensioned to play the soft game at the moment. Same reason that Jesus is moronic(and everyone who allowed him to dictate that situation)for convincing them to take the Saviors as POWs. Maggie is smart in her handling of the situation for numerous reasons -- which of course includes the usage of the POWs for potential negotiation.

Maggie is prepared to execute them however and I expected no less from her.

#2 -- Daryl's plan to blow out the compound and bring hell upon them is sound. What is not sound is doing it rogue and not utilizing all of their resources to make sure it works as intended and everyone inside that compound is toast.

A coordinated effort with the entire faction, using all resources and positioning to levy maximum damage and then assault Saviors escaping the compound would have done the job. The problem with that is everyone was going along with Rick's dumbass plan.

Daryl is correct in his reasoning, but wrong and half assed in his approach.

An all out assault with Daryl's plan, that would include many breeches and destructive attempts on the Saviors compound would have been preferable. This could also include the use of the garbage pail idiots, only instead of Rick going alone and putting himself at risk, the entire faction would go and force them into assisting at the threat of annihilation. This would be payback for their double cross.

Then after you've wiped out the Savior's -- you disarm those nasty trash collectors and sternly warn them that any issue's of any sort = total annihilation. There's no further deal.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Last night's episode is another example of Gimple trying to turn the fans against Daryl, which is what he's tried to do since Beth was kidnapped in season 5. :mad:

#22 Rapscallion, Dec 4, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Whether he should have been stopped, Rosita leaving and then Michonne, that should have put a stop to his plan. Darryl should have seen their quitting as a clear sign, not sure what else they could have done. He was just hell bent bound and determined plus Tara the sidekick... The plan might have worked with both Michonne and Rosita but once they left he should've seen the writing on the wall, yet he didn't.
    That's what irks me, is the way this guy keeps going like he's suddenly got blinders on.

4. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

He should have been stopped.

By Negan.

Through a good ol' head smashing back in season 6.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

I agree. Me saying I don't care is because I really feel it's us or them. And this far into the ZA Rick and then have killed countless people. If this is the cost of beginning a new world it's well worth it

6. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

I think he felt the plan had a wrench thrown into it when they lost the kingdom and he saw a way to end it instantly rather than waiting and hoping they would just roll over and surrender. Only thing I disagree with him on is doing it alone or with very few people. If the whole team was on board he really had the best plan. End it now instead of waiting and hoping they would stay stuck for days or they would just surrender without a fight which would be costly because they still had the numbers

7. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

100% agree. If they would've done this right the war would be over and the saviours would be dead. Then they could move on and make the world a better place

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Who are they making the world better for if they wipe out an entire population of innocent workers (children included) because they had a bad leader? Themselves? It’s an apocalypse and the population is dwindling...people don’t grow on trees. You need people to build a better world. Rick had strategy...Daryl acted like a child.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

The problem with Daryl going rogue is that they need to be all working together for any plan to work against the negans.

Without anyone else knowing his actions he has reopened them all to the possible release of the negans and now they will be paying for it,plain and simple.

All of the sentries and snipers left behind to ensure the Rick plan went to conclusion are dead or scattered and no one even realizes it at all until Rick stumbles into this again and while he is in the company of the trash to whom he is only there to prove that his claims of crushing negan are true.

They are in a real pickle now!
    Thanks mostly to Taryl.

11. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

My Master Plan
    by Scott M Gimple

1. Teach Kim Jong-un how to build stuff and thangs
    2. Convince the donald to drill for water in the Antartica
    3. Trick the viewers into hating Daryl
    4. Try a new hairstyle for 2018​

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

To start they would have Alexandria, the hilltop and the kingdom. Then they are strong enough to spread out and be able to bring in people trying to survive. They don't need the saviors workers to begin to rebuild. Would it help? Maybe. But you also don't know them and don't know what they will do when you leave them alive.

So let's say they stuck with Rick's plan and they won because everything went right like it had to. What do you do with the workers and non workers? According to Rick only Negan had to die. So you're bringing in Simon and the soldiers. What happens then? if you take them as prisoners you have to feed them and make sure they don't escape.

I'm not saying killing everyone in the building is ideal or the "humane" thing to do but it sets you up for a future that is too great to risk it on the lives of the saviors or their workers

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

I'm curious as to how Daryl letting the walkers inside got the snipers killed. They didn't show what happened on the show so I guess it's up for us to imagine.

I'm also curious how Eugene was able to step out onto the roof without being shot or shot at. Were the snipers not on all sides of the building? If so the plan was bound to fail. I wish they would've shown how the saviors were able to clear the walkers and kill the snipers.

14. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

True,I am assuming that since the truck crashed thru the wall,The negans seem to have escaped,Rick found a dead sniper and could not raise any others on the radio,etc. that Daryls move has lead to the demise of Ricks plan and the death of those still at the sanctuary to keep it on track except of course for Morgan who can not die.

This is not what I was even saying though,I was just offering that Daryl is not being a team player and should have been stopped,the rest sort of naturally follows it seems but then with this show we can NEVER know for sure especially f something seems too obvious.

I wonder too about the blind spot that Eugene and D must have been in for the drone lesson?
    Neither plan was too perfect it seems.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I think Negan & his soldiers are a different story since they are in the full Negan mindset, so I agree with you there. The workers could remain at the sanctuary with Dwight (if Daryl or Tara doesn't kill him) and work on re-fortifying it. There would need to be constant communication between the communities. As long as the workers are still eating, drinking and have a roof over their head and they know the threat is gone of dying if they don't comply I don't see them as a threat. The leaders of the other communities could visit often, talk to them, etc. They could be given incentives like the ability to choose which community they live in or even leave if they want after a period of time when trust can be accomplished. Could it be risky? Sure. But so is everything else. Morgan could decide to Clear everyone in their sleep but they keep him around lol. There are risks to everything but i think killing all of the workers is a bad idea in general.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

LOL @ Morgan clearing everyone.

I agree. It's a slippery slope and it all depends on what you can and/or are willing to live with. If the group can take out Negan and his soldiers without killing the workers I'm all for it. But if they have an opportunity to take out Negan and his soldiers that would also put the workers at risk I think its a conversation the group at this point in life should at least consider. But I agree that it would be a tough call, but at this point in the series after everything they've been through and done it's one I understand being on the table.

17. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

The workers all seem as dedicated to Negan as well as the soldiers are. I realize much of this is fear and you have some good people in there, but who is who?

Too much risk. The Savior's unfortunately are just too bad of an entity to take a risk on.

As for humans being a resource -- you also can make contact with Oceanside post destroying the Savior's and now you have even more people.

Between HillTop, Kingdom, ASZ and Oceanside + more will come over time you've got people and some will inevitably like each other, which = procreation and more people.

Savior's are an unnecessary danger. Jesus' move was insane.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

I forgot about Oceanside. I agree they have plenty of people. And yes Jesus is absolutely crazy

19. WrongAboutCarl

WrongAboutCarl Active Member

If they wanted to do something interesting with Daryl, they should have him behave the opposite of how he is. Feeling responsible for Glenn’s death, he should doubt his instincts, and become more hesitant to act. This would be a logical progression that could lead to some compelling development of the character.

20. WebbieD

WebbieD Member

Without a doubt the worse season but with that said I could see Rick's plan until it included actually asking the trash people for help, wow. This is a creature that double crossed him, shot him, almost got his son killed (if it wasn't for Shevia) and one of the clan almost killed Michonne. Not to mention he really thinks their world would be safe with them in it. It is Rick that should of listened to Daryl, he knew not to trust them plus they had just been told all the Kingdom fighters were gone. Daryl, Morgan and Tara are right and it is the first time I have liked Morgan since S1. As far as the Savior workers go, these are people that have seen Negan burn people and act psycho, those weren't all lieutenants in 71 watching Glen and Ape get bashed. Yet instead of trying to leave, they bow to him. Maybe not all but most appear to turn their head to be taken care of. War means people die and look how many of Rick's group has. Negan got too big early on and he should of been killed by now, no matter what. This wishy washy way they have some of the characters acting is one of the reasons the show has gone down and Jesus's actions, I just have no words.